Obama: Three Strikes

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
1. President Obama denied that he had sought an agreement with the Iraqi government to have U.S. troops remain in Iraq to train Iraqi forces. The exchange went as follows:

MR. ROMNEY: …with regards to Iraq, you and I agreed, I believe, that there should have been a status of forces agreement. Did you —
PRESIDENT OBAMA: That’s not true.

MR. ROMNEY: Oh, you didn’t — you didn’t want a status of forces agreement?

PRESIDENT OBAMA: No…

In fact, Obama did try to negotiate a new status of forces agreement “that would have kept a small American force in Iraq to train the Iraqi military and patrol the country’s skies,” but, according to the New York Times, Obama’s “bid to keep about 5,000 American troops in place failed.”
Obama high on energy, but wrong on status of forces agreement - Conservative News

2. Romney: “First of all, Russia I indicated is a geopolitical foe….It’s a geopolitical foe, and I said in the same — in the same paragraph I said, and Iran is the greatest national security threat we face. Russia does continue to battle us in the U.N. time and time again. I have clear eyes on this.”
This is a fight over synonyms.
Romney has never called Russia the No. 1 “enemy” or “threat” to the United States, despite Obama’s claims on multiple occasions, including Monday’s debate.
Read more: Debate results: Fact-checking - POLITICO.com

3. OBAMA – Gov Romney, that is not what you said.
ROMNEY – You can take a look at the Op/Ed

OBAMA – Governor Romney you did not say that you would provide governor (sic) help.
ROMNEY – I am still speaking. I said that we would provide guarantees and that was able to allow these companies to go thru bankruptcy to come out of bankruptcy under no circumstances would I do anything other than to help this industry get on its feet (44). And the idea that has been suggested that I would liquidate the industry– of course not. Of course not.
OBAMA – Lets check the record
ROMNEY – That is the height of silliness. I have never said I would liquidate the industry.
OBAMA – Governor, the people of Detroit don’t forget. (cross talk)

ROMNEY – I want to keep the industry growing and thriving. That is why I have the kind of commitment to make sure that our industry in this country can compete and be successful.
OBAMA – Look, I think anybody out there can check the record Governor Romney you keep on trying to airbrush history here. You were very clear that you would not provide government assistance to the US auto companies even if they went thru bankruptcy. You said that they could get it in the private market place. That wasn’t true They would have gone thru…
ROMNEY -You are wrong Mr President, you are wrong

Fact Check: Romney did suggest post-bankruptcy financing guarantees for auto industry
Presidential Debate: Fact Check and Live Blog - ABC News

Oh, somewhere in this favored land the sun is shining bright;
The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light,
And somewhere men are laughing, and somewhere children shout;
But there is no joy in Mudville - mighty Casey has struck out.
Casey at the Bat by Ernest Lawrence Thayer

Last edited:
Obama has a view of himself and his performance that is unrecognizable. He actually thinks he is qualified to be president, that he's done a decent job, and that his biggest failure has been in communication. He is wrong on all counts.
So no surprise that the Obama who appeared in the debate is completely different from the Obama who has squatted in the White House for 4 years.

I'm wondering when this President EVER stops lying??? He does it blatantly now.

I honestly think he weighs them by what percentage will actually find out the truth against how many he can tell the lie to. If he figures that significantly more will believe the lie then will find out the truth... he goes for it. That's a sorry-assed state of affairs when we're talking about the President of the United States, isn't it?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back