Obama thinks permission for US War in Syria comes from UN/NATO and not Congress

The Constitution is quite clear about this. Congress declares war for the United States of America; not Nato; not the UN; not any other faction.

This is just the tip of the iceberg.

Obama plans on signing a treaty that gives away our sovereignty to a world court, our mineral rights in the sea, our ability to launch missiles in space, and our ability to wage war.

Sure he will. :cuckoo:

The first one as been signed and they're waiting to ratify it in the Senate in June......giving away our mineral rights to oil off our coasts.

It's called The Law of The Sea treaty.

The Law of the Sea Treaty (LOST) has been signed, and the Obama administration — with the aid of RINO Sen. Richard Lugar (Ind.) — will push for its ratification as soon as Lugar’s primary in Indiana is over this year. LOST requires that the United States pay an international body half of its royalties from offshore drilling. The body would then distribute the funds as it sees fit to whichever nations it chooses. The United States would only have one vote out of 160 regarding where the money goes. LOST will also oblige us to hand over our offshore drilling technology to any nation that wants it … for free. Obama’s Sneaky Treaties at DickMorris.com

For all intents and purposes he is right. Permissions to use bases and airspace for attacks comes from other countries and are a lot more important to a military action than congress, at least in the short term. If they don't like it then change the law to make it harder for the president to command the military, they are not going to do shit.

The Constitution is quite clear about this. Congress declares war for the United States of America; not Nato; not the UN; not any other faction.
Gold star post. Too bad it says I must spread before repping theGreatGatsby again. :lol:

Obama plans on signing a treaty that gives away our sovereignty to a world court, our mineral rights in the sea, our ability to launch missiles in space, and our ability to wage war.

The first one as been signed and they're waiting to ratify it in the Senate in June......giving away our mineral rights to oil off our coasts.

The Law of the Sea Treaty (LOST) has been signed, and the Obama administration — with the aid of RINO Sen. Richard Lugar (Ind.) — will push for its ratification as soon as Lugar’s primary in Indiana is over this year. LOST requires that the United States pay an international body half of its royalties from offshore drilling. The body would then distribute the funds as it sees fit to whichever nations it chooses. The United States would only have one vote out of 160 regarding where the money goes. LOST will also oblige us to hand over our offshore drilling technology to any nation that wants it … for free. Obama’s Sneaky Treaties at DickMorris.com
He's trying to one-up Carter. This time, he's giving away property that is rightfully and should be the State of Alaska's call. I hear they were not consulted.

Obama impeachment bill now in Congress

I've been sitting on this article a couple of months b/c it astounds me how Obama so blatantly ignores The Constitution.

You should also be more specific and say that the bill is dying in committee.

Dying is premature, considering...
Bill Summary & Status - 112th Congress (2011 - 2012) - H.CON.RES.107 - All Information - THOMAS (Library of Congress)
Latest Major Action: 3/7/2012 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary.

However, I agree this is likely where it will sit.

Hope Congress just says "no" to that albatross.

I don't believe he can get the House to ratify it. And the Senate is about to change in a few months also..... Along with Obama....... This treaty is dead..........

I don't think he needs the house. just the senate.. and it forces us to give 50% of our offshore riches to the Un to spread around the world as they see fit.

That is correct and republicans would sooner cut off their arm than change it to something more restrictive which is the reason that this thing is nothing but a stunt.

It is a bit of a stunt by them. But they are also highlighting the fact that Obama is pushing a new world order narrative.

What the hell is new about bombing the hell out of the middle east? It's the same old NeoCon crap that we are already sick of and that no republican would have the slightest problem with from a republican president, in fact, Boehner and the rest would be lining up to patriotically support any military action anywhere for any reason. The only difference here is a democratic president having the nerve to use the republican's military.

You're debating results, not methodology.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qw9pbh5jnE]Obama Gives Away Our Rights in Space and at Sea! Dick Morris TV: Lunch ALERT! - YouTube[/ame]

War Powers Resolution of 1973 (?) Gives the President 60 days before he has to get permission from congress or start a 30 day withdrawal..... If i remember right............

true but it goes beyond that as well.

United Nations Participation Act of 1945

The President shall not be deemed to require the authorization of the Congress to make available to the Security Council on its call in order to take action under article 42 of said Charter and pursuant to such special agreement or agreements the armed forces, facilities, or assistance provided for therein: Provided, That nothing herein contained shall be construed as an authorization to tile President by the Congress to make available to the Security Council for such purpose armed forces, facilities, or assistance in addition to the forces, facilities, and assistance provided for in such special agreement or agreements.
United Nations Participation Act - Historic Documents - PatriotPost.US

Congress gave up the power to authorize "war" IF that war was apporoved by the security council. Theres tons of restrictions and such, so if Obama is acting within those restriction I am unsure. But he doesnt need Congressional approval to make a move.

War Powers Resolution of 1973 (?) Gives the President 60 days before he has to get permission from congress or start a 30 day withdrawal..... If i remember right............

true but it goes beyond that as well.

United Nations Participation Act of 1945

The President shall not be deemed to require the authorization of the Congress to make available to the Security Council on its call in order to take action under article 42 of said Charter and pursuant to such special agreement or agreements the armed forces, facilities, or assistance provided for therein: Provided, That nothing herein contained shall be construed as an authorization to tile President by the Congress to make available to the Security Council for such purpose armed forces, facilities, or assistance in addition to the forces, facilities, and assistance provided for in such special agreement or agreements.
United Nations Participation Act - Historic Documents - PatriotPost.US

Congress gave up the power to authorize "war" IF that war was apporoved by the security council. Theres tons of restrictions and such, so if Obama is acting within those restriction I am unsure. But he doesnt need Congressional approval to make a move.

The UN security counsel has done a remarkable job at keeping the big wars bottled up, not sure mankind would have survived the cold war without it.

I don't believe he can get the House to ratify it. And the Senate is about to change in a few months also..... Along with Obama....... This treaty is dead..........

I don't think he needs the house. just the senate.. and it forces us to give 50% of our offshore riches to the Un to spread around the world as they see fit.

Regardless, treaties were made to be broken.

If you've read the book of Revelation then you'll know that the whole world will be against us if we try to break it. 160 countries have signed onto it. We haven't yet. They want what we have and Obama is willing to give it to them.

If you've read the book of Revelation then you'll know that the whole world will be against us if we try to break it. 160 countries have signed onto it. We haven't yet. They want what we have and Obama is willing to give it to them.

Still looking for something reputable that even hints that we are giving up a bunch of stuff to the UN, the Navy and the oil industry seem to like it.

Still looking for something reputable that even hints that we are giving up a bunch of stuff to the UN, the Navy and the oil industry seem to like it.

The LOST treaty turns over not only our off-shore mineral rights but our drilling technology as well to anyone who wants it.

I've been sitting on this article a couple of months b/c it astounds me how Obama so blatantly ignores The Constitution.

Obama doesn't give a shit about this country or our consitution. His goal is to shred it and he'd prefer a one world government. They are already talking about allowing the UN to dictate our gun laws and other things that would completely bypass the constitution.

Obama doesn't give a shit about this country or our consitution. His goal is to shred it and he'd prefer a one world government. They are already talking about allowing the UN to dictate our gun laws and other things that would completely bypass the constitution.

Links proving your astounding accusations?

You should have continued to sit on it.

Otherwise your problem is with Congress, not Obama, since the former abdicated its Constitutional authority to declare war nearly 40 years ago, transferring that power to the Executive.

And since the courts refuse to review conflicts between Congress and the Executive concerning declarations of war or the use of the military in general, the notion that Obama ‘ignores’ the Constitution is clearly partisan idiocy.

Links proving your astounding accusations?

Goto Living under a rock dot com. It might have what you're looking for.

Forum List

Back