Obama Tax Cut

Terry

Shut the $%$ Up!
Jan 15, 2009
It's not really a tax cut! I heard this woman on the radio today and I'll just cut and paste what was said:

Gail in Lakeside, Arizona, and she just had her tax preparer do her 2008 income tax return, and her tax preparer warned her about the Obama tax cut that starts in April, where many of you ostensibly are going to see $13 more per week in your take-home pay. Withholding tables are being rewritten as we speak, so that when your employer gives you your first check in April you will see $13 a week additional in your net, and that reverts to $8 a week starting in January. Gail's tax preparer told her to be very careful because this really is not a tax cut because they are not adjusting the rates.
spc.gif
So the 13 additional dollars that many Americans will see in their paychecks is not the result of an income tax rate reduction. It's simply a tax credit. Even people who do not pay taxes will get this $13. She was told by her tax preparer if you take the $13 a month, that is additional income that you will be taxed on next year, in essence you'll have to give it back, because the rates are not being lowered and that will be called income

The old 3 card monte is being played here.

It's not really a tax cut! I heard this woman on the radio today and I'll just cut and paste what was said:

Gail in Lakeside, Arizona, and she just had her tax preparer do her 2008 income tax return, and her tax preparer warned her about the Obama tax cut that starts in April, where many of you ostensibly are going to see $13 more per week in your take-home pay. Withholding tables are being rewritten as we speak, so that when your employer gives you your first check in April you will see $13 a week additional in your net, and that reverts to $8 a week starting in January. Gail's tax preparer told her to be very careful because this really is not a tax cut because they are not adjusting the rates.
spc.gif
So the 13 additional dollars that many Americans will see in their paychecks is not the result of an income tax rate reduction. It's simply a tax credit. Even people who do not pay taxes will get this $13. She was told by her tax preparer if you take the $13 a month, that is additional income that you will be taxed on next year, in essence you'll have to give it back, because the rates are not being lowered and that will be called income

Yes, I heard this call as well. Why is there so little reaction, as documented by how few felt the need to sign on to this thread?

The best we can hope for is an election reversal in 2010, when a Republican congress could nix about 60% of the damage.

spc.gif

Yes, I heard this call as well. Why is there so little reaction, as documented by how few felt the need to sign on to this thread?

The best we can hope for is an election reversal in 2010, when a Republican congress could nix about 60% of the damage.

god you're worse than a typical republican. you're far more stupid

[/font][/color]

PoliticalChic made a very good observation, how this thread is absent the kool-aide drinkers, well correction, one did show up. :lol:

Well your response was very intelligent. NOT!

PoliticalChic made a very good observation, how this thread is absent the kool-aide drinkers, well correction, one did show up. :lol:

grow some intelligence and stop drinking the conservative koolaid yourself.

grow some intelligence and stop drinking the conservative koolaid yourself.

Don't worry, when you come to the realization that more government means less rights for you, and that with each increase in government power, we inch closer and closer to a all-encompassing fascist state, a liberal's wet-dream I'm sure, we'll be laughing at you.

So the only thing the Middle Class gets is a promissory note to be paid by their kids and bloated government.

I love how so many people bought into the class envy. It shows they have a pea size brain.

Yep...my tax person said the same thing to me. Told me to make sure and adjust my tax rate to cover the extra money or I would have to pay it back in a lump sum later. What a scam...more of the same from the fraud that is the big O.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back