Obama to announce pay freeze for federal workers

Yeah, well if Burger King was funded at the taxpayer trough and got to make all the rules about what is and is not a first class burger, told every other fast food outlet where they can build, who they can hire, what they can pay, what hours they can operate, how much they can charge, (and on and on) the fast food world would be a whole different beast.

the PO does not set the rules up Rag......your Congress does.....and nobody tells UPS or Fed-X where they can build, who they can hire, what they can pay, what hours they can operate, or how much they can charge.......certaintly not the PO....

I'm not anti-PO just to be anti-PO. The problem is the Federal government getting in the way and you've noted some specific ways it does that above. The problem is the USPS being the governments sock puppet. (and not for nothing but the Feds do regulate all of the above areas I mentioned and then some)

If there are good people who could run the PO like a smart private business, as you claim (and I have little reason to doubt) then more power to them. If the USPS can ditch big brother without the help of FedEx or UPS or most importantly the US taxpayer... then that's fine too. The whole point is to make it a private, stand alone business.

So....on the one hand....you GOP fans are saying this pay freeze is bullshit and is simply a Democratic ploy to make it seem as if they are doing something about the defecit and spending. Meanwhile, others (Two Thumbs) is saying that this bullshit ploy is a Republican idea....which is it?

In the story it clearly states that it was a GOP ploy.

I was hoping for cuts, praying for cuts. But I'll take a freeze, it beats nothing, which is what the dnc plan was, cut nothing and spend more.

So it looks like someone got through to obama and they look at the rnc contract with America and started doing what they planned on doing. This way they can claim it was thier idea, even though they have no intention of actually cutting spending.

So. how long before we start seeing some legislation from the GOP on spending cuts? Their Contract on America was nothing more than talking points and every honoest poster would agree with that assessment. The voters gave control of the House back to the GOP. Where is the legislation? Where are the spending cuts?

We kind of have to wait until they are actually in office before we can see legislation from them. This time next year you can ask the same question and have a legitimate beef.

The democrats are like spoiled rich kids with credit cards that doesn't care where the money comes from until mommy and daddy is tapped out, now they are looking anywhere they can to find pennies. How cool is that? :cool:

It's more like, Democrats care about these programs beacuse they are needed in our society, like, as has already been mentioned, education. Republicans remind ME of the spoiled rich kids who already have their fill, and want everyone else to suffer.

Who does the US Department of Education educate?

Anybody who wants to listen

Forum List

Back