Obama to Force Kids to Serve the Community

forced volunteerism is a polarity, it is not volunteerism if it is forced.

Oh, for God's sake. You cons are really that upset about community service?

The thing is, I almost always assume Con is lying when they post something like this. Its usually a good assumption.

It took me three minutes on google to see that this is a voluntary, goal and performance based plan.

Obama will give credits and money to schools that want to establish community service programs.

If you live in a school district that doesn't want kids learning about community service, then turn down the money. No one is forcing you to take it. You have school boards you elect. Excercise your right, and demand your school turn down the community service federal grants.

The thing is, I almost always assume Con is lying when they post something like this. Its usually a good assumption.

It took me three minutes on google to see that this is a voluntary, goal and performance based plan.

Obama will give credits and money to schools that want to establish community service programs.

If you live in a school district that doesn't want kids learning about community service, then turn down the money. No one is forcing you to take it. You have school boards you elect. Excercise your right, and demand your school turn down the community service federal grants.

So the school that WANTS to force or require students to do this.. free money for the school, and it is the parents and the students that get hit with the burden.... as stated, there are many where this is not something they can fit into their schedule and responsibilities... if this were something where the kids and parents that WANTED to participate get some benefit from it (as stated, recognition at graduation, something to put on college applications stating the voluntary service, etc) all well and great.... but to make this service a requirements, is ridiculous

To whom? My two nieces were home schooled, and there were some state requirements but no federal ones.

state requirements for fees, and if paid then its all good, no forced community service, Im fine with that.

no, cons are not worried about community service per se, but it should be voluntary.....

speaking of service, explain to why an overwhelming majority of cons populate the ultimate community service, the Armed Forces....

KGB,

don't you kow only idiots joint he military, at least according to John Kerry

no, cons are not worried about community service per se, but it should be voluntary.....

speaking of service, explain to why an overwhelming majority of cons populate the ultimate community service, the Armed Forces....

cause liberals don't believe in keeping America safe except through lip service and kissing ass.

So the school that WANTS to force or require students to do this.. free money for the school, and it is the parents and the students that get hit with the burden.... as stated, there are many where this is not something they can fit into their schedule and responsibilities... if this were something where the kids and parents that WANTED to participate get some benefit from it (as stated, recognition at graduation, something to put on college applications stating the voluntary service, etc) all well and great.... but to make this service a requirements, is ridiculous

You elect your local school board members.

Tell them you don't want a community service program. Tell them to turn down the federal grants to establish it. That's your right and your choice. Obama is not forcing your school district to accept federal grants to establish community service education. Your school board could not accept the money. Its up to you, the other parents in your school district, and the board members you elect.

Your school board probably requires physical education classes. You could tell them to get rid of those requirements too.

I agree with you. Single parents who have kids that work jobs and contribute to the family in domestic responsiblities plus the hours of homework it takes to keep straight A's. If the parent can pay the fees, it is more beneficial in a time management lifestyle to be self reliant and less dependant on the government. So why should they additionally be required to do 100 hours of service?

Tell them you don't want a community service program. Tell them to turn down the federal grants to establish it. That's your right and your choice. Obama is not forcing your school district to accept federal grants to establish community service education. Your school board could not accept the money. Its up to you, the other parents in your school district, and the board members you elect.

Your school board probably requires physical education classes. You could tell them to get rid of those requirements too.

Hmmm... but those physical education classes are DURING FUCKING SCHOOL... part of the school day... you don't see them requiring you to take your kids to the local track and force them to run for 100 hours a goddamn school year.. and funny, certain kids have those things waived because of restrictions and limitations.. and not all families have the luxury of having a kid volunteer X number of hours and do what it takes to ensure they get there and do it

It is not up to any school board or extreme leftist president to say what is a priority for your kids outside of school hours... if you deem it right for your kids to work, you do so... if you deem it right that your kid participates in volunteer services, you do so.... if you deem it ok that they eat cheetos and masturbate to posters of Hannah Montana, that's your right... if you deem it right that they participate in martial arts programs, you do so...

Again... a nation of freedoms... not forced servitude to fit your cause

I'm just dying laughing at these "libertarians" that apparently think high school kids have no self motivation and are too lame to do any sort of volunteer work that doesn't involve mommy or daddy bringing them their binky and driving them somewhere. They can work in the school office and walk home or take the bus. pssst...there are rumors that some high school kids even know how to drive!

What a nation of wusses we've become.

I'm just dying laughing at these "libertarians" that apparently think high school kids have no self motivation and are too lame to do any sort of volunteer work that doesn't involve mommy or daddy bringing them their binky and driving them somewhere. They can work in the school office and walk home or take the bus. pssst...there are rumors that some high school kids even know how to drive!

And Middle Schoolers... I think the police would have something about them driving... and parents having a problem with them going somewhere on their own to do forced service

And as stated... if the kids would CHOOSE to do service in HS as a benefit, something to put on their college application, receiving a couple elective credits as a result of their efforts... all well and fine... but to MANDATE it is a whole other story

That's what the government does. Hold out a bribe abd say if you take my money you have to do what I say. Education used to be the state's responsibility but now the federal government takes too much of our money and then hits us over the head with it.

And I don't care if someone volunteers< I just don't want tpo be told that I am going to volunteer.

They can choose what kind of community service they perform. Tutoring someone else actually reinforces what they've already learned. Helping build a house gives them other skills...

You know what? Kids can also get a job to teach them all that AND get a paycheck that comes with the added bonus of teaching kids you get more money for a job well done than for doing forced labor as a "volunteer"

LOL

I think the moral of the story is that either Republicans hate community service, or their party is so bankrupt and bereft of any ideas or inspiration, that posting threads about the "horrors" of 13 year old kids doing a few hours of community service is their idea of "sticking" it to Obama.

Once again, you libs are the smartest people in the world yet you can't understand the real issue in this thread.... :clap2: You guys really are brilliant!

The bottom line is this is what Obama has to offer the country... Community Organization.

Since they are getting a free education, I really don't see a problem with requiring them to be responsible.

Free education?????????? Who the hell do you think pays for the public schools? A magic money tree??????

kids drive!?

seriously, my school system already has community service hours as a requirement for graduation and i think it's a good thing.

Forum List

Back