Obama to bring "Real Food" to America?

KMAN

Jul 9, 2008
Maybe this guy really is the Messiah after all... People no longer have to worry about their mortgage, gas, or car loan, and now he is going to bring "real food" to America.

The bad thing is regular people can't afford to eat at places "the man of the people" eats at... unless that is in the stimulus package that is. :razz:

Top chefs push Obama to improve food policy - Yahoo! News

I wonder if the smoking industry is going to get a boost from people who want to smoke like he does.... Oh wait, I bet half of you didn't know that he smoked did you... That's right, the media doesn't want you to about this....LOL

Political Radar: Obama Admits Smoking Cigarettes in Last Few Months

It must be a liberal thing to support sustainable practices and policy that make in possible for small farms and family farmers to become more viable.

I take it you're in favor of subsidized international corporate agribusiness, the ones that are putting small family farmers out of business? Not me. I admire the small family farmer and private entrepeneur, and our current policies are allowing those people to get buried by corprate agribusiness and agricultural conglomerates.

Country of orgin labeling too must be a liberal thing. I want to support local farmers, and I want to know if my food is coming from communist china, or from local growers.

Your Article:

most food in the United States is over-processed, over-subsidized and grown with no regard to the environment, making it harder for small farms to make a profit selling more natural, nutritious food....

Most of the chefs say they realize food policy and government support for larger corporate farms won't change any time soon. Congress, with Obama's support, overwhelmingly enacted a $290 billion farm bill last year that directs many subsidies to the largest agricultural players.

But Obama has already given chefs like Barber a small reason to hope. At his confirmation hearing, Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack made an overture to the growing number of food groups and experts who have criticized government subsidies for large corporate farms, saying he will seek to work "with those who seek programs and practices that lead to more nutritious food produced in a sustainable way."

I don't see how better awareness concerning what we eat should be a problem. I've said for a long time that most of what we eat is overprocessed. While I don't get overly concerned, I try to keep a decent portion of the food I cook as natural as possible.

I love all this weak ass shit the right is throwing at Obama.

Man, are they lame.

It must be a liberal thing to support sustainable practices and policy that make in possible for small farms and family farmers to become more viable.

I take it you're in favor of subsidized international corporate agribusiness, the ones that are putting small family farmers out of business? Not me. I admire the small family farmer and private entrepeneur, and our current policies are allowing those people to get buried by corprate agribusiness and agricultural conglomerates.

Country of orgin labeling too must be a liberal thing. I want to support local farmers, and I want to know if my food is coming from communist china, or from local growers.

Your Article:

most food in the United States is over-processed, over-subsidized and grown with no regard to the environment, making it harder for small farms to make a profit selling more natural, nutritious food....

Most of the chefs say they realize food policy and government support for larger corporate farms won't change any time soon. Congress, with Obama's support, overwhelmingly enacted a $290 billion farm bill last year that directs many subsidies to the largest agricultural players.

But Obama has already given chefs like Barber a small reason to hope. At his confirmation hearing, Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack made an overture to the growing number of food groups and experts who have criticized government subsidies for large corporate farms, saying he will seek to work "with those who seek programs and practices that lead to more nutritious food produced in a sustainable way."

Yep! Them terbacca farms need a little subsidy all right.. :lol:

Maybe this guy really is the Messiah after all... People no longer have to worry about their mortgage, gas, or car loan, and now he is going to bring "real food" to America.

The bad thing is regular people can't afford to eat at places "the man of the people" eats at... unless that is in the stimulus package that is. :razz:

I wonder if the smoking industry is going to get a boost from people who want to smoke like he does.... Oh wait, I bet half of you didn't know that he smoked did you... That's right, the media doesn't want you to about this....LOL

I'm a level 7 vegan.
I don't eat anything that casts a shadow.
Fortunately for me, the full moon only occurs 3 days a month.

I guess we as a nation are better off that the right is complaining about little dingleberries like this than when we complained about breaking the FISA law, spying on Americans, invading Iraq, abadoning the war in Afghanistan.

Oh, those were heady days compared to this.

How many even know what arugala is? It's spinach without the character.

hahaha Oh this is funny. lol

Maybe I can get Cuban cigars legally soon!!!!

Only KMAN and Republicans make a big deal out of Obama's smoking (because they don't like him, not because they want to see him quit).

Only KMAN and Republicans make a big deal out of Obama's smoking (because they don't like him, not because they want to see him quit).

So far, only Kman has made a big deal about his smoking.

So, where are all these republicans that you speak of?

My question to you first, where have you been? :confused:

I've seen more then a few posts about the fact Obama smokes.

If you were honest, you'd also state that you've seen more than a few "who gives a fuck if he smokes?" from republicans.

If you were honest, you'd also state that you've seen more than a few "who gives a fuck if he smokes?" from republicans.

Yes, but you don't see Democrats as far as I know making a big deal out of the fact he smokes. I never said all Republicans cared, I just said Republicans.

Yes, but you don't see Democrats as far as I know making a big deal out of the fact he smokes. I never said all Republicans cared, I just said Republicans.

"Republicans" without a qualifier of "most", or "some" is generally assumed by the masses to be all-inclusive, which is how you meant it. Thus, the "Kman and Republicans"..

You don't see most democrats making a big deal out of it because if they did, that would be too much like admitting that he's not the freakin messiah, and he has faults. Right now, he could spit on his own child in public, and you'd say he had a valid reason for it.

Forum List

Back