Obama to make recess apointments?

I bet it will be Obama's fault if their is a failure at one of the departments that have vacant positions right? We are talking about CRITICAL positions that NEED to be filled so if it takes recess appointments to keep these CRITICAL departments running then so be it.

See how well he set things up?
He is a spinless fraud who found a way to capitalize on losing the super majority....and thus open the door to blaming everyoine but himself and his party.

ANd you and yours continue to stare and say....OBAMA...OBAMA....

Oh I see he is FORCING the Republicans to REFUSE an up/down vote yeah that makes sense. Wow Obama has Jedi MIND CONTROL POWERS.....COOL.

Last edited:
I bet it will be Obama's fault if their is a failure at one of the departments that have vacant positions right? We are talking about CRITICAL positions that NEED to be filled so if it takes recess appointments to keep these CRITICAL departments running then so be it.

See how well he set things up?
He is a spinless fraud who found a way to capitalize on losing the super majority....and thus open the door to blaming everyoine but himself and his party.

ANd you and yours continue to stare and say....OBAMA...OBAMA....

Oh I see he is FORCING the Republicans to REFUSE an up/down vote yeah that makes sense.

I suggest you stop watching MSNBC and get the real story.
You are embarrassing yourself.
Hell...you are embarrassing America.

Here, watch how when Bush was POTUS Reid wanted to keep the senate in continious seccesion, and now he fully supports Obama making recess appointments!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61BQmQNmjFo]YouTube - The Senates plan to keep Bush from making recess appointments[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMrKM8vednI]YouTube - Reid And Obama Threaten Recess Appointments[/ame]

WTG Barry, change we can believe in!

No more politics as usual!

And that old chesnut, 'do as I say, not as I do.'

Rules allow for it, but back in the day when the rules were made, congress only met from January till May. It was an important tool in getting things done when congress was out of town.

these days, not such a good idea, but still within the rules.

There are drawbacks to these things though.

Clinton had good reason, he had to deal with an opposition congress 6 out of his eight years.

and Bush's majorities were always razor thin.

What 0bama's excuse is, I don't know.

that one republican senator that is holding up all appointments I would assume.

Yes, lots of recess appointments, please. It's the only way Obama will get them done, considering the cons will vote no on anything and everything he proposes.
Shelby put an end to his blackmail once his party told him to.

Yes, lots of recess appointments, please. It's the only way Obama will get them done, considering the cons will vote no on anything and everything he proposes.
Shelby put an end to his blackmail once his party told him to.
"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss."

Change we don't believe in.

OH REALLY!!! We are not talking about a FEW appointments we are talking about ALL of them. You answer is a LIE!
Don't be an imbecile, even the Dems don't like most of the picks, they had a year to confirm them with a rubberstamp congress and couldn't do it.

OH REALLY!!! We are not talking about a FEW appointments we are talking about ALL of them. You answer is a LIE!
Don't be an imbecile, even the Dems don't like most of the picks, they had a year to confirm them with a rubberstamp congress and couldn't do it.

If the Dems don't like them then why not allow an UP/DOWN vote. Your logic is FATALLY FLAWED!

If the Dems don't like them then why not allow an UP/DOWN vote. Your logic is FATALLY FLAWED!

Were UP/DOWN votes important to you when Bush was trying to get federal judges appointed or is this some new experience for you?

You have no 'logic' as the Dems could have called for a vote anytime they chose.

Try and think before posting again.

You have no 'logic' as the Dems could have called for a vote anytime they chose.

Try and think before posting again.

I have not noticed that thinking is a requirement to post here.

Forum List

Back