Obama To Bypass Senate In Appointing Medicaid & Medicare Head To Avoid Obamacare Talk

I frankly expect nothing less from the soap salesman in residence, but his chutzpah is striking. It's always "too important" when it comes to avoiding work and responsibility.

This morning on ABC News’ "This Week," Senior White House Advisor David Axelrod insisted that President Obama’s recess appointment of Dr. Donald Berwick to be the administrator of The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services was simply “too important” to wait for a Congressional hearing.

“The Republican Party has made it a policy in the United States Senate to hold up... as many nominations,” as possible, Axelrod said. “This is too important. This position is too important,” he told host Jake Tapper. “In the midst of implementing health reform, it is too important to allow that kind of game-playing to go on.”

Tapper pressed Axelrod on whether the White House simply wanted to avoid a hearing because it didn’t have the appetite for the political fight.

“What we don't want in this…is to let this be drawn out in a long kind of political circus while the job that needs to be done is not getting done or not getting done with the man who should be doing it,” Axelrod said.

White House: Berwick Appointment 'Too Important' to Wait for a Hearing - Political Punch

Guys cmon. While I think this guy is a terrible Far left Marxist appointment. WTF are you doing railing about Obama going around the senate. Bush did like 150 recess appointments.

Guys cmon. While I think this guy is a terrible Far left Marxist appointment. WTF are you doing railing about Obama going around the senate. Bush did like 150 recess appointments.

Hope.. Change....and what was that again....transparency...

Wonder Putz President... Gee...after Health Care passes people will love it, now he's afraid to discuss it..

Oh my, such wailing and weeping. Given the Pubs blocking of all appointments, I would have been using recess appointments a long time ago. It looks like our President finally got the message. These guys are not interested in the good of the nation, only in preventing the present administration from getting credit for anything good.

So now the rational thing to do is to run roughshod over the people standing in the doorway, and blocking off the hall. You are finally getting a taste of your own medicine, and if our President is smart, it you will get a lot more of it from here on out.

Forum List

Back