Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says

No, but you obviously have queer problems, just as they did in 1948. My point is, the unit got over it, just as it would if gays were allowed to serve openly.

Actually we don't use the word queer. My step son doesn't appreciate it much. So we stick to gay. You see I don't have a problem with gays, I have a problem with gays serving openly in the military. Can you even see the difference?

you remind me of another poster from another board.

He was not racist? but did not think blacks and whites should marry/breed offspring.

I don't have that problem. I have Mexican, Puerto Ricans, Blacks and Whites in my immediate family. And none of us have problems with any of it. Well actually the Mexican and one Puerto Rican don't get along very well.

Actually we don't use the word queer. My step son doesn't appreciate it much. So we stick to gay. You see I don't have a problem with gays, I have a problem with gays serving openly in the military. Can you even see the difference?

1948: "I don't have a problem with those negros, I have a problem with them serving along side the white man. Can you even see the difference?"

You're not getting Crimson's point, and don't yell, I'm not calling you a racist. I'm giving you an example of what Crimson was talking about. The same things you said now are what were said over 60 years ago. And Crimson was right, the unit got it and it will get over this. They're mature people.

And I know what would have happened to any gay who would have been found in my Unit. I doubt seriously that I could have protected him. And I don't really believe that our NCO's should have this as another problem to worry about. I'm against it and always will be. It is not good for the Unit and not good for moral. Remember I've been there you haven't. But hey I've been retired 16 years, maybe troops have changed that much, but i doubt it.

The bolded part doesn't really fly around here.

Your argument is the same as 1948.

1948: "I don't have a problem with those negros, I have a problem with them serving along side the white man. Can you even see the difference?"

You're not getting Crimson's point, and don't yell, I'm not calling you a racist. I'm giving you an example of what Crimson was talking about. The same things you said now are what were said over 60 years ago. And Crimson was right, the unit got it and it will get over this. They're mature people.

And I know what would have happened to any gay who would have been found in my Unit. I doubt seriously that I could have protected him. And I don't really believe that our NCO's should have this as another problem to worry about. I'm against it and always will be. It is not good for the Unit and not good for moral. Remember I've been there you haven't. But hey I've been retired 16 years, maybe troops have changed that much, but i doubt it.

The "Bolded" part was directed at a young inexperienced college student, it definitely applies.

The "Bolded" part was directed at a young inexperienced college student, it definitely applies.

My age and my being in college has absolutely zero to do with this. Article has been to Iraq for example, going to take a shot at him too Ollie? I didn't want to get into personal insults, but you decided to cross that line and then some.

Want to know what I think? I think you're acting like a bigot and being in self-denial about it. The same argument you pose now was posed by people in 1948 considering African Americans. If we were to listen to your logic back then, whites and blacks would still not serve together today.

Am I young? You damn well bet I am. If I am inexperienced on certain subjects? Probably.

Am I in college? Damn well straight, I'm trying to do something with my life.

However, I know a problem when I see one. You don't need to have served in the military or have to be in your 50's to see injustice.

My age and my being in college has absolutely zero to do with this. Article has been to Iraq for example, going to take a shot at him too Ollie? I didn't want to get into personal insults, but you decided to cross that line and then some.

Want to know what I think? I think you're acting like a bigot and being in self-denial about it. The same argument you pose now was posed by people in 1948 considering African Americans. If we were to listen to your logic back then, whites and blacks would still not serve together today.

Am I young? You damn well bet I am. If I am inexperienced on certain subjects? Probably.

However, I know a problem when I see one. You don't need to have served in the military or have to be in your 50's to see injustice.

I didn't make anything personal son. Slow your ass down. I made a comment directed at you and I stand by it. I would hope you wouldn't take offense at the truth. I did not say there was anything wrong with you being young or in college or even inexperienced. I used that to point out a difference in how we see things.

You want to make it personal we can.

You can go ahead and call me a bigot, I say that my objections to gays serving openly in the military is my opinion based upon my experience. I don't give a damn if you like it or not. Nor do I care what you think about the way I feel. Article has his opinions, you have yours, and I have mine. Live with it.

No one has nor will anyone ever convince me that gays serving openly in the US Army is a good thing.

I don't see it and will always be against it.

And no I do not hate gays, I have a gay step son even. And he knows how I feel about gays in the military and actually agrees with me.

Isn't it great to be able to make up shit on the internet and not be able to be proven wrong.

I didn't make anything personal son. Slow your ass down. I made a comment directed at you and I stand by it. I would hope you wouldn't take offense at the truth. I did not say there was anything wrong with you being young or in college or even inexperienced. I used that to point out a difference in how we see things.

You can go ahead and call me a bigot, I say that my objections to gays serving openly in the military is my opinion based upon my experience. I don't give a damn if you like it or not. Nor do I care what you think about the way I feel. Article has his opinions, you have yours, and I have mine. Live with it.

No no, you made it personal when you directed your argument towards me. When you belittled my opinion because I happen to be in college and young. Me and Crimson are making the same exact argument here. I'm pretty sure Article and I are too.

You may of been trying to point out to show how we have a different opinion, but it came off as arrogant. Live with the fact that if Gays were allowed to openly serve, the unit would man up and move on. Just like they have in the past. And it will happen Ollie, let that be known. It's not a matter of it, but rather when.

No one has nor will anyone ever convince me that gays serving openly in the US Army is a good thing.

And no I do not hate gays, I have a gay step son even. And he knows how I feel about gays in the military and actually agrees with me.

Isn't it great to be able to make up shit on the internet and not be able to be proven wrong.

Are you calling me a liar? Fuck you asshole. I do not lie, I have no reason to lie. You do not know me nor my family. So do me a favor and kindly keep your stupid attacks to yourself. My integrity is one thing i know that no one can take away from me..

Are you calling me a liar? Fuck you asshole. I do not lie, I have no reason to lie. You do not know me nor my family. So do me a favor and kindly keep your stupid attacks to yourself. My integrity is one thing i know that no one can take away from me..

I'm not calling you a liar, I'm just saying I'm not impressed because anyone can say stuff like that on the internet whether they're telling the truth or not.

No no, you made it personal when you directed your argument towards me. When you belittled my opinion because I happen to be in college and young. Me and Crimson are making the same exact argument here. I'm pretty sure Article and I are too.

You may of been trying to point out to show how we have a different opinion, but it came off as arrogant. Live with the fact that if Gays were allowed to openly serve, the unit would man up and move on. Just like they have in the past. And it will happen Ollie, let that be known. It's not a matter of it, but rather when.

I hope you are wrong about that. If They allow gays to openly serve it will cause many more problems than you can think of. And if it is ever accepted it will take a very very long time. Besides that our military certainly doesn't need another headache right now. And I don't care about how many on the board agree with you or how many agree with me. I believe I made it clear that I was speaking my own opinion.

I believe I made it clear that I was speaking my own opinion.

Except you seemed to belittle my opinion because of my age and status. I didn't do that to you. Next time, all I'm saying is you could go without doing that.

Yeah, it still doesn't fly. Make your arguments on merit.

i think this one will pretty much ensure he doesn't have a second term.

View attachment 9337

What's so funny? You don't fuck with something that works just fine in an attempt to make yourself look like you accomplished something when you haven't done shit.

And THIS particular policy sure as fuck isn't broke.
We lost many bright service people, including Arab interpreters, which we need badly.
It costs the US dearly for every one of those who are kicked out of the military.

you're not in college and you're not young

you have created a troll person

"you damn well bet i am"

many of your quips, like this, show you're not who you claim you are.....

you're not in college and you're not young

you have created a troll person

"you damn well bet i am"

many of your quips, like this, show you're not who you claim you are.....

So you're calling me a troll huh? My identity here is just one big lie? Is that your whining excuse now for your bitter meltdown? :lol:

This will go over like a turd in the punchbowl. :doubt:

Washington (CNN) -- President Obama will ask Congress Wednesday night to repeal the military's "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy that bars gays and lesbians from openly serving in the military, White House Senior Adviser David Axelrod told CNN.

The request will be included in the president's State of the Union address, Axelrod said.

The issue has been a source of contention for heavy hitters on both sides of the issue, who are lining up for a fight.

In a message to Pentagon leadership, Gen. John Shalikashvili, former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said it's time to repeal the law.

Obama to call for 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' repeal, adviser says - CNN.com

Hooray! :clap2::clap2::clap2: About time!

Forum List

Back