Obama Takes His time And Gets A Pass

Freedomlover

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2008
When the United States was attacked on 9/11 it was several hours before President Bush went before the nation. The Democrats and drive-by media were all over him for taking so much time to speak to a worried nation. Now comes Obama in the aftermath of what could have been a terrible "man-made disaster" and he takes three days to utter a word on the subject. Where is the outrage now? Where is the outrage that his Secretary of Homeland Defense says "the system worked just as it was supposed to" even though it did not, and then they try to blame Bush. That game is getting old and tiresome. When is the Obama Administration going to own up to its mistakes and quit blaming others for their failures?

Not really comparable. By the time 0bama was told, the problem over, solved.

I agree the MSM and liberals were over the top with Bush. The wanted him to have hysterics after the first plane hit and no one knew what that there was anything weird going on. (He was in a motorcade to a school when the first plane hit, he was listening to a girl read a textbook when the second plane hit, and they let the girl finish before telling him about it.)

It is not annoying when the press gets it right. Only when they get it wrong. They got it wrong with Bush, so when they get it right with 0bama, all one can do is grit your teeth and say "congratulations on your increase maturity."

My sources told me that President Obama had left his copy of "My Pet Goat" at home

And let us not forget that after 3 days of silence, the suspect (according to Mr Obama) allegedly tried to light an explosive device.

Allegedly?

Huh?

I saw his burnt out underpants on TV.

No worries about him *ever* showing his black male part to white wimmins, 52nd Street and The Bass, he blew his ding a ling clean off. Extra crispy. Deep fried hush puppies.

Allegedly. :rofl: :lol:

Well, it seems our Conservatives are in agreement with these people. As for myself, the decimation of the Al Qaeda leadership since President Obama took office is something to be lauded. Even in countries like Somalia, we are hitting them.

Nobel Peace laureate ordered the bombing of suspected Al Qaeda camps in Yemen, killi

Nobel Peace laureate ordered the bombing of suspected Al Qaeda camps in Yemen, killi
US-backed raid killed 49 Yemeni civilians, officials said
Paul Woodward, Online Correspondent

Last Updated: December 21. 2009 10:04AM UAE / December 21. 2009 6:04AM GMT Following a military operation in Yemen targeting suspected al Qa'eda militants, a local official said on Sunday that 49 civilians, among them 23 children and 17 women, were killed in air strikes which he said were carried out "indiscriminately," Agence France Presse reported.

Earlier it had been reported by ABC News that on orders from the US President Barack Obama, the US military had launched cruise missiles in the attacks.

The National said that thousands of people took to the streets of southern Yemen on Saturday to denounce the military action and ensuing deaths of innocent civilians.

"According to local sources, about 3,000 people in Dhal'e province and hundreds in Lahj and Abyan provinces condemned the military operation. Angry protesters shouted anti-government slogans and demanded an investigation into the attack."

The New York Times said: "The Yemeni government has long struggled to exert authority in remote and mountainous areas like Abyan, a known refuge for militants and one of several provinces where al Qa'eda is believed to operate with relative impunity. Although Yemen has built effective elite counterterrorism squads in recent years with American assistance, the country is desperately poor, with shrinking oil reserves. Powerful tribes also limit the state's control.

Al-Qaeda leader among 10 killed in Somalia air strike

REUTERS AND AFP , MOGADISHU
Wednesday, Sep 16, 2009, Page 6
Somalia’s extremist Islamist militia vowed yesterday to avenge the killing in a US military operation of one of al-Qaeda’s top regional leaders, Saleh Ali Saleh Nabhan.

“Muslims will retaliate against this unprovoked attack,” a top leader of the Shebab, an extremist movement with suspected links to al-Qaeda, said on condition of anonymity.

“The United States is Islam’s known enemy and we will never expect mercy from them, nor should they expect mercy from us,” he said.

US officials and witnesses said Saleh Ali Saleh Nabhan, a Kenyan citizen wanted by the FBI as a mastermind of the deadly 2002 anti-Israeli attacks in Mombasa, was killed when US Special Forces in helicopters attacked a car in southern Somalia on Monday.

I agree with Baruch. This incident was not comparable to 9/11. We had an averted terrorist attack. Nobody was killed. It was not like there was an emergency at the time. It was not like Americans were glued to the tv wondering what the heck had just happened, where were their children and what was going to happen next.

I still think what President Bush did at the time of the 9/11 attacks was right. He didn't rush to panic. He waited for information just as we did and when the time was right, he brought Americans together even if only for a little while.

With this most recent threat there was no reason for the President to do anything at all.

Immie

When the United States was attacked on 9/11.... When is the Obama Administration going to own up to its mistakes and quit blaming others for their failures?

Darest DOUcHEBAGH, the recent attempt....

....is nowhere similar to 911.

but.........

...it is similar to the Shoe Bomber attempt...almost identical.

Guess how loooooooomg it took Bush to respond publicly to the incident?

6 days. and no lefties or Dems wett their pants like you are doing in anticipation of making American President look bad.

When the United States was attacked on 9/11 it was several hours before President Bush went before the nation. The Democrats and drive-by media were all over him for taking so much time to speak to a worried nation. Now comes Obama in the aftermath of what could have been a terrible "man-made disaster" and he takes three days to utter a word on the subject. Where is the outrage now? Where is the outrage that his Secretary of Homeland Defense says "the system worked just as it was supposed to" even though it did not, and then they try to blame Bush. That game is getting old and tiresome. When is the Obama Administration going to own up to its mistakes and quit blaming others for their failures?
Don't you mean the Secretary for the prevention of man-made disasters?

I don't remember the Bushies being outraged about Bush doing that. I remember them vigorously defending him, in fact, defending him ever since.

So what's your point, exactly?

Guess how long it took Bush to respond after "Richard Reid" did EXACTLY THE SAME THING? Was it a day? Three days? A week? You would have thought after 9/11 and Richard Reid, the Republicans and Bush would have put "some kind" of security measures in place? Guess not.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...are-royally-angry-and-who-can-blame-them.html

I don't remember the Bushies being outraged about Bush doing that. I remember them vigorously defending him, in fact, defending him ever since.

Bush was busy for several hours, I wouldn't expect him to make a report about it right off, he has things to do.

As far as this latest attempt goes, it was thwarted, we haven't gotten immediate presidential reports about thwarted terrorist attacks over the last several years and I don't expect them now. I DO think that it is something the media should cover.

Bush was busy for several hours, I wouldn't expect him to make a report about it right off, he has things to do.

As far as this latest attempt goes, it was thwarted, we haven't gotten immediate presidential reports about thwarted terrorist attacks over the last several years and I don't expect them now. I DO think that it is something the media should cover.

Actually, Richard Reid did the same exact thing this bomber did and I believe it was about a week before Bush mentioned it. Still, you would have thought security would have improved after 9/11 and Richard Reid.

There were no more attacks on the homeland after 9/11 while Bush was President. In his first year Obama has already had two!

New Topics

Forum List

Back