Obama & The Iraqi Collapse

So is Iraq our ally or not? Are they a Democracy or not? What are the answers to these questions? Or do we have to wait a bit first before we get those answers? Was the War worth it?

So is Iraq our ally or not? Are they a Democracy or not? What are the answers to these questions? Or do we have to wait a bit first before we get those answers? Was the War worth it?

I thought you already made your decisions on these?....:poke:

They are not a democracy. They are a theocracy. It's written in black and white in Article 2 of their constitution that they put together with the help of Republicans and the Bush Administration.

They are not our friends. A man who threw shoes at our president was made a "national hero".

Women are now in burkas, which means half of their population is enslaved under Islamic Law.

Iraq is only one Republican disaster because they refuse to "study" or "collect data". They are a party of "gut feeling".

They are not a democracy. They are a theocracy. It's written in black and white in Article 2 of their constitution that they put together with the help of Republicans and the Bush Administration.

They are not our friends. A man who threw shoes at our president was made a "national hero".

Women are now in burkas, which means half of their population is enslaved under Islamic Law.

Iraq is only one Republican disaster because they refuse to "study" or "collect data". They are a party of "gut feeling".

Well that's one take but i've heard other takes. Some say Iraq is now an ally and is a Democracy.

Well that's one take but i've heard other takes. Some say Iraq is now an ally and is a Democracy.

Only right wingers and only in this country. What do you think the Iraqi Christians are saying? :popcorn:

Only right wingers and only in this country. What do you think the Iraqi Christians are saying? :popcorn:

Same as the Christians living in Egypt & Libya are i guess. Or many other Muslim Nations for that matter. That's more likely an issue about Islam and tolerance.

Iraq is barely an ally and it is no democracy.

Obama & The Iraqi Collapse
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh......Obama wasn't elected until 2008.
eusa_doh.gif

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXFvUhmTbiY]Iraq 2003: The Fall of Basra - YouTube[/ame]

303.gif

Stupid Teabaggers

Last edited:

yes, and you asswipes applauded and cheered that national hero too.

George HW Bush said after Desert Storm; "Of course I feel a frustration and a sense of grief for the innocents, that are being killed brutally, but we are not there to intervene. That is not our purpose. It never was our purpose. I do not want to see us get sucked into the internal civil war inside Iraq."

In other words, back in 1991 our leaders and intelligence knew that there were great odds of a civil war between the Shia and Sunni. It seems no one paid attention to that fact in 2002 as the US built it's case for invading Iraq. Also, one of the fears in 1991 was during/after a civil war, either Syria or Iran would fill the power void in Iraq as Iraq could very well break up into separate sections of Sunni and Shia.

Now let's fast-forward to today. Violence between the Shia and Sunni has escalated. Maliki is suppressing the Sunni within Iraq's own government. There's an arrest warrant for Tariq al-Hashemi, Iraq's Sunni Vice President for terrorism. Maliki rejected a proposal by Hashemi to have officials of the Arab League monitor any investigations conducted on him.
Rift in Iraq: Maliki Demands Kurds Hand Over Hashemi - International Business Times

And Maliki refused both GWB's and Obama's initiatives to keep US troops in Iraq to appease Iran.
‘Iran Foiled US Plan To Dominate ME’
‘Iran foiled US plan to dominate ME’ – The Shia Post

So it appears that the intelligence from 1991 was correct.

Like it or not, keeping Iraq under sanctions was the best policy. Yes, it left Saddam in power but having Saddam in power prevented Iran from having influence in Iraq. Iran's nuclear program accelerated while the US was focused on Iraq. The US admitted that we had limited intelligence on the ground in Iran, our intelligence was for the most part focused on Iraq.

Now we have a civil war brewing in Iraq and Iran has influence within Iraq. When Maliki was in exile during Saddam's reign, Maliki lived in Syria and Iran. Looking at the puzzle, why did the US government ever trust Maliki?

George HW Bush said after Desert Storm; "Of course I feel a frustration and a sense of grief for the innocents, that are being killed brutally, but we are not there to intervene. That is not our purpose. It never was our purpose. I do not want to see us get sucked into the internal civil war inside Iraq."

In other words, back in 1991 our leaders and intelligence knew that there were great odds of a civil war between the Shia and Sunni. It seems no one paid attention to that fact in 2002 as the US built it's case for invading Iraq. Also, one of the fears in 1991 was during/after a civil war, either Syria or Iran would fill the power void in Iraq as Iraq could very well break up into separate sections of Sunni and Shia.

Now let's fast-forward to today. Violence between the Shia and Sunni has escalated. Maliki is suppressing the Sunni within Iraq's own government. There's an arrest warrant for Tariq al-Hashemi, Iraq's Sunni Vice President for terrorism. Maliki rejected a proposal by Hashemi to have officials of the Arab League monitor any investigations conducted on him.
Rift in Iraq: Maliki Demands Kurds Hand Over Hashemi - International Business Times

And Maliki refused both GWB's and Obama's initiatives to keep US troops in Iraq to appease Iran.
‘Iran Foiled US Plan To Dominate ME’
‘Iran foiled US plan to dominate ME’ – The Shia Post

So it appears that the intelligence from 1991 was correct.
Hell......even The DICK; Cheney voiced that.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YENbElb5-xY]Cheney in 1994 on Iraq - YouTube[/ame]

.....Until vi$ion$ of dollar-$ign$ danced thru his head.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvQojxtOe8Q]Iraq for Sale: The War Profiteers - teaser trailer - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Zt9BZD7mlc]Iraq For Sale - Full Movie - YouTube[/ame]​

Forum List

Back