Obama to lose Illinois?

Romney, on the other hand, will lose both of his home states. Oh, and he'll lose another 271+ electoral votes. Because in a line of batshit crazy candidates from Bachmann to Perry to Cain, he was the best of a bunch of awful choices. The Tea Party will cost the R's the election.

I think you are way off base. Conservatives are energized like I've never seen before. It's like 2010 writ larger.

On the flip side, I sense a helluva lot of insecurity and not a lot of enthusiasm coming from Democrats. Serious democrats know that there is a very good possibility that Obama loses this election (take solace- even if he loses he'll still most likely win Illinois!). We won't have to guess any more in about 80 days....DOH!BAMA has his work cut out for him!

:clap2::clap2:

I agree. I've never seen the level of interest and determination among average people as I see this time. And rightfully. Every election we're assured "this is the most important one in our generation." This time it's true. We have a very stark choice between two completely different views of government. And we have a record of "achievement" by the Obama Administration unmatched in history. The Left has turned on the guy. The black leadership is unhappy with him. The media isn't really thrilled anymore. All they have is "well Romney would be worse."
No, we still have the conventions and debates ahead of us. The debates especially will highlight Obama's failures as well as his lack of character and sleazy attacks. Again, shaping up to be 1980 all over again. And btw, the polls in 1980 showed a close race right until they didnt.

Romney, on the other hand, will lose both of his home states. Oh, and he'll lose another 271+ electoral votes. Because in a line of batshit crazy candidates from Bachmann to Perry to Cain, he was the best of a bunch of awful choices. The Tea Party will cost the R's the election.

I think you are way off base. Conservatives are energized like I've never seen before. It's like 2010 writ larger.

On the flip side, I sense a helluva lot of insecurity and not a lot of enthusiasm coming from Democrats. Serious democrats know that there is a very good possibility that Obama loses this election (take solace- even if he loses he'll still most likely win Illinois!). We won't have to guess any more in about 80 days....DOH!BAMA has his work cut out for him!

:clap2::clap2:

I agree. I've never seen the level of interest and determination among average people as I see this time. And rightfully. Every election we're assured "this is the most important one in our generation." This time it's true. We have a very stark choice between two completely different views of government. And we have a record of "achievement" by the Obama Administration unmatched in history. The Left has turned on the guy. The black leadership is unhappy with him. The media isn't really thrilled anymore. All they have is "well Romney would be worse."
No, we still have the conventions and debates ahead of us. The debates especially will highlight Obama's failures as well as his lack of character and sleazy attacks. Again, shaping up to be 1980 all over again. And btw, the polls in 1980 showed a close race right until they didnt.

Consider yourself quoted.

Again, 1980, you had a third party candidate who was polling up to 17% before he settled in at 6%.

And the polling companies have fixed the problem... they've called every race since 1980 pretty much on the money.

Again, 1980, you had a third party candidate who was polling up to 17% before he settled in at 6%.

And the polling companies have fixed the problem... they've called every race since 1980 pretty much on the money.

As both President Gore and President Kerry can attest to.....

Bush led Kerry from August 24th to election day in the polls. He was estimated to win by 1.5% in the RCP average.

Most polls had Bush very narrowly defeating Gore.

Shock poll: Obama could lose Illinois | The Daily Caller

'In the city of Chicago itself, he retains a 60-29 lead over Romney. But the Republican challenger leads 45-38 in the surrounding areas. Across the county as a whole, Romney leads 43-31 among independent voters, a crucial voting bloc. Romney also holds a 44-38 lead among male voters, and a 53-40 lead among white voters.'

I think it is highly possible. Illinois is mostly a red state except for Crook County/Chicago..

I wouldn't be shocked if he lost Illinois. I had him as a lock until he started saying stupid shit like "you didn't build this" and his position on gay marriage.... Those two issues certainly lost him several votes...

IMO, I think its those who aren't voting who did vote Obama last time that will hurt him the most..

You'll have to excuse Joe. H eimagines reality a lot.

The problem is Joe really believes his BS. But he has a tendency to hold on to debunked beliefs.

Shock poll: Obama could lose Illinois | The Daily Caller

'In the city of Chicago itself, he retains a 60-29 lead over Romney. But the Republican challenger leads 45-38 in the surrounding areas. Across the county as a whole, Romney leads 43-31 among independent voters, a crucial voting bloc. Romney also holds a 44-38 lead among male voters, and a 53-40 lead among white voters.'

This Chicagoan isn't voting for him!

It's interesting because is 2008 it was taboo to say anything bad about him, have antiObama bumper stickers (heck even a McCain bumper sticker was taboo) etc. Fast-forward to 2012 and you see antiObama bumper stickers EVERYWHERE they well outnumber the proObama bumper stickers!

I think it is highly possible. Illinois is mostly a red state except for Crook County/Chicago..

However, most of the population is in Crook County.

I wouldn't be shocked if he lost Illinois. I had him as a lock until he started saying stupid shit like "you didn't build this" and his position on gay marriage.... Those two issues certainly lost him several votes...

IMO, I think its those who aren't voting who did vote Obama last time that will hurt him the most..

As previously noted, Rahm has a 122% voter turnout of the city, with all votes for the Messiah®. Ballot boxes are pre-stuffed and just waiting on election day.

Forum List

Back