Obama to call for 5-year spending freeze

There is probably less here than meets the eye. This is the same guy who called for his cabinet to find $100M in cuts. They didnt do it.
The same guy who called for agencies to review regs for cost. That won't happen either.

You ask him to tackle the deficit, he outlines a plan and you hate it. Shocker.

But as the nearby chart shows, Mr. Obama's major contribution to deficits has been a record spending spree. In 2007, before the recession, federal expenditures reached $2.73 trillion. By 2009 expenditures had climbed to $3.52 trillion. In 2009 alone, overall federal spending rose 18%, or $536 billion. Throw in a $65 billion reduction in debt service costs due to low interest rates, and the overall spending increase was 22%.

<snip>

The tragedy is that Mr. Obama's fiscal conversion is coming a year too late, assuming it is now real. If the President and his party really are serious, they can do more than promise a spending freeze after 2012. They can stop spending more now: Drop the health-care bill, cancel the unspent stimulus spending from last year, kill the $150 billion new stimulus that has already passed the House, and bar all repaid bailout cash from being re-spent. Everything else is marketing.

Deficit and Spending Increase Under Obama - WSJ.com

Republicans assured us throughout the campaign that since 2008, federal spending only increased 100B. That's how they claimed 100B in cuts would roll it back to 2008 levels.

As for this proposal - he's already made a 2-yr version of it, months ago. Making it more savings than a single concrete Republican proposal since Eisenhower.

Speaking of this proposal: It's a freeze on non-defense discretionary spending, a miniscule portion of the budget. Until we're prepared to address defense and "nondiscretionary" spending we're just putting nice shades on the windows.
We're not talking about republicans here.

This thread is proof that no matter what Obama does there are just some who will ALWAYS criticize his every move. Pathetic.

If he created a plan to reduce federal spending every year over the next five years I would feel different. But over the last couple years federal spending has exploded to the point where a spending freeze at the current level is near meaningless.

This thread is proof that no matter what Obama does there are just some who will ALWAYS criticize his every move. Pathetic.

If he created a plan to reduce federal spending every year over the next five years I would feel different. But over the last couple years federal spending has exploded to the point where a spending freeze at the current level is near meaningless.

No you wouldn't. You'd still complain that it wasn't a 10 year plan. Let's stop pretending here.

No you wouldn't. You'd still complain that it wasn't a 10 year plan. Let's stop pretending here.

I think you have me confused for a Republican.

I think you have me confused for a Republican.

Haha, perhaps.

There is probably less here than meets the eye. This is the same guy who called for his cabinet to find $100M in cuts. They didnt do it.
The same guy who called for agencies to review regs for cost. That won't happen either.

uhm

Not adding more to the def is not tackling it.

Happens with every president. This one is no different.

Yeah it comes from the extremists who are out of touch with the country. Extremists like the ones who post on this website.

You shouldn't talk about yourself that way.

There's plenty of others that will poke fun at you.

5 years?

5?

He's only POTUS until 2012. Why's he talking about what the next POTUS should be doing? ..... Maybe Soros has told him he can stay if he's a good boy?

Happens with every president. This one is no different.

Yeah it comes from the extremists who are out of touch with the country. Extremists like the ones who post on this website.

Have you notice how the leftwing media started referring to the right as 'extremists' in the wake of the Tuscon tragedy.... it's like a new little catchphrase for them. The borg have received their instructions... and like good little followers, they repeat, parrot fashion whatever word their media instruct them to use. I think that's cute. It's like the traditional method of learning your times tables... no actual understanding... just chant it! :lol::lol:

5 years?

5?

He's only POTUS until 2012. Why's he talking about what the next POTUS should be doing? ..... Maybe Soros has told him he can stay if he's a good boy?

And why not 6?

If he's re-elected, is he planning to go on an 8th year spending binge?

Have you notice how the leftwing media started referring to the right as 'extremists' in the wake of the Tuscon tragedy.... it's like a new little catchphrase for them. The borg have received their instructions... and like good little followers, they repeat, parrot fashion whatever word their media instruct them to use. I think that's cute. It's like the traditional method of learning your times tables... no actual understanding... just chant it! :lol::lol:

LOL, You've been extremists WAY before Tucson. The true RINOs can be found all over this site. Nice try though.

yaknow, I don't even notice the mindless rhetoric any more. Unless someone gets personal or truely nasty, bs like extremist is just background noise.

Awww c'mon you can do better than "I know you are but what I am?"

No way!

I'm going grade skool on your ass! :lol:

When you start using lingo like "extremists", you put yourself at that level. Either counter the posts or don't bother with non-sense like that.

Fair enough?

Awww c'mon you can do better than "I know you are but what I am?"

No way!

I'm going grade skool on your ass! :lol:

When you start using lingo like "extremists", you put yourself at that level. Either counter the posts or don't bother with non-sense like that.

Fair enough?

Extremists is hardly an insult, especially with some of the insults people use on this site. I try to avoid that nonsense as much as possible but I really don't consider extremist to be an insult. I am not talking about terrorism or anything, just extreme political views. Which many people on this site would fall under and honestly I don't consider you to be one of those people. You've shown the ability to be rational which is NOT the mark of an extremist.

His "plan" will work as well as every other plan he has laid out to reduce spending. He has no credibility on this issue (and hardly any other). Especially so when he is planning on asking for more spending--oops I meant investment.

His "plan" will work as well as every other plan he has laid out to reduce spending. He has no credibility on this issue (and hardly any other). Especially so when he is planning on asking for more spending--oops I meant investment.

Ahhh, it wouldn't be an extremist thread without Rabbi. Once Willow shows up, we should be all hands on deck.

Forum List

Back