Obama the Loanshark's FBI Raid

The White House also noted to ABC News that the Bush administration was the first to consider Solyndra's application and that some executives at the company have a history of donating to Republicans. The results of the Congressional probe shared Tuesday with ABC News show that less than two weeks before President Bush left office, on January 9, 2009, the Energy Department's credit committee made a unanimous decision not to offer a loan commitment to Solyndra.

well?
Is this supposed to be some kind of "Gotcha!!"?

The Bush Admin made the right decision. Solyndra was a bad risk. The Obama Admin pushed the loan for political reasons, and the money was wasted.

I keep asking what has Obama done that is right. I think the one thing he has done right is set himself up to be very very wealth when he leaves office. I really think that he knows how to do that. Way to go voters you lose.

I keep asking what has Obama done that is right. I think the one thing he has done right is set himself up to be very very wealth when he leaves office. I really think that he knows how to do that. Way to go voters you lose.

He deserves credit for giving the green light to whack OBL. That's about all I can come up with however.

He deserves credit for giving the green light to whack OBL. That's about all I can come up with however.

He handled the Somali pirates incident pretty good, IMO. Props to him for that as well.

As a matter of fact, the best things he's done have been a result of getting the hell out of the way of our military and letting them do their job.

Gee, what's to get excited about in this kind of email content:

...Congressional probe shared Tuesday with ABC News show that less than two weeks before President Bush left office, on January 9, 2009, the Energy Department's credit committee made a unanimous decision not to offer a loan commitment to Solyndra.

Even after Obama took office on Jan. 20, 2009, analysts in the Energy Department and in the Office of Management and Budget were repeatedly questioning the wisdom of the loan. In one exchange, an Energy official wrote of "a major outstanding issue" -- namely, that Solyndra's numbers showed it would run out of cash in September 2011.

C'mon rest of the lamestream media. Here's your chance to distance yourselves from the clown you ass kissed all the way to the White House.

So Bush the idiot passed on this and Obama the genius ran with it.

And here we are 1/2 billion dollars lighter.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Actually, it's not funny at all.

...Congressional probe shared Tuesday with ABC News show that less than two weeks before President Bush left office, on January 9, 2009, the Energy Department's credit committee made a unanimous decision not to offer a loan commitment to Solyndra.

Even after Obama took office on Jan. 20, 2009, analysts in the Energy Department and in the Office of Management and Budget were repeatedly questioning the wisdom of the loan. In one exchange, an Energy official wrote of "a major outstanding issue" -- namely, that Solyndra's numbers showed it would run out of cash in September 2011.

C'mon rest of the lamestream media. Here's your chance to distance yourselves from the clown you ass kissed all the way to the White House.

It makes perfect sense if you look at it the leftist way:

Obama can do no wrong. Bush can do no right.

It makes perfect sense if you look at it the leftist way:

Obama can do no wrong. Bush can do no right.

bush was not that bad

This is the most damning....
The results of the Congressional probe shared Tuesday with ABC News show that less than two weeks before President Bush left office, on January 9, 2009, the Energy Department's credit committee made a unanimous decision not to offer a loan commitment to Solyndra.

Based upon reading the entire article, it appears that somebody in the White House exerted serious pressure to get this gigantic loan approved - even after the Bush WH turned it down. The worst part is that they did it all for a photo-op. A $ half billion $ photo-op.

Dilettante, fool, criminal, negligent....pick an adjective- they all stink.
Hope they check for a numbered bank account # or a large cash withdrawal. That's too much money, and there was too little time.

The results of the Congressional probe shared Tuesday with ABC News show that less than two weeks before President Bush left office, on January 9, 2009, the Energy Department's credit committee made a unanimous decision not to offer a loan commitment to Solyndra.

Based upon reading the entire article, it appears that somebody in the White House exerted serious pressure to get this gigantic loan approved - even after the Bush WH turned it down. The worst part is that they did it all for a photo-op. A $ half billion $ photo-op.

I really didn't think this was a big issue but has the layers are starting to uncover the shit's starting to smell even worse.
Half a billion is like 500 millionnaires all on the same ship.

Totally agree.

Bush's energy dept said hell no.

Price, Waterhouse Coopers said hell no.

Here come green Obama who says hell yes. He or someone in his administration must have looked at what the Bush energy Dept had and they still said hell yes.

Ideology to some is more important than the taxpayers of America who actually foot the bills.

We taxpayers are out billions.

Wonder just what the FBI will find??

The White House also noted to ABC News that the Bush administration was the first to consider Solyndra's application and that some executives at the company have a history of donating to Republicans. The results of the Congressional probe shared Tuesday with ABC News show that less than two weeks before President Bush left office, on January 9, 2009, the Energy Department's credit committee made a unanimous decision not to offer a loan commitment to Solyndra.
well?
Is this supposed to be some kind of "Gotcha!!"?

The Bush Admin made the right decision. Solyndra was a bad risk. The Obama Admin pushed the loan for political reasons, and the money was wasted.
This is a worst case scenario. Why couldn't Obama just have had a regular administration? No blaming Bush, race, the Congress or SCOTUS, no bank takeovers, no helping big businesses supporting bambam to wipe out private enterprises, no 5 trillions in new junk to pay supporters, bleh.

I only have one thing to say to Solyndra and Obama:

"Show me da money!"

It cost us two helicopters (the day they got bin Laden) and a crew of Navy Seals on Aug. 6. in retaliation. I want to know how the Taliban bastards in Afghanistan knew where our finest were.

Helicopter Shot Down: 22 Navy SEALs Dead in Crash in Afghanistan - ABC News

Even more damning, looks like whoever did this 'loan' put Kaiser in first position in a bankruptcy, not the US taxpayers:

Is there electoral gold in Solyndra? - The Week

...It takes more than a bad bet to make a scandal — but Solyndra has connections all the way to Obama himself. When Solyndra initially applied for taxpayer subsidies, auditors at the Department of Energy questioned Solyndra's stability. So why did the Obama administration fast-track Solyndra's application? One reason might be that one of the chief investors in Solyndra is George Kaiser — who also was one of Obama's campaign bundlers in 2008, raising more than $50,000. Solyndra executives made more than 20 visits to the White House between March 2009 and April 2011. Was it a coincidence that Solyndra ended up with an interest rate from the feds at one-fourth the going rate for green-jobs projects?

The curious collapse of Solyndra also turned up a strange arrangement for repayment to creditors. Despite having put up $535 million in taxpayer loan guarantees, the Obama administration didn't insist on putting taxpayers in the most senior position for creditors if Solyndra failed. Instead, as ABC reports, Kaiser gets repaid first on a $75 million investment before taxpayers see a dime.

If that sounds fishy to you, you're not alone. Last week, in response to an investigation by the DOE's Inspector General, the FBI raided Solyndra, seizing its business records. Federal agents also raided the homes of Solyndra executives, seizing computers and more records. Congress, which had already opened an investigation into Solyndra's loans, will undoubtedly press for access to this material for its own probe...

well?
Well what?......They didn't get the loan guarantee.....Under the Bush administration, the right thing was done........Under the Obama administration, they GOT the guarantee.

Seriously, do you Obamabots ever think before you post?

I really didn't think this was a big issue but has the layers are starting to uncover the shit's starting to smell even worse.
Half a billion is like 500 millionnaires all on the same ship.

Don't you mean sinking ship?:lol:

It cost us two helicopters (the day they got bin Laden) and a crew of Navy Seals on Aug. 6. in retaliation. I want to know how the Taliban bastards in Afghanistan knew where our finest were.

DAMN GOOD QUESTION !!!:clap2::clap2::confused:

The rag heads got lucky in the heat of battle, that is all.

New Topics

Forum List

Back