Obama to Cut 131 Million Dollars from Embassy Security (Just Wow)

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Obama to Cut 131 Million Dollars from Embassy Security | FrontPage Magazine

Front Page Magazine ^ | 9/16/2012

You have to give Obama credit, this is a man who knows how to deal with a crisis. Some nut like Mitt Romney would run around shooting Muslims from the hip, but Obama meets with his advisers and dutifully studies ways to make each and every crisis that much worse. Because that’s what good government is.

Obama’s Sequestration Plan Would Cut $1.084 Billion From The State Department’s Diplomatic And Consular Program, Including $2 Million For The Protection Of Foreign Missions And Officials, And $129 Million For Embassy Security, Construction, And Maintenance. (“OMB Report Pursuant To The Sequestration Transparency Act Of 2012,” Office Of Management And Budget, pp. 135-136, 9/14/12)

Err what do embassies need security for anyway? What are the real odds of a bunch of Muslim Jihadists deciding to carry out a series of embassy attacks timed with September 11? Also who needs 20,000 Marines, let’s cut that money and put it into Solyandra and free condoms for Catholic schools.

But that’s okay. Stop looking at the negative and focus on the positive.

I know the images on our televisions are disturbing. But let us never forget that for every angry mob, there are millions who yearn for the freedom, and dignity, and hope that our flag represents. That is the cause of America – the ideals that took root in our founding; the opportunity that drew so many to our shores; and the awesome progress that we have promoted all across the globe.

There’s a silver lining for every cloud. For every Muslim who is burning an American embassy, there’s a Muslim yearning to move to America and bomb our bars, planes and Christmas tree lighting events.

Who needs security anyway?

Can someone please impeach and arrest Barack Obama? WTF???:mad:

So what? ALL levels of govt are making cuts. No one is exempt. NOTHING can be off the table. Thats what right wingers have preached for four years now. Not the cops. Not the firemen. Not the teachers. NOT the military or federal law enforcement. Not embassies. If they dont like their jobs, quit and get a private sector job like the rest of us, right?

Govt is too big. Thats what we've been told. Obama downsized some govt. That should be a GOOD thing, right?

WOW, talk about tone deaf. This guy is a bumbling moron.

Well Bucs it should be, but in light of recent events, that's a bad thing unless is lowering the pay or moron ambassadors than I'm ok with it.

Last edited:
So what? ALL levels of govt are making cuts. No one is exempt. NOTHING can be off the table. Thats what right wingers have preached for four years now. Not the cops. Not the firemen. Not the teachers. NOT the military or federal law enforcement. Not embassies. If they dont like their jobs, quit and get a private sector job like the rest of us, right?

Govt is too big. Thats what we've been told. Obama downsized some govt. That should be a GOOD thing, right?

And will you quit whining about police. Conservatives think police should get more money, since it's a dangerous occupation and less red tape to kick criminal ass if needed, but see the problem is your liberals dont want to cut librarian salaries or school counselors or mayoral friends....er advisors money, so they do the cops, get mad at your local government, not us.

And will you quit whining about police. Conservatives think police should get more money, since it's a dangerous occupation and less red tape to kick criminal ass if needed, but see the problem is your liberals dont want to cut librarian salaries or school counselors or mayoral friends....er advisors money, so they do the cops, get mad at your local government, not us.

I am mad at my local govt. And they're all Republicans who do not support their cops. At the city, county and state levels. Which is why I'm voting straight Dem, out of spite. I believed the BS from the GOP about how they "support law enforcement". Yes, they support enforcement of laws...their laws especially. NOT to be confused with supporting law enforcement officers, however. They do not. IT's all talk. Their actions have spoken their true view.

You have to give Obama credit, this is a man who knows how to deal with a crisis. Some nut like Mitt Romney would run around shooting Muslims from the hip, but Obama meets with his advisers and dutifully studies ways to make each and every crisis that much worse. Because that’s what good government is.

Obama’s Sequestration Plan Would Cut $1.084 Billion From The State Department’s Diplomatic And Consular Program, Including $2 Million For The Protection Of Foreign Missions And Officials, And $129 Million For Embassy Security, Construction, And Maintenance. (“OMB Report Pursuant To The Sequestration Transparency Act Of 2012,” Office Of Management And Budget, pp. 135-136, 9/14/12)

Err what do embassies need security for anyway? What are the real odds of a bunch of Muslim Jihadists deciding to carry out a series of embassy attacks timed with September 11? Also who needs 20,000 Marines, let’s cut that money and put it into Solyandra and free condoms for Catholic schools.

I know the images on our televisions are disturbing. But let us never forget that for every angry mob, there are millions who yearn for the freedom, and dignity, and hope that our flag represents. That is the cause of America – the ideals that took root in our founding; the opportunity that drew so many to our shores; and the awesome progress that we have promoted all across the globe.

There’s a silver lining for every cloud. For every Muslim who is burning an American embassy, there’s a Muslim yearning to move to America and bomb our bars, planes and Christmas tree lighting events.

Wow. Just wow.

WOW, talk about tone deaf. This guy is a bumbling moron.

Well Bucs it should be, but in light of recent events, that's a bad thing unless is lowering the pay or moron ambassadors than I'm ok with it.

The disingenuousness of the OP is in the fact that the cuts were on the table before these events took place. Due to these recent events, we can pretty much assume that those cuts would now be reconsidered. But of course, we'll run with it anyway, right?

I am mad at my local govt. And they're all Republicans who do not support their cops. At the city, county and state levels. Which is why I'm voting straight Dem, out of spite. I believed the BS from the GOP about how they "support law enforcement". Yes, they support enforcement of laws...their laws especially. NOT to be confused with supporting law enforcement officers, however. They do not. IT's all talk. Their actions have spoken their true view.

Ok man, well the same shit is here in Memphis and it's run all by democrats.
And what city is this?
Also vote out the rinos, get in a mayor that lets the cops beat ass and get paid to take out the trash. I'm sorry you run the cops on a high speed chase, when they get you, you're gonna get an ass kicking.

And so they say they cant cut anything other than cops and fire? Sounds like fucktard city to me. I bet there are a couple of staffers they could get rid of at about $100k per.

You're all a bunch of dupes to run with this knowing all of this was on the table before the attacks on our embassies. Of course, that would now be off the table, but you guys push it out there anyway. God are you all dumb.

You're all a bunch of dupes to run with this knowing all of this was on the table before the attacks on our embassies. Of course, that would now be off the table, but you guys push it out there anyway. God are you all dumb.

You have proof that this is "off the table"??

Yeha, I didn't think so. You really think a few American lives will stop him from forcing his policies on Americans? Americans are just people --- now if they were fish...

Remember when the California farmers begged Obama to come see the damage done to the farming industry because of his plan to rearrange waterways in the region to save the fish?

Americans get hurt but Obama's ideology is enforced!! The new American WAY!

Actually we should close all of our embassies.

Anyone that's an ally has been an ally for a long long time and we don't need go betweens.

Why be diplomatic with muslim run countries? If these vile "people" will murder over a fucking movie, they are not worth being nice to.

The House of Representatives controls the money. Period. Talk to John Boehner.

And it's not Obama's sequestration plan.

Bunch of dopes in this thread.

I love wingnut threads. More fun than watching monkeys throw shit at the zoo.

And I love how you left wing hacks will make ANY excuse for this failure of the president. No matter how many times we prove he is incompetent to be president.. You want him there because you are afraid to lose your food stamps, medicaid, welfare and other services. That is the only reason you want this failure of a president in office because that is his whole agenda is to get ALL Americans on the dole ..

Forum List

Back