Obama Team Continues Effort to Isolate Fox News

It's one thing to complain about it. It's quite another to use your presidential power to control the media and shut down the networks who refuse to stop reporting.

It's one thing to complain about it. It's quite another to use your presidential power to control the media and shut down the networks who refuse to stop reporting.

Funny- Cheney did the same thing- in reverse. He would almost exclusively appear/ be interviewed only on Fox, has to have all his hotel room television sets already on and tuned to Fox, etc.. being highly dismissive in general towards reporters, and clearly favoring FOX.

Rival Networks Scoff at Cheney's Preference for Fox | NewsBusters.org (Also notice this was written by a republican- Very biased)
USATODAY.com - Critics: Mishap shows Cheney's secretive side (democrat- balanced)

I think President Obama is just giving the network(s) (and republicans) a dose of their own.

Speaking of getting all whiny... Why is it okay with y'all when certain repugnantcans do this same thing, but suddenly it's not okay when the other side does it? :cuckoo:

To shut down Fox News? Did I get that right? Obama is trying to shut down Fox News?

If he wants to, he should try harder. He is barely trying to get the public option through. Imagine trying to shut down Fox News...

To shut down Fox News? Did I get that right? Obama is trying to shut down Fox News?

If he wants to, he should try harder. He is barely trying to get the public option through. Imagine trying to shut down Fox News...

:lol:

My understanding is that they just made some snide remark about FOX, and now FOX is being a bunch of crybabies about it.

Boo-hoo, right, lol

Funny- Cheney did the same thing- in reverse. He would almost exclusively appear/ be interviewed only on Fox, has to have all his hotel room television sets already on and tuned to Fox, etc.. being highly dismissive in general towards reporters, and clearly favoring FOX.

Rival Networks Scoff at Cheney's Preference for Fox | NewsBusters.org (Also notice this was written by a republican- Very biased)
USATODAY.com - Critics: Mishap shows Cheney's secretive side (democrat- balanced)

I think President Obama is just giving the network(s) (and republicans) a dose of their own.

Speaking of getting all whiny... Why is it okay with y'all when certain repugnantcans do this same thing, but suddenly it's not okay when the other side does it? :cuckoo:

I would like these 'great thinkers' on the left to explain how systemic (systemic because the intent is vocalized by BHO himself and his immediate employees) denial of access granted to all comparable others is the same as preference for one.

Then I would like these 'great thinkers' to explain how satisfying it is to have the Executive Office of our government focus so much on protecting an image. Manipulation of the press by the Executive Office of our government makes for an automatic suspicion of that office.

So with everything else on his plate, he has time for a game of tit for tat?? The justification for this nonsense is, "Well you guys started it."

My understanding is that they just made some snide remark about FOX, and now FOX is being a bunch of crybabies about it.

Boo-hoo, right, lol

Instead of being proud to be a conservative network, Fox News and their followers seem to be sad not to be "fair and balanced". I don't get it. It's like Air America radio trying to claim they are some neutral organization.

So with everything else on his plate, he has time for a game of tit for tat?? The justification for this nonsense is, "Well you guys started it."

The White House has not said or done anything to infringe upon FOX's First amendment rights to free press.

They simply said out loud that they don't think FOX is fair and balanced, and criticized the election coverage, that it was only giving hard story coverage of ACORN and Bill Ayers. This is even (somewhat) admittedly true- even though this writer is putting spin on the amount of coverage given by giving props to Shephard Smith for basically setting Joe the Plumber straight, for calling president elect Obama a terrorist:

By the way, Dunn is absolutely wrong about Fox's coverage of the election last fall. I did watch it every day and wrote about it several times a week for this blog. And while I didn't like a lot of what I saw with soft interviews and only favorable coverage of Sarah Palin, it wasn't all about Bill Ayers and ACORN by a long shot. In fact, I saw Shephard [sic] Smith take down Joe the Plumber after that GOP-created character came on Fox and said, "A vote for Obama is a vote for the death of Israel." I wonder if Smith was acting as an "arm" of the Republican Party on that one.

Read more at: White House's Fox News War Sparks Criticism, Surprising Backlash

FOX is not, was not, and may never be a fair and balanced news station. That is okay- people choose who to give their interviews to. FOX has gotten plenty of time in the spotlight with Cheney, Bush, and the rest of the doucherags.. Now its the fair and balanced democratic stations to have a turn. =) Big freaking deal. WAH.

why talk to a news network that represents "a point of view" that may ask your administration difficult questions?

The White House has not said or done anything to infringe upon FOX's First amendment rights to free press.

They simply said out loud that they don't think FOX is fair and balanced, and criticized the election coverage, that it was only giving hard story coverage of ACORN and Bill Ayers. This is even (somewhat) admittedly true- even though this writer is putting spin on the amount of coverage given by giving props to Shephard Smith for basically setting Joe the Plumber straight, for calling president elect Obama a terrorist:

By the way, Dunn is absolutely wrong about Fox's coverage of the election last fall. I did watch it every day and wrote about it several times a week for this blog. And while I didn't like a lot of what I saw with soft interviews and only favorable coverage of Sarah Palin, it wasn't all about Bill Ayers and ACORN by a long shot. In fact, I saw Shephard [sic] Smith take down Joe the Plumber after that GOP-created character came on Fox and said, "A vote for Obama is a vote for the death of Israel." I wonder if Smith was acting as an "arm" of the Republican Party on that one.

Read more at: White House's Fox News War Sparks Criticism, Surprising Backlash

FOX is not, was not, and may never be a fair and balanced news station. That is okay- people choose who to give their interviews to. FOX has gotten plenty of time in the spotlight with Cheney, Bush, and the rest of the doucherags.. Now its the fair and balanced democratic stations to have a turn. =) Big freaking deal. WAH.

List the conservative voices on CNN and MSNBC.

Boo-hoo, right, lol

Fox don't cry. They report the facts as they happen. obamalama acts just like a sissy sophomore!

Boo-hoo, right, lol

Your understanding sucks.

And the whiners? Axelrod and Emanual top the list.

Though Fox News has won the cable news ratings race consistently for years and is closing in on network news numbers, Axelrod and Emanuel both encouraged other news outlets to not treat Fox News as a news organization.

"The bigger thing is that other news organizations, like yours, ought not to treat them that way, and we're not going to treat them that way." Axelrod told ABC.

They sound like 4 year olds on a playground. "We don't like you, you biased Fox News meanies! So we're not going to play with you. And we're telling our friends how mean you are and they're not going to play with your either!! So there." <then they stomp their foot on the ground and walk away> What a buncha pussies. :lol:

Poor FoxNews....

Nobody is taking us seriously! We are a legitimate news agency

Why is everyone picking on us ??

Freak'n whiners

Last edited:
Obama should be every Americans president including Fox News viewers.

1/3 of all Americans are likely Keyans, so there is no need to be their president.

What the fuck is a "Keyans"? And why do you respond in such an asinine manner?

Sorry I meant Kenyans...

I'm just saying that Obama doesn't have to be the president of those that refuse to accept him as such.

And I am also saying I haven't seen the birth certificates of all the birthers. Maybe they are all Kenyans. Who knows...

1/3 of all Americans are likely Keyans, so there is no need to be their president.

What the fuck is a "Keyans"? And why do you respond in such an asinine manner?

Sorry I meant Kenyans...

I'm just saying that Obama doesn't have to be the president of those that refuse to accept him as such.

And I am also saying I haven't seen the birth certificates of all the birthers. Maybe they are all Kenyans. Who knows...

I disagree, he should be every American citizens president regardless if they agree with his policies or not. If all the birthers were running for president then you would certainly be entitled to see their birth certificates. But that's not the case now is it? I think Obama should release his birth certificate if it truly exists. Oh not to be confused with a certification of live birth.

One can get a “Certificate of Live Birth” with its minimal documentation. The date of birth can be any date the person enters, This document can be used to then establish citizenship for the purpose of getting a passport, but its lack of physically identifying information found on the "Birth Certificate" precludes it from being useful in proving "Natural Born" status.

The normal “Birth Certificate” has uniquely identifying information along with eyewitness’s (doctor, nurse, orderly) and the specific location so that it is now verifiable and traceable.

A Certification of Live Birth is not a legal document and is explained on this State of Hawaii Department of Hawaiian Home Lands website.

"In order to process your application, DHHL utilizes information that is found only on the original Certificate of Live Birth, which is either black or green. This is a more complete record of your birth than the Certification of Live Birth (a computer-generated printout). Submitting the original Certificate of Live Birth will save you time and money since the computer-generated Certification requires additional verification by DHHL". - See Applying for Hawaiian Home Lands; Department of Hawaiian Home Lands

Forum List

Back