Obama -The By-pass Congress president

Nova78

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2011
Colorado
Obama weighing executive action on guns | Political Headlines | Comcast

Obama weighing executive action on guns
Facing powerful opposition to sweeping gun regulations, President Barack Obama is weighing 19 steps he could take through executive action alone, congressional officials said.

Basically he telling America ,I do not give a shit what anyone says ,I do as I please. My fellow Americans you have re elected a Dictator.

Dictator-A person granted absolute emergency power. One holding complete autocratic control . One ruling absolutely and often oppressively. Has a fierce stranglehold on the country, keeping its people in poverty and ignorance.

$pict27.jpg

Naw, he's saying Congress can't act, so I'll do what I can with the power the executive branch has. If Congress doesn't like whatever he does, they can legistate over it. If whatever he does is deemed unconstitutional the courts can overturn it.

Whatever he does, grab some popcorn, sit back and enjoy the show.

Facing powerful opposition to sweeping gun regulations, President Barack Obama is weighing 19 steps he could take through executive action alone, congressional officials said.

Basically he telling America ,I do not give a shit what anyone says ,I do as I please. My fellow Americans you have re elected a Dictator.

Dictator-A person granted absolute emergency power. One holding complete autocratic control . One ruling absolutely and often oppressively. Has a fierce stranglehold on the country, keeping its people in poverty and ignorance.

View attachment 23816

Okay, quiz time. Which of these actions, from your own link, is unconstitutional or dictatorial? Which one is outside his executive authority?

The steps could include ordering stricter action against people who lie on gun sale background checks, seeking to ensure more complete records in the federal background check database, striking limits on federal research into gun use, ordering tougher penalties against gun trafficking, and giving schools flexibility to use grant money to improve safety.

So...Obama's issuing of 143 Executive Orders during the first 4 years of his presidency makes him the "By-pass Congress President?"

G.W. Bush issued 117 of them during his first 4 years, and 290 overall. What does that make him? His father, G.H.W. Bush issued 165 of them during his single, four year term and Ronald Reagan had 380 of them during his 2 terms. What are they?

Executive Orders Disposition Tables Index

View attachment 23816

Every President in history has exercised executive authority.

View attachment 23816

No it's not.

And congress is the one acting as if we are in emergency after emergency. They are also shirking their constitutional responsibilities to govern, legislate, set policy or much of anything else.

View attachment 23816

Okay, quiz time. Which of these actions, from your own link, is unconstitutional or dictatorial? Which one is outside his executive authority?

The steps could include ordering stricter action against people who lie on gun sale background checks, seeking to ensure more complete records in the federal background check database, striking limits on federal research into gun use, ordering tougher penalties against gun trafficking, and giving schools flexibility to use grant money to improve safety.

1. striking limits on federal research into gun use
AFAIK, this is a law passed by congress and therefore outside of executive authority. That means that this would fit under the quoted posts claims.

Now, before you jump my shit, I agree that such a law should be rescinded as it is asinine to limit the gathering of data BUT that was not what you asked. Tell me if I am incorrect on this...

2. ordering tougher penalties against gun trafficking
Is this not in the Judicial area? AFAIK, the president alone does not identify sentencing or any other type of punishment for crimes. Congress and the president can pass law setting sentencing but I didnt think that the president could do this alone???

Texas Republican Rep. Steve Stockman threatened Monday afternoon that he would file articles of impeachment against President Barack Obama if he institutes gun control measures with an executive order.
Stockman warned that such executive orders would be “unconstitutional” and “infringe on our constitutionally-protected right to keep and bear arms.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Texas Republican Rep. Steve Stockman threatened Monday afternoon that he would file articles of impeachment against President Barack Obama if he institutes gun control measures with an executive order.
Stockman warned that such executive orders would be “unconstitutional” and “infringe on our constitutionally-protected right to keep and bear arms.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Yay! More obstruction from the right!

You remember when Bush used them, they called him a dictator..

Now they all LOVE them that Obama is using them..143 already in four years..
what does that tell you folks?

you can only shake your head

THE EXECUTIVE ORDER

THE NEW DANGERS

A Presidential Executive Order, whether Constitutional or not, becomes law simply by its publication in the Federal Registry. Congress is by-passed. Here are just a few Executive Orders that would suspend the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. These Executive Orders have been on record for nearly 30 years and could be enacted by the stroke of a Presidential pen:

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10990 allows the government to take over all modes of transportation and control of highways and seaports.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10995 allows the government to seize and control the communication media.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10997 allows the government to take over all electrical power, gas, petroleum, fuels and minerals.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10998 allows the government to take over all food resources and farms.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11000 allows the government to mobilize civilians into work brigades under government supervision.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11001 allows the government to take over all health, education and welfare functions.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11002 designates the Postmaster General to operate a national registration of all persons.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11003 allows the government to take over all airports and aircraft, including commercial aircraft.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11004 allows the Housing and Finance Authority to relocate communities, build new housing with public funds, designate areas to be abandoned, and establish new locations for populations.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11005 allows the government to take over railroads, inland waterways and public storage facilities.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11051 specifies the responsibility of the Office of Emergency Planning and gives authorization to put all Executive Orders into effect in times of increased international tensions and economic or financial crisis.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11310 grants authority to the Department of Justice to enforce the plans set out in Executive Orders, to institute industrial support, to establish judicial and legislative liaison, to control all aliens, to operate penal and correctional institutions, and to advise and assist the President

View attachment 23816

He's a Dick Tater.

Naw, he's saying Congress can't act, so I'll do what I can with the power the executive branch has. If Congress doesn't like whatever he does, they can legistate over it. If whatever he does is deemed unconstitutional the courts can overturn it.

Whatever he does, grab some popcorn, sit back and enjoy the show.

except for the little fact that congress CAN act and he knows it, they just won't act the way Dick Tater wants em to act.

THE EXECUTIVE ORDER

THE NEW DANGERS

A Presidential Executive Order, whether Constitutional or not, becomes law simply by its publication in the Federal Registry. Congress is by-passed. Here are just a few Executive Orders that would suspend the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. These Executive Orders have been on record for nearly 30 years and could be enacted by the stroke of a Presidential pen:

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10990 allows the government to take over all modes of transportation and control of highways and seaports.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10995 allows the government to seize and control the communication media.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10997 allows the government to take over all electrical power, gas, petroleum, fuels and minerals.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10998 allows the government to take over all food resources and farms.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11000 allows the government to mobilize civilians into work brigades under government supervision.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11001 allows the government to take over all health, education and welfare functions.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11002 designates the Postmaster General to operate a national registration of all persons.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11003 allows the government to take over all airports and aircraft, including commercial aircraft.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11004 allows the Housing and Finance Authority to relocate communities, build new housing with public funds, designate areas to be abandoned, and establish new locations for populations.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11005 allows the government to take over railroads, inland waterways and public storage facilities.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11051 specifies the responsibility of the Office of Emergency Planning and gives authorization to put all Executive Orders into effect in times of increased international tensions and economic or financial crisis.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11310 grants authority to the Department of Justice to enforce the plans set out in Executive Orders, to institute industrial support, to establish judicial and legislative liaison, to control all aliens, to operate penal and correctional institutions, and to advise and assist the President

The first one on your list. John F. Kennedy: Executive Order 10990

You've been duped.

snopes.com: President Obama's 923 Executive Orders

So...Obama's issuing of 143 Executive Orders during the first 4 years of his presidency makes him the "By-pass Congress President?"

G.W. Bush issued 117 of them during his first 4 years, and 290 overall. What does that make him? His father, G.H.W. Bush issued 165 of them during his single, four year term and Ronald Reagan had 380 of them during his 2 terms. What are they?

Executive Orders Disposition Tables Index

Hey, you forgot the king daddy usurper of all: FDR with 3,728 EO's. He made King George look like the founder of this country.

View attachment 23816

Bus asking someone to show photo ID at a voting booth is an Unconstitutional infringement of their "right to vote"?

You see the problem, don't you?

THE EXECUTIVE ORDER

THE NEW DANGERS

The first one on your list. John F. Kennedy: Executive Order 10990

You've been duped.

snopes.com: President Obama's 923 Executive Orders

That article was written in 1995. I wasn't referring to O or Kennedy. If you noticed, both parties were implicated:

"Many of the Executive Orders cited here have been on the books for over a quarter of a century and have not been applied. Therefore, what makes them more dangerous today than yesteryear? There has been a steady, consistent series of new Executive Orders, originating from President Richard Nixon and added to by Presidents Ronald Reagan, Jimmy Carter and George Bush that provide an ominous Orwellian portrait, the portrait of George Orwell's 1984."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back