Obama Takes Over...

Well Boehner would say that, even though I'm sure he knows he's not exactly telling the truth.

President William J. Clinton made 139 recess appointments, 95 to full-time positions. President
George W. Bush made 171 recess appointments, of which 99 were to full-time positions.2 As of
December 8, 2011, President Barack Obama had made 28 recess appointments, all to full-time
positions.

http://www.senate.gov/CRSReports/crs-publish.cfm?pid='0DP+P\W; P

FYI, Ronald Reagan had 240!

It's not just the Recess Appointments themselves. It's how he's doing them. But he was supposedly vehemently opposed to them in the past. I'm not too concerned with that bit of dishonesty & hypocrisy though. Because i always knew "Hope & Change" was Bullshit.

Supposedly? According to whom? If he really said something, cite it. If you're just "supposing", who cares?

So, every single poll showed a huge majority of "We the People" wanted financial reform and consumer protection after the Great Recession. The bill to form such an agency was was passed by Congress and signed off by Obama. Since then the GOP has done everything possible to defy the will of the people and their favorite tactic has been stall the appointment of a head of CFPB. It's been six months now!
And people here are complaining about Obama's appointment because congress may or may not be in recess.
What ever happened to "We the People" or the Will of the People"? A huge majority of Americans wanted the Bureau to happen, the bill passed in Congress and was signed into law and the GOP ignores everything.
And people wonder why every poll shows the US public thinks the GOP is the biggest reason this country has a do-nothing-Congress.

Where do you get huge majorities?

I think you are talking out of your ass. Prove me wrong.

Well Boehner would say that, even though I'm sure he knows he's not exactly telling the truth.

President William J. Clinton made 139 recess appointments, 95 to full-time positions. President
George W. Bush made 171 recess appointments, of which 99 were to full-time positions.2 As of
December 8, 2011, President Barack Obama had made 28 recess appointments, all to full-time
positions.

http://www.senate.gov/CRSReports/crs-publish.cfm?pid='0DP+P\W; P

FYI, Ronald Reagan had 240!

It's not just the Recess Appointments themselves. It's how he's doing them. But he was supposedly vehemently opposed to them in the past. I'm not too concerned with that bit of dishonesty & hypocrisy though. Because i always knew "Hope & Change" was Bullshit.

Supposedly? According to whom? If he really said something, cite it. If you're just "supposing", who cares?

Refer to the post three places above yours:

#38: http://www.usmessageboard.com/congress/201752-obama-takes-over-3.html#post4623547

Edit: Oops ... that was a different bit of hypocrisy. Sorry. Brain glitch. Carry on.

Last edited:

Refer to the post three places above yours:
#38: http://www.usmessageboard.com/congress/201752-obama-takes-over-3.html#post4623547

That was a different post from the one I was commenting on. My comment still stands. He changed his mind. So what? Suck it up, whiner. You're going to get a lot of that thrown in your face too, if Mitt or Newt are the Rep nominees. Get used to it. :cuckoo:

People like you and Obama don't think they should follow the constitution :cuckoo:

Now that's a deflection.
My post is about the GOP ignoring what Americans want and legislation passed, also it's about the perception of the GOP and the do-nothing-Congress by the public..

it's not the job of the federal government to give Americans everything they want. And your democrats haven't even passes a budget in 3 yrs.. Do nothing indeed

The Democrats aren't my Democrats! I'm a Main Street America guy and like Main Street America I am totally pissed off about the do-nothing-Congress, that'd include the GOP and the Dems. For me, things aren't so cut and dried by what an ideology tells me what to be mad about or happy about. My thinking is much bigger than that!

Speaking of giving Americans everything they want, are you friggen nuts? Main Street America is basically ignored in Washington, Main Street America isn't a Big Money organization that can buy politicians, therefore we're not even on the map. Oh around election time we become important and we get promises and BS about how Senator or Representative Joe Blow is fighting for us, but it's pure BS.

CFPB is a perfect example of how Main Street America takes a back seat to the financial sector in Washington. A huge majority of Americans are in favor of it, it is law and the GOP seeks to weaken the law by holding up the confirmation of the head of the bureau and it's been six months.

There is no excuse for this bullshit, NONE!

Last edited:
Now that's a deflection.
My post is about the GOP ignoring what Americans want and legislation passed, also it's about the perception of the GOP and the do-nothing-Congress by the public..

it's not the job of the federal government to give Americans everything they want. And your democrats haven't even passes a budget in 3 yrs.. Do nothing indeed

The Democrats aren't my Democrats! I'm a Main Street America guy and like Main Street America I am totally pissed off about the do-nothing-Congress, that'd include the GOP and the Dems. For me, things aren't so cut and dried by what an ideology tells me what to be mad about or happy about. My thinking is much bigger than that!

Speaking of giving Americans everything they want, are you friggen nuts? Main Street America is basically ignored in Washington, Main Street America isn't a Big Money organization that can buy politicians, therefore we're not even on the map. Oh around election time we become important and we get promises and BS about how Senator or Representative Joe Blow is fighting for us, but it's pure BS.

CFPB is a perfect example of how Main Street America takes a back seat to the financial sector in Washington. A huge majority of Americans are in favor of it, it is law and the GOP seeks to weaken the law by holding up the confirmation of the head of the bureau and it's been six months.

There is no excuse for this bullshit, NONE!

But is the solution appointing a director who doesn't have the legal authority to exercise the powers Dodd-Frank intended for the CFPB?

Obama has just thrown the American business sector deeper into the abyss. Now whatever the Cordray tries to do with regard to payday lenders, mortgage brokers, credit bureaus, etc. could be tied up in courts for years while the issue of whether Cordray has authority is settled.

The Democrats aren't my Democrats! I'm a Main Street America guy and like Main Street America I am totally pissed off about the do-nothing-Congress, /SNIP

Is that the line that Truthout is programming you with these days?

{Poll: Occupy Now Less Popular Than Tea Party, Think Progress Hardest Hit

John on November 16, 2011 at 8:46 am

Ed Morrissey at Hot Air notes a new poll which shows, as expected, the Occupy movement is no longer so popular:

The Occupy Wall Street movement is not wearing well with voters across the country. Only 33% now say that they are supportive of its goals, compared to 45% who say they oppose them. That represents an 11 point shift in the wrong direction for the movement’s support compared to a month ago when 35% of voters said they supported it and 36% were opposed. Most notably independents have gone from supporting Occupy Wall Street’s goals 39/34, to opposing them 34/42.}

Poll: Occupy Now Less Popular Than Tea Party, Think Progress Hardest Hit | Verum Serum

I don't think you appeal to main street the way you think you do....

The Democrats aren't my Democrats! I'm a Main Street America guy and like Main Street America I am totally pissed off about the do-nothing-Congress, /SNIP

Is that the line that Truthout is programming you with these days?

{Poll: Occupy Now Less Popular Than Tea Party, Think Progress Hardest Hit

John on November 16, 2011 at 8:46 am

Ed Morrissey at Hot Air notes a new poll which shows, as expected, the Occupy movement is no longer so popular:

The Occupy Wall Street movement is not wearing well with voters across the country. Only 33% now say that they are supportive of its goals, compared to 45% who say they oppose them. That represents an 11 point shift in the wrong direction for the movement’s support compared to a month ago when 35% of voters said they supported it and 36% were opposed. Most notably independents have gone from supporting Occupy Wall Street’s goals 39/34, to opposing them 34/42.}

Poll: Occupy Now Less Popular Than Tea Party, Think Progress Hardest Hit | Verum Serum

I don't think you appeal to main street the way you think you do....

You ideologues just can't understand independent thinking can you?

Let's take a recent hot issue, the continuation of the Payroll Tax Cut and the Keystone Pipeline,,,I have posted several times that I back the GOP approach. I've posted my opposition to Obamacare, I'm against over-regulating business (but think sensible regulations are fine).

I have a question for you, why do you hate Main Street America?

Main Street America wants an agency that is completely unaccountable to anyone and removes the right for redress of wrongs in the court. You don't hate people like that. You pity them their foolishness.

So, every single poll showed a huge majority of "We the People" wanted financial reform and consumer protection after the Great Recession. The bill to form such an agency was was passed by Congress and signed off by Obama. Since then the GOP has done everything possible to defy the will of the people and their favorite tactic has been stall the appointment of a head of CFPB. It's been six months now!
And people here are complaining about Obama's appointment because congress may or may not be in recess.
What ever happened to "We the People" or the Will of the People"? A huge majority of Americans wanted the Bureau to happen, the bill passed in Congress and was signed into law and the GOP ignores everything.
And people wonder why every poll shows the US public thinks the GOP is the biggest reason this country has a do-nothing-Congress.

Where do you get huge majorities?

I think you are talking out of your ass. Prove me wrong.

OK,,,,,,,

Consumer Financial Protection Bureau gets strong support in poll

Democrats and Republicans in Washington remain sharply split on the new Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. But a new poll from Consumers Union shows that about three-quarters of the public supports it.

A day before the new agency formally opens for business, Consumer Reports released results of a telephone survey of 1,012 people that found 74% said they strongly or somewhat supported it. Nineteen percent of respondents said they strongly or somewhat opposed the agency
Consumer Financial Protection Bureau gets strong support in poll - latimes.com

JOHNSON COMMENTS ON POLL SHOWING OVERWHELMING PUBLIC SUPPORT FOR WALL STREET REFORM

WASHINGTON - Senate Banking Committee Chairman Tim Johnson (D-SD) released the following statement regarding a poll conducted by Lake Research Partners that shows overwhelming bipartisan support for the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. The poll found that voters favor full implementation of the Wall Street Reform Act by a 3 to 1 margin. The poll also found that 74% of voters, including 68% of Republicans, support the creation of a single agency solely focused on consumer financial protection.

“This poll is further proof that the American people understand the importance of greater oversight of Wall Street, and the need for an effective and independent consumer financial watchdog,” said Chairman Johnson.

“The President has nominated Richard Cordray to be the first ever Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, and I intend to move his nomination forward in the Banking Committee in a timely manner. It is disappointing that most Senate Republicans have threatened to block the nomination of any CFPB Director

United States Senate Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs : Newsroom

What the heck is the consumer protection bureau?

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- The new Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is having a tough time reaching the very people it is aiming to protect -- consumers.
Even though Democrats and Republicans have taken passionate -- and opposing -- positions on the new agency and its powers, consumers don't really know what to make of it. In a CNN/ORC International poll of 1,009 adult Americans, 80% of respondents said they didn't know enough about the bureau to form a negative or positive opinion about the agency.

Of those who did have an opinion, 11% said their view was generally positive, while 9% held a negative view.
What is the new Consumer Financial Protection Bureau? - Jul. 25, 2011

Are three seperate polls enough for you?

Last edited:
You ideologues just can't understand independent thinking can you?

Truthout, Think Progress, Democratic Underground and the rest of the hate sites are not "independent thinking."

Let's take a recent hot issue, the continuation of the Payroll Tax Cut and the Keystone Pipeline,,,I have posted several times that I back the GOP approach. I've posted my opposition to Obamacare, I'm against over-regulating business (but think sensible regulations are fine).

I have a question for you, why do you hate Main Street America?

Why do you hate puppies and babies?

It might be time to support obama in what he's doing. There is a year to election day, by then obama's policies should have made Americans sufficiently miserable to drag him out of the white house in handcuffs.

It might be time to support obama in what he's doing. There is a year to election day, by then obama's policies should have made Americans sufficiently miserable to drag him out of the white house in handcuffs.

Obama might very well gone after his first term is over and I have no problem with that.
The GOP control of the House maybe also be over in January 2013 and I have no problem with that either. And yes, I know that the appointment confirmation is being held up in the Senate.

The American people aren't happy with both Obama and the Congressional GOP. so we may see a GOP WH and and Dem Congress and I'd have no problem with that. Just so the politicians in Washington get the message. No more uncooperative partisanship.

Signing statements are not supposed to replace legislation. That's what obaabaa has done.

Gee golly whiz. Well shall we compare the Bush record to that of President Obama?

List of President Obama's Signing Statements -

List of Presidential Signing Statements Issued by George W. Bush

Now that leaves you looking pretty damned stupid, doesn't it.:badgrin:
Boiking campaigned on having no signing statements.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seAR1S1Mjkc"]Obama on Presidential Signing Statements - YouTube[/ame]

Now who looks stupid, stupid?

Well, oh, my, my sez the spider to the fly: Obama is actually excoriating President Bush on your youtube link rather than presently owning the fact he is doing likewise. He isn't. He is doing this while Congress is in session, and pretends he doesn't have to obey the law, which has been rubber-stamped by all His Majesty's courtesan blabbermouths.

I mean, Obama is turning his administration into a kangaroo court of oughta bes and outlaw bees, even lob-sided lobbies to benefit Pelosi's clan and stuff. With more rubber-stampers Obama figures he will seem legal.

I hope the Constitution lands on Obama like the 800-pound gorilla it can be when misguided people misuse it.

Last edited:
Any President who actually says "I've got to go it alone" should scare the ever living shit out any sane individual.

Bells should be ringing in your head. One should be hearing "weebo weebo" with big flashing lights and going this man is heading down a road none of us should be witness to.

Unless you're a liberal and dying to have a Chavez as your leader.

Forum List

Back