Obama to visit a mosque

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
POLITICO 44 | A Living Diary of the Obama Presidency

Obama has yet to visit a Jewish Temple and has yet to visit a Christian Church since taking the Presidency - so the first religious institution the 44th President of the United States which is over 90% Christian and 6% Jewish is to ... A MOSQUE?

President Obama will visit a mosque following his speech to the Muslim world in Cairo next month ... ... administration officials told reports on a Friday evening conference call.

"The speech," said Press Secretary Robert Gibbs, "will outline his personal commitment to engagement, based upon mutual interests and mutual respect," and "will review particular issues of concern, such as violent extremism and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. "

He added that following the speech, ""there will be a visit to a mosque -- and I don't have any further information on that at this point."

Obama has yet to visit a Jewish Temple and has yet to visit a Christian Church since taking the Presidency - so the first religious institution the 44th President of the United States which is over 90% Christian and 6% Jewish is to ... A MOSQUE?

President Obama will visit a mosque following his speech to the Muslim world in Cairo next month ... ... administration officials told reports on a Friday evening conference call.

"The speech," said Press Secretary Robert Gibbs, "will outline his personal commitment to engagement, based upon mutual interests and mutual respect," and "will review particular issues of concern, such as violent extremism and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. "

He added that following the speech, ""there will be a visit to a mosque -- and I don't have any further information on that at this point."

Question, where the hell do you get your statistics? Wheaties is not a good thing to get facts from, trust me.

He visited a synagogue on his trip to Prague.
The First Lady of the United States in Prague (posted on April 10) - U.S. Embassy in Prague

I believe he also visited a Christian Church on inauguration day, so I guess he put his visits in the right order.

When can he visit a Buddhist temple? Does he need to examine the US demographics before making this decision?

He visited a synagogue on his trip to Prague.
The First Lady of the United States in Prague (posted on April 10) - U.S. Embassy in Prague

I believe he also visited a Christian Church on inauguration day, so I guess he put his visits in the right order.

When can he visit a Buddhist temple? Does he need to examine the US demographics before making this decision?

No, they just seem to think he has to ask permission first now.

The Sonia Sotomayor doctrine is alive and well. You live with identity politics, you die with identity politics.

The Sonia Sotomayor doctrine is alive and well. You live with identity politics, you die with identity politics.

On the other hand, you can just ignore the identities of the rest of the people of the world and be a horrendously bad President. I think that has already been tried.

What change is being effected in the middle east, or anywhere else for that matter? Who dislikes the US less now? Is the world a safer place?

What change is being effected in the middle east, or anywhere else for that matter? Who dislikes the US less now? Is the world a safer place?

I see only one flaw here. In order to show a lack of "special" interest it is good for him to include all religious people in our country, and that includes Muslims, Jews, pagans of all stripes (though we don't have churches so meh), etc.. This is one of the few times in which it's a non-issue that makes me almost like the guy, but it's still a non-issue, kinda like visiting a fast food place (sheesh, haven't seen such a tantrum since I stopped working with elementary school kids).

Change? Don't know. Hard to tell. Rarely does significant change of this nature occur in a three month window.

Who dislikes the US less now? Apparently, many people think better of the US now. I live in Europe and I see it and hear it all the time.

Is the world safer? Again, don't know.

Taking cognizance of and being sensitive to your audience doesn't solve all problems, but it doesn't hurt either. I would think that isn't a terribly controversial idea.

Every despot in the world has ramped up their aggression since he took office.

Europe likes weak US Presidents until some troublemaker starts pissing on their beignets.

Every despot in the world has ramped up their aggression since he took office.

Europe likes weak US Presidents until some troublemaker starts pissing on their beignets.

Do you really care what anti-American freaks do? We still have our military and can kick their asses when they threaten us, now that would be a real issue, if Obama cuts the military spending too much. But nooooo .... people are whining because of stupid shit like this. You are putting him in a "no win" position, either he appeases one group and pisses of the other or we roll into a ball and just ignore the world, you can't have both.

Well, just take note that it was a leftwing lunatic who started this thread! Course even Willow gets it.

Will the Muslim religious symbols be covered? Is he going to pretend he was the first President to proclaim we are not at war with Islam? What will he say to bash the US and make the world and espwecially self-loathing Americans love him for it?

Will the Muslim religious symbols be covered? Is he going to pretend he was the first President to proclaim we are not at war with Islam? What will he say to bash the US and make the world and espwecially self-loathing Americans love him for it?

No

Yes

He will say we are arrogant and we are a nation of cowards!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back