Obama to Romney: ‘We have one president at a time'

Thanks

Ah, but Romney was NOT outside the USA, critisizing Obama, which I interpret as the spirit of the "unwritten rule," which certainly makes sense. A candidate that goes outside the border of the USA to critisize a US president would be contemptable.

like Obama did in Berlin?

:link:

Will this do?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-9ry38AhbU]Barack Obama Speech from Berlin, Germany - YouTube[/ame]

Will this do?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-9ry38AhbU]Barack Obama Speech from Berlin, Germany - YouTube[/ame]

The video was 26+ minutes long.

I tried to find one critical remark about the Bush Administration, and couldn't find a single example.

So thanks for trying, but I don't see how this speach could be an example of Obama breaking the "Unwritten Rule."

I wasn't "trying" anything. You asked for a link of the Berlin Speech, I found the video on youtube. Simple stuff really.

Owned.

:D

President Barack Obama scolded Mitt Romney and his campaign late Tuesday for violating the unwritten rule that American politics stops at the water's edge by criticizing him overseas.

"I would point out that we have one president at a time, and one administration at a time," Obama said as he wrapped up a trip to Mexico centered on a summit of the Group of 20 nations.

"And I think traditionally the notion has been America's political differences end at the water's edge," the president told reporters, echoing a message from Republican Sen. Arthur Vandenberg in the 1940s.

( Vandenberg had urged Americans "to unite our official voice at the water's edge" to achieve "maximum authority" against the country's enemies. However, the senator had also affirmed that foreign policy "must be totally debated," though not for partisan gain, but to forge a consensus.)

Top Obama aides bristled recently when an adviser to Romney, Columbia Business School Dean R. Glenn Hubbard, assailed the president's handling of the European financial crisis in the pages of the German business journal Handelsblatt. Asked about Hubbard's piece, which described Obama's policies as "unwise" and charged they "reveal ignorance" of how Europe got into the mess it's in, Obama replied: "With respect to Mr. Romney's advisers, I suggest you go talk to Mr. Romney about his advisers."
Obama to Romney:

:clap2:

Wait you're such a hypocrit, didnt Obama start tying to be President before he was sworn in, He had a seal during the campaign. you lefties will fall for anything.

Barack Obama was upper middle class most of his life. His grandmother was a bank vice president. So suck it sallow you lying poc.

You suck it.

Bitch.

Obama's father left his mother. They were pretty poor and had to go live with his grandmother.

LOL...yeah, they had to go move in with the Rich grandparents..waaa

Yea, the ones in the vacation dream land of Hawaii. Poor little Barry, no wonder he relates so well to poor ghetto children.

Forum List

Back