Obama; "The American People Dont Want Crazy"

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
This is one of the things I like about Obama. While he does hold to some radical ideas, he I think still believes in Free Speech, the Bill of Rights, rule of law and the Constitution. I.E. he is not a full blown Marxist.

But will the DNC and Democrat rank and file listen?

Obama takes veiled shot at Warren and Sanders, warns 2020 Dems Americans don’t want to ‘tear down the system’

Former President Barack Obama on Friday warned 2020 Democratic presidential hopefuls to pay attention to what voters actually think -- warning that most of them don’t want to “tear down the system.”

“The average American doesn't think we have to completely tear down the system and remake it. And I think it's important for us not to lose sight of that,” Obama said....

“There are a lot of persuadable voters and there are a lot of Democrats out there who just want to see things make sense. They just don't want to see crazy stuff," he said. "They want to see things a little more fair, they want to see things a little more just. And how we approach that I think will be important.”

The two-term Democratic president made the remarks at a gathering of the Democracy Alliance, a group of wealthy Democratic donors. He was interviewed by Stacey Abrams, who lost Georgia’s gubernatorial race last year...

On Friday, he did not mention any candidates by name, but did cite immigration and health care reform as examples of where Democrats may be out of sync with the broader electorate....

“Even as we push the envelope and we are bold in our vision, we also have to be rooted in reality and the fact that voters, including the Democratic voters and certainly persuadable independents or even moderate Republicans, are not driven by the same views that are reflected on certain, you know, left-leaning Twitter feeds,” Obama said.​

This is one of the things I like about Obama. While he does hold to some radical ideas, he I think still believes in Free Speech, the Bill of Rights, rule of law and the Constitution. I.E. he is not a full blown Marxist.

Obama takes veiled shot at Warren and Sanders, warns 2020 Dems Americans don’t want to ‘tear down the system’

Former President Barack Obama on Friday warned 2020 Democratic presidential hopefuls to pay attention to what voters actually think -- warning that most of them don’t want to “tear down the system.”

“The average American doesn't think we have to completely tear down the system and remake it. And I think it's important for us not to lose sight of that,” Obama said....

“There are a lot of persuadable voters and there are a lot of Democrats out there who just want to see things make sense. They just don't want to see crazy stuff," he said. "They want to see things a little more fair, they want to see things a little more just. And how we approach that I think will be important.”

The two-term Democratic president made the remarks at a gathering of the Democracy Alliance, a group of wealthy Democratic donors. He was interviewed by Stacey Abrams, who lost Georgia’s gubernatorial race last year...

On Friday, he did not mention any candidates by name, but did cite immigration and health care reform as examples of where Democrats may be out of sync with the broader electorate....

“Even as we push the envelope and we are bold in our vision, we also have to be rooted in reality and the fact that voters, including the Democratic voters and certainly persuadable independents or even moderate Republicans, are not driven by the same views that are reflected on certain, you know, left-leaning Twitter feeds,” Obama said.​

Yes, we know the aristocracy is getting nervous. Good.

I think you are being too kind. Obama did everything he could during his 8 years to tear down and tear apart the country. His goal was to weaken America and make us conform to the New World Order. The only reason he is changing his tune now IMO is desperation to save the tattered remnants of his legacy.

"The American people don't want crazy"

No shit, they want the gov't to be focused on the issues that matter most to them, rather this partisan bullshit that the Dems have been doing for the past 3 years. Granted, Trump is a big part of that, but no other president in modern times has had to put up with the constant outright lies and fake news that he has to deal with. Yeah, it's a tough job and you better have a thick skin, and he obviously doesn't. But there are 2 sides involved with this craziness, not to mention the ridiculous MSM that has utterly failed to be anywhere near close to objective in their coverage.

It is my honest opinion that Trump would much rather be working with the Dems to get things done that badly need to be addressed. They decided to take another road, leaving him little choice but to do what he's doing.

He says it only in hopes of saving their own desires to some degree. He sees they have publicly shown their true colors and wants them to dial back to a slower pace, so they don’t squander everything his party has gained so far. He is doing it out of self preservation only. He doesn’t really believe as you stated he does there.

I think you are being too kind. Obama did everything he could during his 8 years to tear down and tear apart the country. His goal was to weaken America and make us conform to the New World Order. The only reason he is changing his tune now IMO is desperation to save the tattered remnants of his legacy.
E-e-e-e-e-xactly.
Obama is a narcissist hypocrite. More of a narcissist than even trump. He just comes by it more subtly.

E-e-e-e-e-xactly.
Obama is a narcissist hypocrite. More of a narcissist than even trump. He just comes by it more subtly.
That's what con men do. They subtly gain your confidence and then screw you over. Trump is right in your face, what you see is what you get.

I like you belive Obama to be an evil and destructive son of a bitch. He never earned an honest nickle in his entire miserable existence but chose to prey on others and mooch on the taxpayer tit instead. To a large extent he preyed on members of his own race.

A guy who's business partner and political adviser (Bill Ayers) was a genuine mad bomber and domestic terrorist wants to lecture us about crazy? If Obama didn't want crazy why did he hire a guy that had two brain embolisms to be V.P. On a bad day Biden can't even put a sentence together and acts in an inappropriate way such as slapping Hillary on the ass.

It was so much better before Obama was sworn in when we were losing 745,000 jobs a month and the DOW was 8,000. How did he tear down America and why are you the only one knows this?

E-e-e-e-e-xactly.

Even as someone who liked Obama compared to Trump I agree. Obama tried to hide it, but tried to be for the "working man". Trump doesn't give two fucks. I think the only times he's being honest is when he talks about the working class vs. the rich.

I like you belive Obama to be an evil and destructive son of a bitch. He never earned an honest nickle in his entire miserable existence but chose to prey on others and mooch on the taxpayer tit instead. To a large extent he preyed on members of his own race.
I've read a lot of Obama's childhood. He had a very unstable childhood and was raised by very radical people one of which was a card carrying Communist. It is not a coincidence that he has always surrounded himself with anti-American haters.

I think you are being too kind. Obama did everything he could during his 8 years to tear down and tear apart the country. His goal was to weaken America and make us conform to the New World Order.
Obama could have let the financial crisis in 2008 simply rot, but he did not. Instead he took decisive action that most people could not grasp or misinterpreted till later (yes, the latter one is me).
Obama is a lefty Globalist who thinks that America needs to blend in more with the rest of the world and take our 'rightful place' among leaders of the world, kind of the leftwing alternative to conservativ-ish W Bush and that whole family of patriotic Globalists.
I want to have an accurate understanding of these people so we can more effectively dismantle the Globalist Empire. I do not think that ideological caricatures are useful in that respect.
Both W Bush and Obama wanted to serve our nation in ways consistent with their world views, but I disagree with significance aspects of those views.
I think we should pursue a Global vision that is led by a confederation of free and independent nations that share democracy, rule of law, guaranteed civil rights, women's suffrage, protection for homos and trans weirdos, and the right to protect yourself and bear arms in public.
I do not believe that both of them, tools of their respective side of the Globalist coin, recognized all those rights whole heartedly, i.e. they recognized those rights in public speeches while campaigning for office, but never expended any political capitol to promote them.

But Obama was, in my opinion, clearly a patriot, as was Bush, and never betrayed our nation, and I pray to the Creator that he had no hand in the coup attempt against Trump.

I've read a lot of Obama's childhood. He had a very unstable childhood and was raised by very radical people one of which was a card carrying Communist. It is not a coincidence that he has always surrounded himself with anti-American haters.
I think that is the impact of their policies but not a motivational aspect of their thinking.

They thought they were saving America, and in some cases did, but that is ideological thinking for you; continuing to do what is showing negative results because you think it will eventually work because you are totally immersed in your ideological world view.

Even as someone who liked Obama compared to Trump I agree. Obama tried to hide it, but tried to be for the "working man". Trump doesn't give two fucks. I think the only times he's being honest is when he talks about the working class vs. the rich.
I think Trump wants to be seen as a hero, but he also thinks that Americans have been getting fooked for the last four decades and he genuinely wants to fix that.

Forum List

Back