Obama to Force Kids to Serve the Community

Schools already require community service to people who can't afford the school fees and school lunches. People who can afford to pay the fees aren't required to do Community Service. The point is everyone should not be required to do community service the option of paying the fees if you can afford it should still be there.

okay, you sold me, I will do the community service and not pay the fee!

Schools already require community service to people who can't afford the school fees and school lunches. People who can afford to pay the fees aren't required to do Community Service. The point is everyone should not be required to do community service the option of paying the fees if you can afford it should still be there.
In Florida, you are required to do it to graduate. Now the kids even have to start picking a freaking major in high school...this is all the result of the Republicans having a chokehold on our state for so many years. But I actually think the community service requirement is a great thing. Learning about how the community works has a place in education. This year my daughter is being a big sister to a elementary school child for a horrific 1 1/2 hours a week.

In Florida, you are required to do it to graduate. Now the kids even have to start picking a freaking major in high school...this is all the result of the Republicans having a chokehold on our state for so many years. But I actually think the community service requirement is a great thing. Learning about how the community works has a place in education. This year my daughter is being a big sister to a elementary school child

for a horrific 1 1/2 hours a week.

LOL

I think the moral of the story is that either Republicans hate community service, or their party is so bankrupt and bereft of any ideas or inspiration, that posting threads about the "horrors" of 13 year old kids doing a few hours of community service is their idea of "sticking" it to Obama.

okay, you sold me, I will do the community service and not pay the fee!

Im ok with that, out here the middle school fees were $70.00 or under the Obama plan 50 hours community service, and The high school fees were $140.00 or 100 hours Community Service. If you can't afford those fees and choose the community service I can support that. But If I can afford those fees there should be no Requirement for the Community Service.

LOL

I think the moral of the story is that either Republicans hate community service, or their party is so bankrupt and bereft of any ideas or inspiration, that posting threads about the "horrors" of 13 year old kids doing a few hours of community service is their idea of "sticking" it to Obama.

Hmmm.. not what I am hearing from any REP on here... but nice try... leave it to a libby to try and distort the truth to their agenda

Oh, the horror!!!!

"Calling on", and "encouraging" americans to serve their communities.

It doesn't say anything about "forcing" them. Do you enjoy lying?

What is it with you republicans? People should be encouraged to serve their communities, and if Obama wants to give them college scholarship money if they agree to do so, that sounds emminently sensible to me.

Why don't you republicans want to serve your country and community?

re-read the sentence above where it says the word "require".......

There's always private school or home school.

Both better choices than public school. Kids that are home schooled have a funny way of being years ahead of their public school counterparts. Vouchers anyone?

But seriously, instead of forcing kids to pick up trash or wipe some old lady's ass in a nursing home for free, why not teach them how to oh i don't know to read or write at better than an 8th grade level.

There's always private school or home school.

If your required to do community service in order to graduate that would be required no matter what avenue you choose for education because they can withhold your transcripts until you meet the federal requirements. rather then paying the fees as an alternative option.

Both better choices than public school. Kids that are home schooled have a funny way of being years ahead of their public school counterparts. Vouchers anyone?

But seriously, instead of forcing kids to pick up trash or wipe some old lady's ass in a nursing home for free, why not teach them how to oh i don't know to read or write at better than an 8th grade level.
They can choose what kind of community service they perform. Tutoring someone else actually reinforces what they've already learned. Helping build a house gives them other skills...

If your required to do community service in order to graduate that would be required no matter what avenue you choose for education because they can withhold your transcripts until you meet the federal requirements. rather then paying the fees as an alternative option.
No, it doesn't work that way. Homeschooling and private schooling doesn't get federal funding.

They can choose what kind of community service they perform. Tutoring someone else actually reinforces what they've already learned. Helping build a house gives them other skills...

All true & noble, as a volunteering service.

No, it doesn't work that way. Homeschooling and private schooling doesn't get federal funding.

There are fees, my nephew was homeschooled and in order to graduate there were fees to pay.

Since they are getting a free education, I really don't see a problem with requiring them to be responsible.

Property taxes pay into the school system and the fees I pay cover all additional school fees, its not exactly free.

LOL

what's funny as hell is if a Republican required anything of anybody it would be construced as removing civil liberties or at the very least racist.. that's what's funny!! :eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back