Obama the Anti-Christ....really?

REVxERIK

CLASSIC LIBERAL
Sep 2, 2009
So one thing i hear is "I hate Obama, he's the anti-christ!" hmmm. I have a little brain twister for ya. In the bible, one thing jesus preached was love your neighbor. He stood for love. Now the word anti, meaning opposing or opposite, applied to christ is like saying oppose love, or "hate" if you will. So by this logic those who "hate" Obama, your neighbor, are opposing jesus's position which is love thy neighbor. So saying you hate Obama, is going against jesus. So doesn't that mean Obama haters are the actual Anti-Christs? "I hate Obama, he's the Anti-Christ" this makes these people giant hypocrites. And really, looking at it in one other way, hating someone because their ideals are different- makes you ignorant and intolerant. And if this hits a nerve of anyone, I do apologize for the inconvenience of logic. Edit- I am NOT an obamatron, i just think christians should take their own advice. Also this is meant in a literal sense.

So one thing i hear is "I hate Obama, he's the anti-christ!" hmmm. I have a little brain twister for ya. In the bible, one thing jesus preached was love your neighbor. He stood for love. Now the word anti, meaning opposing or opposite, applied to christ is like saying oppose love, or "hate" if you will. So by this logic those who "hate" Obama, your neighbor, are opposing jesus's position which is love thy neighbor. So saying you hate Obama, is going against jesus. So doesn't that mean Obama haters are the actual Anti-Christs? "I hate Obama, he's the Anti-Christ" this makes these people giant hypocrites. And really, looking at it in one other way, hating someone because their ideals are different- makes you ignorant and intolerant. And if this hits a nerve of anyone, I do apologize for the inconvenience of logic. Edit- I am NOT an obamatron, i just think christians should take their own advice. Also this is meant in a literal sense.

If Obama is the antichrist, I doubt any Christian will love him.

If Obama is the antichrist, I doubt any Christian will love him.

sigh....:razz:

Pretty crappy brain twister.

If indeed Obama were the Anti-Christ (I don't believe he is, but whatever), he would be the personification of what it is indeed appropriate to hate (sin and evil). As Christians, we are to love each other, and hate sin.

Pretty crappy brain twister.

If indeed Obama were the Anti-Christ (I don't believe he is, but whatever), he would be the personification of what it is indeed appropriate to hate (sin and evil). As Christians, we are to love each other, and hate sin.

yeah the whole twist in the brain was kind of a joke, it's a fairly simple concept. you make a good point, i just believe the chances of him being the anti-christ are pretty low so hating him is not christian of christians.

A false prophet maybe, the anti Christ, nah. Probably a little directive going on in the spirit as he calls America arrogant in such places as France during his speeches. Then again there are a few arrogant Americans. Personally I do not appreciate a president that is so willing to throw all Americans into that arrogant category and under the bus.

The antichrist is described in Daniel. The antichrist denies Jesus. Recalling the scriptures it says many antichrist are now in the world. Jews back in the time Jesus walked in the flesh here claimed Jesus had a devil.

Jesus told them if you love me you will keep my commandments. He did not at any time say that His followers should be ignorant. Though there are those here on this site that would like you to believe that is what He meant when He said, Love thy neighbor as thyself. See we all have a different idea of what that love means. Jesus said, If you keep my commandments you will abide in my love.

The anitchrist is also a spirit that denies God the Father and His son Jesus. Since many cannot recognize that it is a spirit they have no clue what it is that they deny or accept.

God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Am I required as a Believer to accept the nasty little spirits within another? No I am not. It is not a requirement for me to love these things within another that they allow to rule over them.

A false prophet maybe, the anti Christ, nah. Probably a little directive going on in the spirit as he calls America arrogant in such places as France during his speeches. Then again there are a few arrogant Americans. Personally I do not appreciate a president that is so willing to throw all Americans into that arrogant category and under the bus.

The antichrist is described in Daniel. The antichrist denies Jesus. Recalling the scriptures it says many antichrist are now in the world. Jews back in the time Jesus walked in the flesh here claimed Jesus had a devil.

Jesus told them if you love me you will keep my commandments. He did not at any time say that His followers should be ignorant. Though there are those here on this site that would like you to believe that is what He meant when He said, Love thy neighbor as thyself. See we all have a different idea of what that love means. Jesus said, If you keep my commandments you will abide in my love.

The anitchrist is also a spirit that denies God the Father and His son Jesus. Since many cannot recognize that it is a spirit they have no clue what it is that they deny or accept.

God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Am I required as a Believer to accept the nasty little spirits within another? No I am not. It is not a requirement for me to love these things within another that they allow to rule over them.

hmmmm. you're very insightful. i appreciate the input:clap2:

hating someone because their ideals are different- makes you ignorant and intolerant.

Thank you, REVxERIK. You have cleared up a lot of things I have been wondering about. I quoted your exact words because I believe they are so true. Now I can say I honestly know why liberal Democrats hate conservatives and people like Limbaugh, Hannity, O'Reilly and Beck. I used to wonder why but I don't any more. Again, thanks!

hating someone because their ideals are different- makes you ignorant and intolerant.

Thank you, REVxERIK. You have cleared up a lot of things I have been wondering about. I quoted your exact words because I believe they are so true. Now I can say I honestly know why liberal Democrats hate conservatives and people like Limbaugh, Hannity, O'Reilly and Beck. I used to wonder why but I don't any more. Again, thanks!

they are true! thanks! though i don't like beck or limbaugh( i don't really know hannity) hating them would be intolerant of me. conservatives and liberals will probably never agree, that's understandable. But hating each other for it is absurd. and

Forum List

Back