Obama To Use MLK, Lincoln Bibles During Oath At Presidential Inauguration

Wow, I can feel the excitement building.

wow... even Obama-********* are capable of sarcasm about this non-event... :)

Actually a pretty big deal; he was an African American running on the Dem ticket when winning the primary was the equivalent of winning the White House. "Republican" was a dirty word at the end of Bush 43, and it was a toxic election cycle for the GOP.

But now, President Obama is a two-term president. That's the kind of tenure, with possible exception of GW Bush, that makes a president an historic figure. Plus it validates that America is evolving on matters of race, and that the 2008 climate was not an anomoly that made a black man possible. He earned a second term, even in a climate, economically, that history says he should have lost.

Two-term Dem presidents, in my lifetime (I'm near 55) include, Obama and Clinton. Very, very remarkable.

They feel threatened if anyone celebrates a culture different than "real Americans"

oh yawn us to death...

Great to see our president gearing up for a well deserved second term

well deserved, he didn't derseve shit..None of these Politicians do..but with people like you that is why they think their shit doesn't stink and they should run our lives to what light-bulbs and size of sodas we should have

oh yawn us to death...

well deserved, he didn't derseve shit..None of these Politicians do..but with people like you that is why they think their shit doesn't stink and they should run our lives to what light-bulbs and size of sodas we should have

America obviously disagrees

The threat of another Republican presidency scares most Americans

On November 6, 2012 Obama won 332 electoral votes, exceeding the 270 required for him to be re-elected as president.[121][122][123] With 51% of the popular vote, Obama became the first Democratic president since Franklin D. Roosevelt to twice win the majority of the popular vote.[124][125] President Obama addressed supporters and volunteers at Chicago's McCormick Place after his reelection and said: "Tonight you voted for action, not politics as usual. You elected us to focus on your jobs, not ours. And in the coming weeks and months, I am looking forward to reaching out and working with leaders of both parties."[126]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama

48% to 50%...whoopee...Obama came damn close to LOSING..
that's what cracks me up about you Obama worshippers

The presidential inauguration is to be for "all" American people.

And should be devoid of any undertones of politics, race, gender, ethnicity, class, etc.
the president can swear in on any book or just* affirm * there is not a mandate to use the bible.

Oath of office of the President of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think we all know that if he did not use the bible the piss drinkers would see that as evidence he is a Muslim.

He could just swear to himself with his hand on his multimillion dollar book where he states he hate being half white.

48% to 50%...whoopee...Obama came damn close to LOSING..
that's what cracks me up about you Obama worshippers

Republicans better get used to that 47% number

Also Dems getting over 300 electoral votes

The presidential inauguration is to be for "all" American people.

And should be devoid of any undertones of politics, race, gender, ethnicity, class, etc.

speak for yourself, I want no part of it, or his reign.

I got an invitation to the inaugural ball, woo hoo! I will let him know, Stuphie, that you disapprove of him getting his cooties on Lincoln's bible.

I wonder if Oprah got an invite? I don't think she gets along with the first pussy.

On November 6, 2012 Obama won 332 electoral votes, exceeding the 270 required for him to be re-elected as president.[121][122][123] With 51% of the popular vote, Obama became the first Democratic president since Franklin D. Roosevelt to twice win the majority of the popular vote.[124][125] President Obama addressed supporters and volunteers at Chicago's McCormick Place after his reelection and said: "Tonight you voted for action, not politics as usual. You elected us to focus on your jobs, not ours. And in the coming weeks and months, I am looking forward to reaching out and working with leaders of both parties."[126]
Barack Obama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What do you know, 2 welfare Presidents won twice in a row... FDR had to die for the country to get back to healthy or he would have kept running for President 4 terms then 5 then 6.

What do you know, 2 welfare Presidents won twice in a row... FDR had to die for the country to get back to healthy or he would have kept running for President 4 terms then 5 then 6.

FDR had a new vice president in his 4th term you might recall, named Harry S Truman, who not only continued New Deal policies, he enhanced them with Fair Deal, paving the way for Eisenhower to teach America to love golf, since shit was so fucking rosy we called it the GLORY DAYS. Six straight Dem Admins, going from Great Depression, winning the war on two fronts, creating the Atomic Bomb, then the Truman Doctrine on how it was to be used ... ending in the fucking glory days.

Imagine that.

FDR had a new vice president in his 4th term you might recall, named Harry S Truman, who not only continued New Deal policies, he enhanced them with Fair Deal, paving the way for Eisenhower to teach America to love golf, since shit was so fucking rosy we called it the GLORY DAYS. Six straight Dem Admins, going from Great Depression, winning the war on two fronts, creating the Atomic Bomb, then the Truman Doctrine on how it was to be used ... ending in the fucking glory days.

Imagine that.

And of course the repeal of many of FDR's policies, a massive reduction of taxes and spending... Not to mention we now are in the whole for some of the policies created under FDR.

I'm not here to pit a Republican VS a Democrat. I just find it interesting that FDR whose Presidency was 100% utter shirt get's made out as if it was great yet Harding and Coolidge get no respect despite actually pulling the country out of a depression.

We have gone over this ground before, the US had no choice but to grow seeing as it was one of the only countries to NOT be destroyed during WW2... We were by default the go to country for all you needs.

I am going to do something positive and constructive that day.
I am going to work...

Something the Democrat party frowns on I know.
But that's just the way I was raised...

Imagine that.

And of course the repeal of many of FDR's policies, a massive reduction of taxes and spending... Not to mention we now are in the whole for some of the policies created under FDR.

I'm not here to pit a Republican VS a Democrat. I just find it interesting that FDR whose Presidency was 100% utter shirt get's made out as if it was great yet Harding and Coolidge get no respect despite actually pulling the country out of a depression.

We have gone over this ground before, the US had no choice but to grow seeing as it was one of the only countries to NOT be destroyed during WW2... We were by default the go to country for all you needs.

FDR was the greatest president in US history, IMO.

Forum List

Back