Obama to Congress: I’ll decide what’s constitutional

bigrebnc1775

][][][% NC Sheepdog
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 12, 2010
Kannapolis, N.C.
Well isn't this bold of the dictator?

Election season is here, and you might think President Obama would be going out of his way to show voters that he can be trusted with the powers of the presidency. But you would be wrong. Just a few days before Christmas, Obama served notice to all Americans that he will continue to abuse executive privilege by seeking new ways to vilify gun owners and further his anti-gun agenda.

Congress placed a provision in the $1 trillion omnibus spending bill for 2012 designed to bar the National Institutes of Health (NIH) from using any of its $30.7 billion taxpayer funds to “advocate or promote gun control.” However, upon signing the bill into law, President Obama issued a caveat of his own:

I have advised Congress that I will not construe these provisions as preventing me from fulfilling my constitutional responsibility to recommend to the Congress’s consideration such measures as I shall judge necessary and expedient

Obama to Congress: I'll decide what's constitutional | The Daily Caller
FUCK YOU OBAMA and FUCK the NDAA.
Long live the Republic.

Election season is here, and you might think President Obama would be going out of his way to show voters that he can be trusted with the powers of the presidency. But you would be wrong. Just a few days before Christmas, Obama served notice to all Americans that he will continue to abuse executive privilege by seeking new ways to vilify gun owners and further his anti-gun agenda.

Congress placed a provision in the $1 trillion omnibus spending bill for 2012 designed to bar the National Institutes of Health (NIH) from using any of its $30.7 billion taxpayer funds to “advocate or promote gun control.” However, upon signing the bill into law, President Obama issued a caveat of his own:

I have advised Congress that I will not construe these provisions as preventing me from fulfilling my constitutional responsibility to recommend to the Congress’s consideration such measures as I shall judge necessary and expedient

Long live the Republic.
I guess this isn't important enough to discuss?
I guess we need to discuss newts personal life,or let's just forget that obama signed the NDAA and that he doesn't need congress to start another war.

He is just so benevolent isn't he??? I get he feeling he thinks himself Immortal. God-Like. This Guy taught Constitutional Law? What a waste of time.

Long live the Republic.
What republic ? You mean the land of duh free ? The Dominican Republic ? I agree ! Long live the Dominican Republic !

Long live the Republic.
What republic ? You mean the land of duh free ? The Dominican Republic ? I agree ! Long live the Dominican Republic !

Hey, Obama needs you to hold his dick, while he pee's. :lol:

Long live the Republic.

Hey, Obama needs you to hold his dick, while he pee's. :lol:

Why? He's got Douger to do that.

Actually, part of his job IS to determine what is or is not Constitutional. (That is, it could be a good basis to veto a bill, for example.)

His problem is: he has no fucking clue about what qualifies something as Constitutional or unConstitutional.

He is just so benevolent isn't he??? I get he feeling he thinks himself Immortal. God-Like. This Guy taught Constitutional Law? What a waste of time.

who laced whatever you are smoking?

Jesus on stick you people and your hyperbole.

You want to hold his dick, get in line behind Douger and stop complaining. We've heard it already. :eusa_drool:

Always something with these Totalitarians, never satisfied with the rules. Never satisfied with proportioned power. Want it all, need it all. Will walk over anyone to gain control.

Actually, part of his job IS to determine what is or is not Constitutional. (That is, it could be a good basis to veto a bill, for example.)

His problem is: he has no fucking clue about what qualifies something as Constitutional or unConstitutional.

That's the Courts role, you know that. He can Veto Anything he doesn't like, just because he doesn't agree with it. That is within his power. His Power is mostly Executive, Commander in Chief, and Presidential Order. For Each, he is accountable. Here, he is putting himself above the Court and many times over, Due Process and Oversight. He has decreed that the Rule of Law is what he says it is. His terms are a fail and a threat.

Sounds like he is not going to let congress dictate policy to the executive branch. I wonder why he would do that?

No it is not his job is to make sure the law of the land is enforced, The Supreme court's job is to make sure what is Constitutional and what isn't.

That's the Courts role, you know that. He can Veto Anything he doesn't like, just because he doesn't agree with it. That is within his power. His Power is mostly Executive, Commander in Chief, and Presidential Order. For Each, he is accountable. Here, he is putting himself above the Court and many times over, Due Process and Oversight. He has decreed that the Rule of Law is what he says it is. His terms are a fail and a threat.

I actually DO disagree.

The COURT's role is what the Constitution SAID the Court's role is, not what the Court (itself) then said their role was.

And there's not one single coherent reason that the President cannot make decisions about what is or is not Constitutional.

For example, if the Congress passes a law that transgresses the separation of powers and invades the proper turf of the Executive, I maintain that the FIRST Constitutional body to pass judgment on that law's Constitutionality (or lack thereof) is not some Court. It is the Executive.

However, I completely AGREE that when he issues a signing statement that "interprets" a prohibition as unconstitutional and then proceeds to DO the very thing that the law (which he has himself signed) forbids, he is not validly interpreting the Constitution anymore. At that point he is simply violating the law.

He is a President not a King or a dictator.

No it is not his job is to make sure the law of the land is enforced, The Supreme court's job is to make sure what is Constitutional and what isn't.

His job is emphatically NOT to enforce laws which violate the Constitution. And I'll be damned if the court is the only body that can pass judgment on that topic.

I do agree that where there exists serious disagreement, the Court has to serve as the final arbiter. But that does not make them the SOLE arbiter. And what THEY say can be changed too, if the rules are followed.

It's his job to direct policy for the cabinet agencies, congress can try to step on his turf but short of drafting a law they have no business dictating policy for these agencies.

New Topics

Forum List

Back