Obama takes off the gloves...

eagleseven

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Jul 8, 2009
OH
Well, Obama just finished his speech. While he did throw Republicans a bone talking about malpractice reform, he threw off the gloves for the public option.

Public option or bust!

This was, by far, his best speech since the inauguration. Unfortunately for the administration, he did little more than re-emphasize the Democrat talking points that have been circulating around the country for the past month. His speech put a new wax on an used car, so to speak.

Combine the fact the Obama presented no new information, and indeed admitted a lack of specifics, with the small sliver of the population watching this address, and I predict any bump in the polls for his plan will be small and short-lived.

Will it be enough to get HR 3200 passed? That's up for the Democrats to determine...

Last edited:
You can keep the insurance you have - not so fast Mr. President

No *bortion - unles...

No illegals - except...

Nothing new. More lies spins and half truths. I don't see much compromise.

Obama just buried the Republicans.

Great moment....Republicans' standing ovation for protecting bad doctors.

Loved it!

Loved it!

Do you live in Opposite Land?
Just in case you haven't been paying attention, the democrats control both the House and the Senate (oh, and the presidency), just exactly how can the republicans stop anything?

Loved it!

You mean just like in all those other countries that you keep insisting have better and more affordable health care than we do?

So if we can save $90B a year that means we've wasted $270B since the Dems took control of Congress.

Terrific

Loved it!

Do you live in Opposite Land?
Just in case you haven't been paying attention, the democrats control both the House and the Senate (oh, and the presidency), just exactly how can the republicans stop anything?

Chris was going to say something worthwhile, but then Obama's dick went farther up his ass and he posted that.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

Loved it!

Malpractice reform is not for protecting bad doctors.

It is for protecting good doctors from frivolous lawsuits...and thereby protecting the healthcare system from extraneous and expensive testing.

Loved it!

It is for protecting good doctors from frivolous lawsuits...and thereby protecting the healthcare system from extraneous and expensive testing.

Chrissy needs the type of doctor that would pull his appendix out through his anal cavity with a pair of rusty pliers.

Loved it!

there are already protections from frivolous lawsuits, they're called merit panels which a plaintiff's lawyer has to get past before suits can be filed. i think they exist in most states...

the whole malpractice lawsuit thing is baseless.... and malpractice cases are only a teeny part of insurance company expenditures in any event.

Obama called out the Republicans on all their lies. It was great. Loved watching them squirm.

They really are the party of southern white extremists.

Obama called out the Republicans on all their lies. It was great. Loved watching them squirm.

well let's see. you're southern, you're white, and you're an extremist. pot meet kettle.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll_goH-aivU[/ame]

the whole malpractice lawsuit thing is baseless.... and malpractice cases are only a teeny part of insurance company expenditures in any event.

The cost of malpractice lawsuits and settlements are a relatively very small amount.

However, the cost of defensive medicine is where the real money is lost.

A perfect example is obtaining a CT scan on everyone who comes into the ED with a minor head trauma to rule out intracranial bleed. Studies have shown that with a simple physical exam and asking the patient questions, the risk of bleed is very low, thus not necessitating expensive imaging.

However, standard of care in the ED (which is not necessarily based on evidence, but based on what everyone else does) is that a CT is to be performed. This standard of care is based on all providers doing this test just in case so that we won't get sued...even though it is not cost effective or necessary.

I'll make you feel at home, Frank....

Oh, I wish I was in the land of cotton,

Ol' times there were not forgotten,

Look away, look away, look away, Dixieland!

The cost of malpractice lawsuits and settlements are a relatively very small amount.

However, the cost of defensive medicine is where the real money is lost.

A perfect example is obtaining a CT scan on everyone who comes into the ED with a minor head trauma to rule out intracranial bleed. Studies have shown that with a simple physical exam and asking the patient questions, the risk of bleed is very low, thus not necessitating expensive imaging.

However, standard of care in the ED (which is not necessarily based on evidence, but based on what everyone else does) is that a CT is to be performed. This standard of care is based on all providers doing this test just in case so that we won't get sued...even though it is not cost effective or necessary.

and the cost of carrying malpractice insurance certainly adds to a doctor's overhead and that cost is passed on to the consumer. wonder what a brain surgeon pays yearly in malpractice insurance?

I'll make you feel at home, Frank....

Oh, I wish I was in the land of cotton,

Ol' times there were not forgotten,

Look away, look away, look away, Dixieland!

The very first time any member of my family ever set foot in this country was well after the north defeated the Democrats effort to keep slavery legal in the Civil War

Forum List

Back