Obama Taps Geithner to Lead Treasury, Richardson for Commerce Secretary

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
President-elect Barack Obama will announce the members of his economic team on Monday, FOX News has learned, including his picks for Treasury and Commerce secretaries.

Obama will nominate Tim Geithner, the president of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, for Treasury Secretary, two Democratic sources told FOX News.

Geithner, 47, joined the Treasury in 1988 and has worked for five Secretaries of the Treasury in three administrations. He was Under Secretary of the Treasury for International Affairs from 1999 to 2001.

Obama Taps Geithner to Lead Treasury, Richardson for Commerce Secretary - FOXNews.com Transition Tracker

Perfect fit for Richardson. Flying around in his multi million dollar private plane doing next to nothing is his forte. Plus, as an added bonus we get that twit out of my state...finally woot!!.

The market likes Geithner.

After the announcement the market went up 400 points.

Perfect fit for Richardson. Flying around in his multi million dollar private plane doing next to nothing is his forte. Plus, as an added bonus we get that twit out of my state...finally woot!!.

I thought that was your forte.

Minus the multi million dollar plane, that is.

I thought that was your forte.

Minus the multi million dollar plane, that is.

That's pretty ironic coming from the boards local Obama parrot,who is on here 24/7 promoting his newest bumper sticker slogans. Your a funny little lemming I'll give ya that much.:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back