Obama thanks Islam for its great contribution to American history.....

However, though the ancients did not name it, they were using it all the time and in everyday activities. Just because someone isolated it and gave it a name does not make them the one who introduced it to civilization.

Not exactly... pre-Islamic societies only used the most rudimentary algebraic expressions, if they could be called that.

History of Algebra

Muslin contribution in American history? And that would be WHAT?

1/3 of slaves taken from Africa were Muslims; Muslims made great contributions to the Civil Rights movement.

Muslin contribution in American history? And that would be WHAT?

muhamad ali......was one claim......

Indeed.. how many jews can you claim to have become an icon of the American Civil Rights movement in such a fashion as the American Hero Mohamed Ali?

I'll wait for your list of names..

:eusa_whistle:

at least one, andrew goodman, but he wasn't quite as cool as mr ali.
he only gave his life.

you really are quite the piece of work, short round.

muhamad ali......was one claim......

Indeed.. how many jews can you claim to have become an icon of the American Civil Rights movement in such a fashion as the American Hero Mohamed Ali?

he only gave his life.

hey, I have all the respect in the world for Goodman's sacrifice. As I mentioned yesterday, there was a time when I could respect jewish american input void of racist zionism. Case in point.

Now, are you suggesting that Goodman's example invalidates the very nature of Mohamed Ali's purely American tale?

he only gave his life.

hey, I have all the respect in the world for Goodman's sacrifice. As I mentioned yesterday, there was a time when I could respect jewish american input void of racist zionism. Case in point.

Now, are you suggesting that Goodman's example invalidates the very nature of Mohamed Ali's purely American tale?

feel free to quote where i said any such thing.

don't trip over your feet backpedaling.

he only gave his life.

Fair enough.

To convey the difference between myself and the usual hebrew throng I'll waste no time in respecting Goodman's example. How many from those who've posted thus far do you think will make the same concessions about a Muslim American like Ali?

Fair enough.

To convey the difference between myself and the usual hebrew throng I'll waste no time in respecting Goodman's example. How many from those who've posted thus far do you think will make the same concessions about a Muslim American like Ali?

ali is sui generis. i've met no one in my life who did not have respect for him, however grudging. i would expect the same reaction here.

Del, you know I'm not a sports fan, thus why I have probably never paid attention to him more than the mention of the name, I was just wondering if that's the one everyone is talking about.

Del, you know I'm not a sports fan, thus why I have probably never paid attention to him more than the mention of the name, I was just wondering if that's the one everyone is talking about.

yes he was quite the good boxer.....possibly the greatest of all time....

and had an interesting history with malcom x and the nation of islam.....Why Ali betrayed Malcolm X

Forum List

Back