Obama, Taliban, Pakistan

Most of you probaly don't realize this, but the Taliban was created by the pakistani intelligence service.

Of course they support it and make deals with it, it's their baby.

Annie the big problem in the Middle East for the last few centuries has been an acute lack of good alternatives. Some are better than others but none of them are good. Were it not for the fact that they set atop a goodly chunk of the worlds oil that people will actually let you drill which has made too many of the wrong sorts of people rich, it would suit me just fine to let them stew in their own juices until they figured out that by and large the 21st century is a much nicer time frame than the 14th and that treating your wife as a human being instead of your personal property is better for both of you.

Annie the big problem in the Middle East for the last few centuries has been an acute lack of good alternatives. Some are better than others but none of them are good. Were it not for the fact that they set atop a goodly chunk of the worlds oil that people will actually let you drill which has made too many of the wrong sorts of people rich, it would suit me just fine to let them stew in their own juices until they figured out that by and large the 21st century is a much nicer time frame than the 14th and that treating your wife as a human being instead of your personal property is better for both of you.

All the more reason for prudence and treading carefully. Seems Bush was not the most likely to create a large scale war...

I don't know that by doing what he is doing now Obama will either. And for what it is worth if he doesn't ccopme up with a better economic solution than this current stupid bill we won't be able to afford to fight it if he does.

I don't know that by doing what he is doing now Obama will either. And for what it is worth if he doesn't ccopme up with a better economic solution than this current stupid bill we won't be able to afford to fight it if he does.

On the economics couldn't agree with you more. On foreign affairs, this group of Clinton retreads scares me, they nearly got us into so many fiascos before, when there were few problems. They got us into Bosnia, they bombed milk factories and camels. They missed every opportunity to turn back terrorism, hell they didn't acknowledge the problem in any real form until preparing for turn over. What they can wreck now? I'm afraid we will find out.

The statement Sunni constitutes and oxymoron.

Annie the chief problem with Clinton et all is that they always tend to err on the side of caution. I'm far more concerned about the very reall likelihood that they won't do enough than that they will go overboard.

The statement Sunni constitutes and oxymoron.

Annie the chief problem with Clinton et all is that they always tend to err on the side of caution. I'm far more concerned about the very reall likelihood that they won't do enough than that they will go overboard.

They did a lot, without purpose/focus. It was all appearances. I see Obama as much less able at playing that game, but time will tell.

Clinton is in charge of playing the foreign games how much of a free had she gets will be interesting to watch. Were I Obama I'd invest in a steel back plate. There will be as many knives if not more coming from that direction than from the front.

Clinton is in charge of playing the foreign games how much of a free had she gets will be interesting to watch. Were I Obama I'd invest in a steel back plate. There will be as many knives if not more coming from that direction than from the front.

Yet, she is one of many. He's surrounded. :lol:

If he is at all sane and even border line intelligent by the time he leaves office he will if nothing else likely be the most paranoid president we've ever had.

New Topics

Forum List

Back