Obama & The Iraqi Collapse

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
I tend to believe Iraq will fail and Obama/Democrats will be looking for someone to blame.

but.. we shall see

-----------------------------:dunno:

An Iraqi leader Monday called for urgent talks to prevent the "collapse" of a unity government after its Sunni Vice President was barred from foreign travel in an unfolding crisis as US troops withdrew.

Barely a day after American forces completed their pullout, two of Iraq's main political blocs were at loggerheads, with Vice President Tareq al-Hashemi and Deputy Prime Minister Saleh al-Mutlak, both Sunni members of the secular Iraqiya bloc, coming under pressure from the Shiite-led authorities.

A judicial committee said on Monday that Hashemi was not allowed to leave the country, and several of his bodyguards have been detained in connection with terror attacks, while Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki has moved for Mutlak to be sacked.

http://english.ahram.org.eg/~/NewsC...Iraq-leader-warns-of-political-collapse-.aspx

Last edited:
I am still waiting for Yobama to tell the nation that Iran is building nuclear bombs!!! what is he waiting for? is Bambi gonna wait and see how it all plays out in the end? like he did during the 2009 Iranian voter fraud riots?

Um its all on the Iraqis now to fail or not, But nice try hack

A tad sensitive there... I see... Obama claims victory and that's the end, huh...

Next, we'll hear the Taliban's not our enemy..:lol:
Especially since he claims credit he was dead set against from the start. But Obama being a typical Statist creep? It's expectd behaviour. The place will erupt as you assert...and the blame will be placed upon Bush. After all? Obama is running against Bush. He hasn't stopped.

We've shown them the way to self-fulfilling peace, through our own blood.
They may choose to continue spilling their own in same manner, but we've shown them the way.
The cord is cut, the children become men of men or they become self achievers of their own demise.

Either way they reach their destiny of their own accord and not by the hand of a single tyrant.

Good post and I agree.

The future of Iraq is in their hands.

Will be interesting to see what they make of the opportunity we have given them.

A tad sensitive there... I see... Obama claims victory and that's the end, huh...

well no, because the Iraqi government has repeatedly said they wanted us gone. Now we are basically gone ( minus our bases). There is no blaming the democrats or Republicans. The Iraqi's hold their own future.

Obama claimed Victory just like any other President would have, who happened to be using Bushes timeline for an exit. Obama just happened to be in the seat at the time of us leaving.

Anymore hack questions, hack?

I tend not to value your opinion...:lol:

It sounds great, the US pulling out of Iraq but a premature pull-out for political reason may prove to have been a mistake...Sadly, the Obama Administration negotiating abilities are lacking, I agree with you on that..

------------:eusa_doh:

A series of blasts in Baghdad have killed at least 23 people and injured dozens more in a co-ordinated attack designed to wreak havoc across the Iraqi capital.

The blasts were the worst violence to hit the country since a political crisis between Iraq's Sunni and Shiite factions erupted last weekend.

The political spat, which pits Iraq's Shiite prime minister against the highest-ranking Sunni political leader, has raised fears that Iraq's sectarian wounds will be reopened.

Iraq bombs kill 23 as series of blasts hit Baghdad | World news | guardian.co.uk

well no, because the Iraqi government has repeatedly said they wanted us gone. Now we are basically gone ( minus our bases). There is no blaming the democrats or Republicans. The Iraqi's hold their own future.

Obama claimed Victory just like any other President would have, who happened to be using Bushes timeline for an exit. Obama just happened to be in the seat at the time of us leaving.

It sounds great, the US pulling out of Iraq but a premature pull-out for political reason may prove to have been a mistake...Sadly, the Obama Administration negotiating abilities are lacking, I agree with you on that..

A series of blasts in Baghdad have killed at least 23 people and injured dozens more in a co-ordinated attack designed to wreak havoc across the Iraqi capital.

The blasts were the worst violence to hit the country since a political crisis between Iraq's Sunni and Shiite factions erupted last weekend.

The political spat, which pits Iraq's Shiite prime minister against the highest-ranking Sunni political leader, has raised fears that Iraq's sectarian wounds will be reopened.

Iraq bombs kill 23 as series of blasts hit Baghdad | World news | guardian.co.uk
You made a great call. Didn't take long, did it?

I was wishing for the best but the odds from my perspective and many others, kinda stink..

I was wishing for the best but the odds from my perspective and many others, kinda stink..

The scenario is the most predictable one...Now a question remains...will Iran see oppritunity?

Any failure in Iraq now will not be Obama's fault or Bush's fault.

Obama was successful in doing what he said he would do.....leave Iraq.

We left it with better promise than when we entered it.

What happens now is up to the Iraqis.

I dont believe Obama ever claimed that when we leave, it will stay free and sovereign.

He did what 54% of the people voted for him to do. Leave.

I will debate anyone who starts off with the "see, Obama screwed it all up" rhetoric.

We have more important fish to fry.

When did Obama claim victory?

Wait a second here mmm... maybe he didn't, perhaps he just said he fulfilled his campaign promise and left it at that, regardless of victory..I'll have to read up on that..

Obama did not take credit for the withdraw of troops from Iraq. He announced they were coming home at the request of Iraq. Now it is up to them to deal with it. We can not babysit a nation as it tries and becomes a democracy. The nation is going to be a nation of unrest forever. The middle East is no place for us. Lets stay home and get our country back on track and count on our national guard which could be expanded to help stop the boggymen that are everywhere. I know they exist but fear tactics are bull. We have always made enemies and we just have to be better with our intelligence.

I tend to believe Iraq will fail and Obama/Democrats will be looking for someone to blame.

but.. we shall see

-----------------------------:dunno:

An Iraqi leader Monday called for urgent talks to prevent the "collapse" of a unity government after its Sunni Vice President was barred from foreign travel in an unfolding crisis as US troops withdrew.

Barely a day after American forces completed their pullout, two of Iraq's main political blocs were at loggerheads, with Vice President Tareq al-Hashemi and Deputy Prime Minister Saleh al-Mutlak, both Sunni members of the secular Iraqiya bloc, coming under pressure from the Shiite-led authorities.

A judicial committee said on Monday that Hashemi was not allowed to leave the country, and several of his bodyguards have been detained in connection with terror attacks, while Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki has moved for Mutlak to be sacked.

http://english.ahram.org.eg/~/NewsC...Iraq-leader-warns-of-political-collapse-.aspx

The very moment Republicans helped Iraqi's to make Islam the National Religion as stated in their constitution and put women in Burkas is the moment Iraq was declared a failure.

And "yes" Virginia, it really is "just that simple".

FROM 2005. Republicans controlled both houses, the presidency and had a majority in the Supreme Court. No way to squirm their way out of this one.

Article 2:

First: Islam is the official religion of the State and it is a fundamental source of legislation:

A. No law that contradicts the established provisions of Islam may be established.

Full Text of Iraqi Constitution

When did Obama claim victory?

Wait a second here mmm... maybe he didn't, perhaps he just said he fulfilled his campaign promise and left it at that, regardless of victory..I'll have to read up on that..
More to the point? He never supported victory on any front...

Obama Takes Credit for Success of the "Dumb War" in Iraq

Forum List

Back