Obama to GOP: Restore Jobless Benefits -- what a baffoon!

The Infidel

EVIL CONSERVATIVE
May 19, 2010
AMERITOPIA
News Headlines

Published: Monday, 19 Jul 2010 | 11:32 AM ET
By: AP (with my own comments added)
President Barack Obama took aim at Republican lawmakers Monday, accusing them of holding the public hostage to Washington politics by blocking extended unemployment benefits for millions of out of work Americans.

"It's time to do what's right, not for the next election, but for the middle class," Obama said in a presidential jawboning statement in the Rose Garden Monday morning.

If thats the case Mr Obama, then why are you trying to destroy the middle class?

Lawmakers have battled for weeks over legislation extending unemployment benefits to workers who have been out of a job for long stretches of time. The last such extension expired at the end of May, leaving some 2.5 million people without benefits.

The Senate is set to take up the measure again Tuesday, immediately following the swearing in of a replacement for the late Sen. Robert Byrd. Filling that seat will give Democrats the 60 votes they need to block a Republican filibuster.

Republicans dont have the balls to filibuster anything these days

Obama's argument has become a familiar one, as Democrats try to use the Republican blockade of unemployment benefits as a wedge issue heading into the November midterm elections.

Thats the only reason why Dems care about this.... so they can use it as a tool. They dont give a rats ass about us out here in the real world (not the Mtv version)

On Monday, he sought to cast his Republican opponents as hypocritical for having voted for extensions of unemployment benefits when his Republican predecessor, President George W. Bush, was in the White House, but not now. He accused Republican leaders of subscribing to what he called a misguided notion that providing unemployment aid to people lowers their incentive to look hard for a job.

It does lower the incentive...(on some, not all) I know a bunch of folks who were happy taking the gov't check. When it got close to running out... they ran out and mysteriously found a job. Go figure :eusa_whistle:
And.... I was against it when GW did it too.

"That attitude, I think, reflects a lack of faith in the American people," Obama said.

Since when do you have faith in us Mr Obama? You lying sack of crap!

The president said that the out-of-work people he hears from are "not looking for a handout. They desperately want to work. Just not right now, they can't find a job."

Hmmm... I wonder why they cant find a job.
Could it be because buisinesses are deathly afraid of what YOU and your ilk may do to them next year??????

"These are honest, decent, hardworking folks who have fallen on hard times through no fault of their own."
Ummmm duuuhhhhh....
The $34 billion needed to extend benefits would be borrowed, adding to the nation's mounting debt. Republicans have tapped into the public's anger and concern over the national debt, saying they would support extending jobless benefits only if the bill was paid for.

What the heck ever happened to "PAY - GO" ???? The dems agreed to not making anymore entitlements unless they cut something first in order to pay for it.
(Under the PAYGO rules a new proposal must either be "budget neutral" or offset with savings derived from existing funds.)

"Everyone agrees on extending the additional unemployment insurance, but the Democrat way is to insist we add it to the national debt at the same time, while blocking Republican efforts to pass the same extension without the debt," said Don Stewart, spokesman for Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky.

"Everyone agrees on extending the additional unemployment insurance, but the Democrat way is to insist we add it to the national debt at the same time, while blocking Republican efforts to pass the same extension without the debt," said Don Stewart, spokesman for Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky.

No, Mr. Stewart, everyone does NOT agree on extending unemployment insurance or the dickheads on your side of the aisle wouldn't be holding it up.

Btw, the OP didn't include Boner's response:

“The President knows that Republicans support extending unemployment insurance, and doing it in a fiscally-responsible way by cutting spending elsewhere in the $3 trillion federal budget," said House Minority Leader John Boehner.

No, asshole, the President does NOT know you GOoPers support that. That's why he's publicly calling you guys out for not exending it.

Btw, isn't it nice to see the Prez go on the offensive again and make GOP leadership assume a crouching defensive position?

I sure thought so.

:D

Last edited:
The Repubs had themselves two wars, failed both of them, and reduced taxes at the same time. So now they want to keep those tax breaks for the wealthy, 600 billion for people that have never missed a meal, and cut the unemployment for the middle class and working poor, when there are no jobs.

I really think that we should re-institute the taxes that were in place after WW2, until the cost of those two wars are paid for.

The Repubs had themselves two wars, failed both of them, and reduced taxes at the same time. So now they want to keep those tax breaks for the wealthy, 600 billion for people that have never missed a meal, and cut the unemployment for the middle class and working poor, when there are no jobs.

I really think that we should re-institute the taxes that were in place after WW2, until the cost of those two wars are paid for.

Worse, we subsidize oil companies to the tune of 35 billion a year enacted under the "Bush/Cheney" energy policy. When that repeal was brought up to the senate, every single Republican voted against it.

We could use that money for "unemployment".

Republicans don't care about the middle class. That much is clear.

http://www.americanprogress.org/issues/2010/07/big_oil_spigot.html

the Senate rejected a proposal to eliminate about $35 billion in tax subsidies to oil companies as millions of gallons of oil spewed into the Gulf of Mexico. Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) proposed using these funds to reduce the deficit and fund state energy efficiency programs. The Sanders plan to close these loopholes lost by a vote of 35-61, with every Republican voting against it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Or we could cut taxes and cut wasteful spending and let people create their own jobs without worrying about the government taking their hard earned money.

But for some reason cutting the budget is so taboo. I mean. Why on earth would it make sense to actually pay down our debt and not incurr more of it. I mean seriously, we should just borrow and spend like we have no tomorrow. Ironically, if we keep doing that we will have no tomorrow.

How many times does history need to repeat itself before we actually learn from it?

Dear OP, buffoon is spelled BU , not BA. Rule number 1. If you're going to call others stupid, idiots, buffoons etc etc, make sure you use correct grammar and spelling when doing so.

Unless of course you meant to call him a baboon? In which case you also misspelled that.

Or we could cut taxes and cut wasteful spending and let people create their own jobs without worrying about the government taking their hard earned money.

But for some reason cutting the budget is so taboo. I mean. Why on earth would it make sense to actually pay down our debt and not incurr more of it. I mean seriously, we should just borrow and spend like we have no tomorrow. Ironically, if we keep doing that we will have no tomorrow.

How many times does history need to repeat itself before we actually learn from it?

So you're saying we should cut defense spending? Leave Iraq and Afghanistan? We should stop paying subsidies to oil companies? Repeal the Republican drug give a way plan for votes that cost 1.3 trillion.

In fact, what about these insurance companies? With their hefty increases in rates? What are they even paying for? Better doctors? Or richer CEOs?

In fact, if rich people want to live here, let them contribute. Why should they get enormous tax breaks?

I had a garden once. I found that if I tended it, helped it, nurtured it, the more I put in, the more I got back.

Republicans just want to take. Fuck the garden.

So you're saying we should cut defense spending? Leave Iraq and Afghanistan? We should stop paying subsidies to oil companies? Repeal the Republican drug give a way plan for votes that cost 1.3 trillion.

In fact, what about these insurance companies? With their hefty increases in rates? What are they even paying for? Better doctors? Or richer CEOs?

In fact, if rich people want to live here, let them contribute. Why should they get enormous tax breaks?

I had a garden once. I found that if I tended it, helped it, nurtured it, the more I put in, the more I got back.

Yah , I'm gonna say that most of those who take without putting anything into the system are in fact Dems.

Nice try though.

I'm sayin we have all that unspent stimulus money sitting there.

Pay and go with that to extend benefits. I do believe thats what the Reps are talking about.

Wonder why the Dems don't wanna spend that money on something they are pushing with all their righteous might???

Pay and go. You betcha!! LOL

Excellent idea.

Let's start this excellent policy by cutting out about half the budget of the DoDm shall we?

And while we're at it, let's abort HSA entirely.

We declared war on history a long long time ago.

The last think the masters want is a people who understand that where we are now is resulting from what THEY did then.

Last edited:

Now why would you go and want to ruin the run of idiocy we had going?
(sarcasm)
Good point, but it makes too much sense.

Dear OP, buffoon is spelled BU , not BA. Rule number 1. If you're going to call others stupid, idiots, buffoons etc etc, make sure you use correct grammar and spelling when doing so.

Unless of course you meant to call him a baboon? In which case you also misspelled that.

Is that all you have? A mispelled word???? Give me a break :eusa_eh:

You whole point is so flawed I dont know where to begin :doubt:
The rich pay most of the taxes in America.... because they create things and make money in the process... lots of it too... Stop whining that they have all the money and get off your ass and go make some of your own.
Sounds to me like you are jealous their "garden" is bigger than yours and you want some of their "fruits" all to yourself.

I cant remember the last time I was employed by a poor person :confused: Ive been looking for anyone who is employed by a poor person... anyone????

"Republicans just want to take. Fuck the garden"

If you look around you and pay some attention. The progressive liberals on the left are the ones taking and taking... They keep taking more of my money thru beaurocratic red tape, higher taxes, and wasteful spending. They keep taking more of my GOD given rights. The keep wiping their asses with my beloved Constitution.... I could go on and on. :evil:

So.... :anj_stfu:

No, Mr. Stewart, everyone does NOT agree on extending unemployment insurance or the dickheads on your side of the aisle wouldn't be holding it up.

Btw, the OP didn't include Boner's response:

“The President knows that Republicans support extending unemployment insurance, and doing it in a fiscally-responsible way by cutting spending elsewhere in the $3 trillion federal budget," said House Minority Leader John Boehner.

No, asshole, the President does NOT know you GOoPers support that. That's why he's publicly calling you guys out for not exending it.

Your line in bold....

For 2 weeks I have been completely aware that this was the stance of the GOP. I have seen it and herad it on C-span debates; I have read it in GOP press releases...I have heard it said numerous times during TV interviews of GOP congresspeople.

So why is it that Obama is not aware of it?

If the Republicans cared about the deficit, they wouldn't be supporting keeping the Bush tax cuts. Plain and simple.

So.. let's seee..... if we spend a trillion $$ then enemployment will noyt go above 8%, now he's running around with unemployed people at his side claiming they haven't been able to find a job in 2 years.

Couple that with him now arguing that Obamacare is essentially a tax.... even though it wasn't going to be a tax.

Forum List

Back