Obama to kick Clinton program out the door!!

if they can't use it as it was designed by Clinton who hired 400 people for it, verses the 26000 hired for it in later years, then it should be shut down imho.

I would normally agree, however having seen the intern prpgm.. work up close, I think this was precipitous. They could have set a cap, come to an agreement as to a review process etc. these interns are not paid, some get a living stripend from the grant that their working mgr. has been awarded, some nothing, but this is waving a wand over a prgm. that I think worked.

I don't see this a political ( aside form the union thing which I am sure they starting bitching n on day one) even though it may appear and be that way to an extent, according to the link in 09 they hired 26k(?).

I think by 2004 they hired 26k a year, by 2009 it was 100,000....

I could care less about how the union sees this...

I don't think the government should hire ANY ONE at this point....we need to be looking forward, and thinking about how to REDUCE the government employees and run in the future with far fewer employees.....and NOT give the impression to all these interns that the government is where they should be working...they should get their experience in the private sector...where they eventually, should be working.

if they can't use it as it was designed by Clinton who hired 400 people for it, verses the 26000 hired for it in later years, then it should be shut down imho.

I would normally agree, however having seen the intern prpgm.. work up close, I think this was precipitous. They could have set a cap, come to an agreement as to a review process etc. these interns are not paid, some get a living stripend from the grant that their working mgr. has been awarded, some nothing, but this is waving a wand over a prgm. that I think worked.

I don't see this a political ( aside form the union thing which I am sure they starting bitching n on day one) even though it may appear and be that way to an extent, according to the link in 09 they hired 26k(?).

I don't think the government should hire ANY ONE at this point....we need to be looking forward, and thinking about how to REDUCE the government employees and run in the future with far fewer employees.....and NOT give the impression to all these interns that the government is where they should be working...they should get their experience in the private sector...where they eventually, should be working.

Well, that's a nice thought and all. But in fact the government does need to hire people. Albeit it needs to hire fewer people, but there are positions that come open and need filling. Why not fill them with qualified people who will do a good job, rather than union-approved thugs who will be a drain?

welcome to the conservative side of the political spectrum
;)

Forum List

Back