Obama to lose Illinois?

If you had huge turnout in the rest of Illinois, then I can see how Obama could lose there. I think the Illinois Republican party should put out a massive ground game.

Imagine the prospect of a candidate losing his home state(s). That would be immensely embarrassing, right? If a candidate lost the state(s) where people know him the best?

Algore lost his home state...

I know! And that was embarrassing, right?

Losing one's home state makes you worse than Walter Mondale. Right? amiright?

What if you lost both your home state and your adopted home state, kinda like Obama losing Hawaii and Illinois. The places where he is best known. That would be doubly embarrassing, right?

As usual In Illinois it'll come down to which side gets out the vote. The city and much of Cook County is a given for Barry. After that it's how strong the opposition will be in the collar counties and downstate.

I'd normally give the nod to the Dems but this might not be a normal year with all the national talk about the economy, jobs, BIG spending, deficits, etc., all of which echo loudly in a state that's a microcosm of all such negative stuff. So maybe Dems will realize it's time to jump ship or just not show up on Nov. 6.

Was pleased to read last week how miffed a lot of Illinois union stooges are with Dem Gov. Quinn. A rift between Dems and unions is always a good thing.

Imagine the prospect of a candidate losing his home state(s). That would be immensely embarrassing, right? If a candidate lost the state(s) where people know him the best?

Algore lost his home state...

I know! And that was embarrassing, right?
Most libs I encounter don't think so...

Losing one's home state makes you worse than Walter Mondale. Right? amiright?
Sorry, I'm in the "meh" column....

What if you lost both your home state and your adopted home state, kinda like Obama losing Hawaii and Illinois. The places where he is best known. That would be doubly embarrassing, right?
"If if's and but's were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas." -Sheldon Cooper

Ask Al Gore. He can tell you all about it. ( Sorry Dr.House, I didn't read the thread before I posted )

Ask Al Gore. He can tell you all about it. ( Sorry Dr.House, I didn't read the thread before I posted )

I know! How embarrassing, right? Imagine how bad a candidate has to be to lose his home state(s), where people know him best! That's part of what made Gore a political loser.

Forum List

Back