Obama Tells Black Fathers to Step Up

I painted a picture of the farcical nature of Eagles assumptions about liberals and sex ed. If my vocab disturbs you then feel free to block me. Either way, and lie if you want to, you were out trying to do what every 16 year old with raging hormones and intense curiosity was trying to do.

I suggest you listen to "Paradise by the dashboard light" and admit how, once again, you must bow in the presence of my phenomenal insight and mastery of logic.

I never denied it.

I don't need to block you. I'm just pointing out how you come across.

I'll tell you what my kids were told in private and then public school.

The best way to avoid pregnancy or stds is to abstain from sex. They got shown all kinds of things...women giving birth, the effects of AIDS on people, etc. Sweet stuff. They also were told how to avoid these things if their hormones overtook them.

Your children may have been taught the "comprehensive sexuality education" or "abstinence plus" approach...the new deceptive model...

Debates about sex education have focused on two different approaches: "safe sex" courses, which encourage teens to use contraceptives, especially condoms, when having sex, and abstinence education, which encourages teens to delay sexual activity.

In recent years, advocacy groups such as SIECUS (the Sex Information and Education Council of the United States) and Advocates for Youth have promoted another apparent alternative, entitled "comprehensive sexuality education" or "abstinence plus." These curricula allegedly take a middle position, providing a strong abstinence message while also teaching about contraception. In reality, this claim is misleading. Comprehensive sexuality education curricula contain little or no meaningful abstinence material; they are simply safe-sex programs repackaged under a new, deceptive label.

Abstinence programs teach that:

--Human sexuality is primarily emotional and psychological, not physical, in nature;

--In proper circumstances, sexual activity leads to long term emotional bonding between two individuals; and

--Sexual happiness is inherently linked to intimacy, love, and commitment--qualities found primarily within marriage.

Abstinence programs strongly encourage abstinence during the teen years, and preferably until marriage. They teach that casual sex at an early age not only poses serious threats of pregnancy and infection by sexually transmitted diseases, but also can undermine an individual's capacity to build loving, intimate relationships as an adult. These programs therefore encourage teen abstinence as a preparation and pathway to healthy adult marriage.

By contrast, comprehensive sex-ed curricula focus almost exclusively on teaching about contraception and encouraging teens to use it. These curricula neither discourage nor criticize teen sexual activity as long as "protection" is used. In general, they exhibit an acceptance of casual teen sex and do not encourage teens to wait until they are older to initiate sexual activity. For example, the curricula do not encourage teens to abstain until they have finished high school. "Protected" sex at an early age and sex with many different partners are not treated as problems. Sexuality is treated primarily as a physical phenomenon; the main message is to use condoms to prevent the physical problems of sexually transmitted diseases and pregnancy. Comprehensive sex-ed curricula ignore the vital linkages between sexuality, love, intimacy, and commitment. There is no discussion of the idea that sex is best within marriage.

What Do Parents Want Taught in Sex Education Programs?

ANOTHER bullshit Heritage foundation quote, dude?

sheesh..

anyway, Happy Fathers day to ya Screaming Eagle and learn what amounts to worthwhile evidence.

Your children may have been taught the "comprehensive sexuality education" or "abstinence plus" approach...the new deceptive model...

I don't know what they called it, but they know the only sure fire way to not get pregnant is to not have sex.

--Human sexuality is primarily emotional and psychological, not physical, in nature;

That's just plain stupid.

I don't know what they called it, but they know the only sure fire way to not get pregnant is to not have sex.

That's just plain stupid.

wow...you've still got a lot to learn...

obama just stole Bill Cosby's rap. You know the one that upset so many Black people a while back

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXrLnshM_ME]YouTube - Bill Cosby about Gangsta Rap, drugs and youth[/ame]

Chicago Tribune | Exploring race

BILL COSBY Strikes Again, Addresses Black Community in New Book - Black Voices Blogs

but once again if obama says it its OK i guess.

Not to mention that he has been stealing Sean Connery's movie lines from the untouchables

You wanna know how to get Capone? They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. *That's* the *Chicago* way! And that's how you get Capone. Now do you want to do that? Are you ready to do that? I'm offering you a deal. Do you want this deal?

i though he was the change guy and he can"t
even come up with his own witty quips

how come my friends that talk like you admit they r racist but bloggers won't?

do you talk about how mccain has an anger problem? you wouldn't vote for dean because of his speech. you guys ignore mccains faults and stretch to find nothing on obama. doesn't even have to be true. hey, is all life still precious? then why did michael reagan say he'd stick granades up baby muslims butts. the gop is evil and its followers are hateful and easily manipulated. you should move to w. virginia. keep you all in one place.

how come my friends that talk like you admit they r racist but bloggers won't?

do you talk about how mccain has an anger problem? you wouldn't vote for dean because of his speech. you guys ignore mccains faults and stretch to find nothing on obama. doesn't even have to be true. hey, is all life still precious? then why did michael reagan say he'd stick granades up baby muslims butts. the gop is evil and its followers are hateful and easily manipulated. you should move to w. virginia. keep you all in one place.

Are you talking to me? (Robert diniro from Taxi driver) See I'll give credit when i use a line that's not mine.

And since this thread is about BHO's speech, why would I be talking about McCain??

You just illustrate my point. All I did was ask a question as to why when Cosby said the same thing Obama did was he (Cosby) excoriated by the Black community while Obama is hailed as some kind of visionary?

I make a simple statement of fact and back it up with links and you call me a racist. Why is that?

i'm not calling you anything. i'm saying you sound like my friends. if you aer white and talking about cosby, you are either distracted or trying to make race an issue. if u r not racist, shame on you 4 making this an issue.

do you think blacks have a criminal gene? then why does 10 percent of population make up 90 percent of jail. r whites smarter than blacks? I went to a city schol. when I moved to the burbs, I was 2 yrs behind, and I had good parents. cosby makes good point, but so do the people who say the system is unfair. you can't judge all 20 yr olds the same when they didn't all get the same start. keep ignoring the fact that all kids r not given equal opportunity from the start.

Are you talking to me? (Robert diniro from Taxi driver) See I'll give credit when i use a line that's not mine.

And since this thread is about BHO's speech, why would I be talking about McCain??

You just illustrate my point. All I did was ask a question as to why when Cosby said the same thing Obama did was he (Cosby) excoriated by the Black community while Obama is hailed as some kind of visionary?

I make a simple statement of fact and back it up with links and you call me a racist. Why is that?

SP, the difference is in how they addressed their audiences. Obama was very able to speak directly to the blacks from a trusting perspective. Cosby, on the other hand, was not speaking about the identical thing, but the same issue, and he simply was not able to get his message across without being condescending and hateful. I know they seem like the same thing, but Obama's speech writers were more capable than Crosby. Simple as that.

Forum List

Back