mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
r

Obama thanks Egypt's president over embassy protection

CAIRO | Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:00am EDT

(Reuters) - President Barack Obama has thanked the Egyptian president for securing the U.S. Embassy during protests against a film made in the United States that mocked Prophet Mohammad and sparked worldwide demonstrations and violence.

Obama's rival in the U.S. presidential race, Mitt Romney, called for a tougher line with Egypt after protesters scaled the compound wall and tore down the U.S. flag on September 11.

Police clashed with demonstrators for four days after that incident and barriers were erected to stop them getting near the compound.

In a letter, Obama repeated Washington's condemnation of the film and said he looked forward to working with President Mohamed Mursi to build on the "strategic partnership", Mursi's official Facebook page said on Sunday.

"In his letter, President Obama thanked the Egyptian president for Egyptian efforts to secure the mission of the United States in Cairo," according to the site.

Egypt was a close ally of the United States under Hosni Mubarak, whose 30-year rule was ended by a popular uprising last year.

Obama thanks Egypt's president over embassy protection | Reuters

At the same time this prick in Egypt is telling us we in the U.S. need to change Obama is thanking him.

Egypt’s New Leader Spells Out Terms for U.S.-Arab Ties

sub-jp-morsi-articleLarge.jpg

By DAVID D. KIRKPATRICK and STEVEN ERLANGER
Published: September 22, 2012 1169 Comments

CAIRO — On the eve of his first trip to the United States as Egypt’s new Islamist president, Mohamed Morsi said the United States needed to fundamentally change its approach to the Arab world, showing greater respect for its values and helping build a Palestinian state, if it hoped to overcome decades of pent-up anger.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/23/w...i-spells-out-terms-for-us-arab-ties.html?_r=0

Obama calls serious concerns of Nuclear Iran just "Noise"

President Obama was asked on 60 Minutes Sunday: “You‘re saying you don’t feel any pressure from Prime Minister Netanyahu in the middle of a campaign, to try to get you to change your policy and draw a line in the sand…?”

The president responded:

“When it comes to our national security decisions—any pressure that I feel is simply to do what’s right for the American people. And I am going to block out any noise that’s out there. Now I feel an obligation, not pressure but obligation, to make sure that we’re in close consultation with the Israelis—on these issues because it affects them deeply. They’re one of our closest allies in the region. And we’ve got an Iranian regime that has said horrible things that directly threaten Israel’s existence.” [Emphasis added]

Obama also responded to Mitt Romney’s criticism of his foreign policy as “a policy of paralysis,” saying: “If Gov. Romney is suggesting that we should start another war, he should say so.”​

Obama Calls Red Line for Iran ‘Noise’ to ‘Block Out’ on CBS 60 Minutes Interview | Israel | Video | TheBlaze.com

Obama has been blocking out noise and has remained uninvolved most of his life. That's all his presidency has been. He tends to ignore reality.

In keeping with this Obama has refused to meet with Israel but he will be appearing on "The View" this week. Last week it was "David Letterman".

Last edited:

President Obama was asked on 60 Minutes Sunday: “You‘re saying you don’t feel any pressure from Prime Minister Netanyahu in the middle of a campaign, to try to get you to change your policy and draw a line in the sand…?”

The president responded:

“When it comes to our national security decisions—any pressure that I feel is simply to do what’s right for the American people. And I am going to block out any noise that’s out there. Now I feel an obligation, not pressure but obligation, to make sure that we’re in close consultation with the Israelis—on these issues because it affects them deeply. They’re one of our closest allies in the region. And we’ve got an Iranian regime that has said horrible things that directly threaten Israel’s existence.” [Emphasis added]

Obama also responded to Mitt Romney’s criticism of his foreign policy as “a policy of paralysis,” saying: “If Gov. Romney is suggesting that we should start another war, he should say so.”​

Obama Calls Red Line for Iran ‘Noise’ to ‘Block Out’ on CBS 60 Minutes Interview | Israel | Video | TheBlaze.com

Obama has been blocking out noise and has remained uninvolved most of his life. That's all his presidency has been. He tends to ignore reality.

Interesting interpretation of his words.

If I take out the unnecessary words in between, he also said;
When it comes to our national security
what’s right
that we should
directly threaten Israel’s existence
Oh My God!!!
He intends to invade Israel!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

The president responded:

Interesting interpretation of his words.

If I take out the unnecessary words in between, he also said;
When it comes to our national security

that we should
directly threaten Israel’s existence
Oh My God!!!
He intends to invade Israel!!!!!!!!

You think criminal negligence is funny?

I bet you thought the Muslim Brotherhood was harmless and that al Qaeda was defeated too.

I have news for you bud, actions speak louder than words. Obama's actions show me he isn't serious about fighting terrorism and you fall for his rhetoric every time he claims to be on the job.

He isn't.

You should go to ground-zero in Tel Aviv and hope that Hamas doesn't set off a nuke there.

Last edited:
Robert Gibbs Claims the administration did not “intentionally or unintentionally” mislead the American people.

Seems like Gibbs is nether admitting or refuting claims that the Obama Administration intentionally misled the public.

I can't see how you can say you did not intentionally or unintentionally mislead the American people.....but with these folks you need to start an entirely new language. I'm just trying to think of a name for it.

All of the diversions and outright rationalizations of these folks needs a dictionary to explain them.

Robert Gibbs: White House Did Not Intentionally Mislead on Libya, Egypt 9/11 Attacks | Video | TheBlaze.com

Pulling the Islamic Viel over Americas' Eyes

Why would U.S. diplomats apologize to violent Muslims, on of all days 9/11, for America's sacred right of free speech? They were following a new protocol negotiated between Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and the Saudi-based Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC), an alliance of 56 Muslim nations.

In December, Clinton met behind closed doors in Washington with OIC officials to hammer out "mechanisms" for enforcing a U.N. resolution the administration signed to fight "Islamophobia" in America and other Western nations.

The three-day session was closed to the public.

However, the Homeland Security and Defense departments and the FBI have since purged thousands of counterterrorism training materials that Muslim reviewers complained pushed "negative stereotypes" of Islam.

Sanitized material included anything defining jihad as "holy war." In addition, courses on radical Islam have been canceled, and some instructors and trainers have been fired or disciplined.

U.S. Embassy Apologies Reflect Obama's Anti-'Islamophobia' Policy - Investors.com

Last edited:
Another good reason why never to trust conservatives with foreign policy is illustrated by this thread.

They believe that only two nations exist in this world..Israel and America. Everything else isn't legit for them.

England made the same misjudgment in thinking that they could buy their peace by giving Germany Poland too. There were more than two countries in the world, why not let this one little pissant go.

As much as muslims hate Israel and Jews, they still consider the United States the Great Satan.

Another good reason why never to trust conservatives with foreign policy is illustrated by this thread.

They believe that only two nations exist in this world..Israel and America. Everything else isn't legit for them.

Consider yourself lucky Swallow.

It's clear you're the result of a failed abortion.

I think somebody sucked your brain out of your skull before you were born.

Last edited:
obama thanks Morsi, and Morsi tells obama the conditions that American must comply with.

I am sick of hearing our presidential candidates talk endlessly about Israel.

Israel is not our 51st state nor is it's defence mentioned in the Constitution.

They need them to focus on the U.S. and our problems.

Not some small foreign nation that doesn't mean squat to the average American citizen. :mad:

Iran and islamo-facisim IS our number one problem. It's just the same problem Israel has. It isn't Israel that wants to repeal the Bill of Rights.

I bet you thought the Muslim Brotherhood was harmless and that al Qaeda was defeated too.

I have news for you bud, actions speak louder than words. Obama's actions show me he isn't serious about fighting terrorism and you fall for his rhetoric every time he claims to be on the job.

He isn't.

You should go to ground-zero in Tel Aviv and hope that Hamas doesn't set off a nuke there.

The Republicans put the Muslim Brotherhood in control of Egypt.

What security? the "security" the Egyptians provided our Embassy was lackluster and half assed, and we are thanking them for that?

It wasn't lackluster. It was absent. There was none. What saved the embassy personnel is that they left. The embassy at the time of the attack was empty. This makes obama's "thanks" so stupid.

He isn't.

The Republicans put the Muslim Brotherhood in control of Egypt.

obama's a republican! Who knew?

Forum List

Back