Obama to address Air Force Academy commencement - WHY?

That's a mighty broad bursh you are using there, Sparky. The entire time my Father served in the USAF (two tours in Vietnam), we kids were on "free lunch" at school, because we fell below some Government income line. I know that most of my fellow BRATS were in the same boat. Are we the sort of people you claim "have not done a damn thing for the US but become sponges"?

Part of supporting our Military should include Family assistance, you and I are not comparing apples and apples....
All-of-a-sudden, things are startin' to get a little conditional, for you, huh??​

Not at all, there is a huge difference between being in the Military (which imo includes the family also) and life long Sponges.... my original post was not that difficult, just clarifying things.....

Part of supporting our Military should include Family assistance, you and I are not comparing apples and apples....
All-of-a-sudden, things are startin' to get a little conditional, for you, huh??​

Not at all, there is a huge difference between being in the Military (which imo includes the family also) and life long Sponges.... my original post was not that difficult, just clarifying things.....

So anyone receiving any sort of assistance from the government who is not military is a sponge?

Who supports keeping unnecessary jobs going in the military just to keep people working?

I would think the Democrats would, after all they approved things like the 3 million dollar "Turtle Tunnel" with Taxpayer money, or the half million dollars for windows in a closed USFS building, the list goes on.......

So anyone receiving any sort of assistance from the government who is not military is a sponge?

read my original post and make up your own mind :)

I read it that he was referring to "life long" sponges. You know, the small percentage of people that make living off the government a way of life....not the ones with physical or mental challanges....just the ones that find it easier to live of the government,.

And yes...they do exist. In numbers? No. But they most certainlyt do exist.

I read it that he was referring to "life long" sponges. You know, the small percentage of people that make living off the government a way of life....not the ones with physical or mental challanges....just the ones that find it easier to live of the government,.

Sure, they exist. No denying that. I want them off the system as much as you do. But not at the expense of slashing services for those who truly need the help. When you can figure out a way to weed out the deadbeats I am all ears.

Sure, they exist. No denying that. I want them off the system as much as you do. But not at the expense of slashing services for those who truly need the help. When you can figure out a way to weed out the deadbeats I am all ears.

there is no way to weed them out. They are a cost of doing business...collateral damage if you will. I have no issue with it.
Just wanted to clarify what he was saying.

So it is OK to cut funding for our Military, the ones who Protect the US, who give their Lives and often an arm or a leg, but we cannot cut social programs for those who have not done a damn thing for the US but become sponges....... Interesting Concept.
Let me ask you something regarding the ones that protect us...

How does our military defend this country, when they're not physically in the country they're defending?

Why should we trash our economy just to fund two bullshit wars?

Why are we using taxpayer dollars to pay the Taliban not to attack our convoy's?

Why are we paying $400 a gallon for gas in Afghanistan?

Why do we have over 800 bases around the world, when it is this country our military is supposed to be defending?​

If I was President, I'd cut that god-damn, obscene defense budget in half! We have enough nukes to kill the population of the planet 37 times, I think we're safe!

So it is OK to cut funding for our Military, the ones who Protect the US, who give their Lives and often an arm or a leg, but we cannot cut social programs for those who have not done a damn thing for the US but become sponges....... Interesting Concept.
Let me ask you something regarding the ones that protect us...

How does our military defend this country, when they're not physically in the country they're defending?

Wow, not even touching that one, are you serious?

Why should we trash our economy just to fund two bullshit wars?

Where did I say I was for those wars, let me ask you.. did Obama get us out of Iraq as soon as he promised while campaigning?, why is he letting teh Afghan war go on till 2014?

Why are we using taxpayer dollars to pay the Taliban not to attack our convoy's?

Why are we paying Billions to Afghanistan after 2014 when we leave? Why Did we pay billions to Egypt?

Why are we paying $400 a gallon for gas in Afghanistan?

No idea, are we?

Why do we have over 800 bases around the world, when it is this country our military is supposed to be defending?​

Maybe because we have US Civilians all over the world

If I was President, I'd cut that god-damn, obscene defense budget in half! We have enough nukes to kill the population of the planet 37 times, I think we're safe!

response in red above....

Glad you are not in charge, you want our only defense to be Nukes?

Obama to address Air Force Academy commencement - Yahoo! News

Is he going to say nice job, sorry for all your hard work, but I want to cut funding for the Military so too bad, you wasted your time, go get in the un-employment line like everyone else........

It's an election year and time for him to help us forget his attitude toward military over the last few years. You know it'll be a campaign speech.

Golly Gee! You mean that Presidents ONLY speak at the Service Academies on Election Years? Golly.

Because he's the President. Who wouldnt want the President speaking no matter how horrible he is?

response in red above....

Glad you are not in charge, you want our only defense to be Nukes?
I said cut the budget in half, not eliminate it. I'd also close all those bases around the world, unless the country that they're in, still wanted them there. If that happened to be the case, then I'd tell that country, "Okay, we'll keep the base there and I send you the bill!" Country's that want our bases there can pay for 'em. Lock, stock and barrel.

My basic point is that I want my tax dollars spent in this country, not someone else's. Shouldn't our tax dollars benefit us? We spent over a trillion dollars on these two bullshit wars and what did we get in return? A trashed economy? A ruined reputation around the world? The loss of over 4500 American's and over 35,000 injured?

I challenge anyone to tell me what we got in return, for our investment, in these two fucking, immoral and illegal, bullshit wars? How has average American's directly benefited from the cost of the war for the last 10 years?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back