Obama to courts: Restore military gay ban now

Then YOU explain to us all why... when the ban on DADT was already lifted by court order, and the training for the lifting was 90% complete... WHY did Obama have the court re-instate DADT, just to turn around and 'certify' the original actions of the court in ending DADT?
I'm still waiting.

You gonna be much-longer??

<tick> <tick> <tick> <tick> <tick> <tick> <tick> <tick>

853.gif

I asked you to explain something... and your response is that you're waiting for something from me... without ever having asked me anything.

You're really not very good at this. You also appear to be incapable of answering the question posed to you.

Then YOU explain to us all why... when the ban on DADT was already lifted by court order, and the training for the lifting was 90% complete... WHY did Obama have the court re-instate DADT, just to turn around and 'certify' the original actions of the court in ending DADT?
I'm still waiting.

You gonna be much-longer??

<tick> <tick> <tick> <tick> <tick> <tick> <tick> <tick>

853.gif

I asked you to explain something... and your response is that you're waiting for something from me... without ever having asked me anything.

You're really not very good at this. You also appear to be incapable of answering the question posed to you.
Don't play stupid. I asked you to show me this timeline you're claiming.

If all you're doing is parroting what Porky Limbaugh is saying....move-along.​

Uhhhhhhhhh.....the fact it's another o' those "conservative" Absolutes?

(....From the South-end of a North-bound pig.)

LimbaughPig.jpg

handjob.gif

303.gif

Let's here YOUR explanation of WHY Obama had to have it re-instated, just to end it again.

This should be good.

It's all Bush's fault.
Absolutely.​

Don't play stupid. I asked you to show me this timeline you're claiming.

If all you're doing is parroting what Porky Limbaugh is saying....move-along.​

Dont BE stupid. Assuming I ever watch that fat blow hard, simply because of the name I post under is exactly that... STUPID.

As for a time line for what I said...

Official: Pentagon set to certify repeal of 'don't ask, don't tell' - CNN.com
In September (that's September 2010) U.S. District Judge Virginia Phillips declared the military's ban to be unconstitutional and demanded the government immediately stop enforcing it.

More Legal Maneuvering in 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Repeal - NYTimes.com
The military wants to be allowed to keep the &#8220;don&#8217;t ask, don&#8217;t tell&#8221; policy in place, at least while it continues the transition to ending it.

On July 6, the Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit ordered the military to end the policy immediately. On July 11, it gave the parties 10 days to explain &#8220;why this case should not be dismissed as moot.&#8221; The court ordered the government to explain whether it was going to defend the constitutionality of the policy...

The government responded on Thursday (July 14th) with its emergency appeal. &#8220;Reconsideration of the panel&#8217;s decision to lift the stay is necessary to protect the careful and deliberate process created by Congress and signed by the President, in which it empowered the military to make key judgments regarding the implementation and timing of repeal,&#8221; the government&#8217;s brief stated...

The court decided on Friday (July 15th) that it would reinstate the stay, sort of, reinstituting the policy but prohibiting &#8220;investigating, penalizing, or discharging anyone from the military&#8221; under the policy.

How Obama's Slow Repeal of 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Defused the Controversy - E. J. Graff - Politics - The Atlantic
Which is surely why the Pentagon "certified," and Obama signed, the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" repeal on Friday at 3:30 pm (that is Firday, July 22nd)

So... the timeline is as follows...

Septmeber 2010, courts delcare DADT unconstitutional, but the military keeps it in place to begin 'training' on it's repeal

July 6th, 2011, court of appeals orders immediate end to DADT

July 11th, the court ordered the government to explain whether it was going to defend the constitutionality of the policy

July 14th, the government files an emergency appeal to keep DADT active.

July 15th, the court re-institutes DADT

July 22nd the Pentagon 'certifies' the repeal of DADT, and Obama signes it.

Obama had it reinstated, just so he could get the credit for ending it, instead of it going down as a court order. If you're too much of a partisan hack to see that, then that's really your problem, not mine.

Forum List

Back