Obama throws Gay community under the bus...

Shadow

Silver Member
Aug 16, 2008
Land Of Enchantment
AMERICAblog News| A great nation deserves the truth: Obama defends DOMA in federal court. Says banning gay marriage is good for the federal budget. Invokes incest and marrying children.

Snip

Obama defends DOMA in federal court. Says banning gay marriage is good for the federal budget. Invokes incest and marrying children.

Snip

He actually argued that the courts shouldn't consider Loving v. Virginia, the miscegenation case in which the Supreme Court ruled that it is unconstitutional to ban interracial marriages, when looking at gay civil rights cases. He told the court, in essence, that blacks deserve more civil rights than gays, that our civil rights are not on the same level.

More in this article...

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/06/12/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry5084948.shtml

Last edited:
AMERICAblog News| A great nation deserves the truth: Obama defends DOMA in federal court. Says banning gay marriage is good for the federal budget. Invokes incest and marrying children.

Snip

Obama defends DOMA in federal court. Says banning gay marriage is good for the federal budget. Invokes incest and marrying children.

Snip

He actually argued that the courts shouldn't consider Loving v. Virginia, the miscegenation case in which the Supreme Court ruled that it is unconstitutional to ban interracial marriages, when looking at gay civil rights cases. He told the court, in essence, that blacks deserve more civil rights than gays, that our civil rights are not on the same level.

There are actually a lot of compelling arguments on both sides of this. One one hand DOMA is the law, and Obama really should be upholding the law to the best of his ability. On the other hand some of the court arguments are somewhat shocking. There is actually a bit of a debate in the gay community over what to make of this.

i feel the same way, thats all i can say

Snip

Snip

More in this article...

Gay Rights Groups Irate After Obama Administration Lauds Defense Of Marriage Act | Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Snip

Snip

More in this article...

Gay Rights Groups Irate After Obama Administration Lauds Defense Of Marriage Act | Political Hotsheet - CBS News

You agree with the premise that gay marriage is similar to incest?

Blech this is sickening, although the site says it may have been written from an old Bush crony (figures) although I wish we'd hear an explanation from Barack.

no, that obama threw gays under the bus

Snip

Snip

More in this article...

You agree with the premise that gay marriage is similar to incest?

Blech this is sickening, although the site says it may have been written from an old Bush crony (figures) although I wish we'd hear an explanation from Barack.

Sort of...don't you think that its the presidents duty to uphold the law, whether he agrees with it or not?

Name one other BEHAVIOR - which is what homosexuality is - that recieves special constitutional protection twit.

Check out your first amendment. Speech, assembly, and religious practice are all BEHAVIOURS that have special constitutional protection.

Just goes to show that the Left's main concern about Gay Marriage is keeping it a wedge issue. The Gay community means big dollars to the Dem's,they ain't going to give that up anytime soon,especially under the current money grubber we now have in office.

Also ,Obama is not going to risk pissing off the black community that elected his sorry ass.

Under the bus you go Gay community...

Just goes to show that the Left's main concern about Gay Marriage is keeping it a wedge issue. The Gay community means big dollars to the Dem's,they ain't going to give that up anytime soon,especially under the current money grubber we now have in office.

Also ,Obama is not going to risk pissing off the black community that elected his sorry ass.

Under the bus you go Gay community...

Lmao. The left wants to keep gay marriage as a wedge issue? Gay marriage has hurt them in recent elections.

By the way...do you agree with the president upholding the law? Yes or no. Simple question.

By the way...do you agree with the president upholding the law? Yes or no. Simple question

Which laws? The ones where we won the case and Obama let them walk. Those types of laws.

By the way...do you agree with the president upholding the law? Yes or no. Simple question

Which laws? The ones where we won the case and Obama let them walk. Those types of laws.

Oh? And what case would that be?

Obama is still an asshole.

... odd though ... none of the anti-gay/Obama crowd has posted how much they love him now ... that is really really really strange.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I cant post links yet and you have google, Must I hold your hand?

Point being they weren't criminal charges. Hence, he didn't let anyone "walk". By the way, they didn't actually win. The panthers didn't show up. That usually doesn't actually lead to a default judgment, as courts are pretty hesitant to declare default judgments.

In defending this, Obama actually compared gay marriage to "incest" and "child molestation"....OUCH. And I am apparently supposed to believe he was just upholding the law.:lol: Good one...lets watch the lefties bend over backwards defending Oblah blah's anti gay marriage stance now.

Bet the Gay community loves being told that they are "child molesters" and that they don't deserve as many rights as the "black" community either. This should be interesting.

Forum List

Back