Obama takes credit for money Sent to Afghan victims

to claim something an Afghan official 'may' have told the relative of a victim as proof Obama is taking personal credit for paying the money is partisan hackery. period.

Considering Obama's I..I...Me..Me it's not hard to believe at all. It's actually likely

show me a direct quote from Obama where he claims he personally paid this money. I'll resign from the board the instant you can do so.

^ Drama Queen. :thup:

Obama does not have to be heard or directly quoted to be the owner of the act. Regardless if this is directly attributable, this is a clear Narcissist President.

KANDAHAR, Afghanistan -- The U.S. paid $50,000 in compensation for each villager killed and $11,000 for each person wounded in a shooting rampage allegedly carried out by a rogue American soldier in southern Afghanistan, Afghan officials said Sunday.
A U.S. official, who asked not to be named, confirmed the report to MSNBC Sunday.

The families were told that the money came from President Barack Obama. The unusually large payouts were the latest move by the White House to mend relations with the Afghan people after the killings threatened to shatter already tense relations.

Afghans: U.S. paid $50K for each villager killed in shooting massacre

I have no doubt that the left would be whining had this been a 'Bush claims credit for...' thread. However, hackery on wither side diminishes the persons position on the president overall.

article-0-1253863E000005DC-403_468x308.jpg

Confirmed: Those who received the payments were told it came from President Barack Obama, seen in South Korea this weekend, which a US official confirmed while declining to discuss the exact amounts given

Read more: US 'pays $50,000 to each Afghan massacre victim' while Robert Bales charged with 17 murders | Mail Online

Confirmed: Those who received the payments were told it came from President Barack Obama, seen in South Korea this weekend, which a US official confirmed while declining to discuss the exact amounts given

Read more: US 'pays $50,000 to each Afghan massacre victim' while Robert Bales charged with 17 murders | Mail Online
Since Congress didn't pass a resolution to pay the Afghans, the payments would have been authorized by the Whitehouse. So it is quite logical that some official, either Afghan or US would say it was from Obama. Obama approved the payment and it may have been his idea but neither Obama nor the Whitehouse made any statement saying the money was from Obama.

You must have missed this part...

The United States has paid $50,000 in compensation for each Afghan killed in the shooting spree attributed to a U.S. soldier in southern Afghanistan, an Afghan official and a community elder said Sunday.
kind of hard to understand how you missed it, since it's the first sentence in your linked piece.

FAIL.

The United States has paid $50,000 in compensation for each Afghan killed in the shooting spree attributed to a U.S. soldier in southern Afghanistan, an Afghan official and a community elder said Sunday.
kind of hard to understand how you missed it, since it's the first sentence in your linked piece.

FAIL.

I didn't miss anything Whoever gave those people that money told them this "money was from Obama" you seem to have missed that part

Since Congress didn't pass a resolution to pay the Afghans, the payments would have been authorized by the Whitehouse. So it is quite logical that some official, either Afghan or US would say it was from Obama. Obama approved the payment and it may have been his idea but neither Obama nor the Whitehouse made any statement saying the money was from Obama.

Now you're reaching...Any president would have authorized that money. It’s the American people's money not Obama's. It should have said from the American people who share in the grief of the loss of your loved ones….. Or something like that. Not to promote the popularity of Obama. which is all he really cares about

FAIL.

I didn't miss anything Whoever gave those people that money told them this "money was from Obama" you seem to have missed that part

And you seem to have missed the part where you post a direct quote from Obama, taking credit for personally paying that money.

The whole crux of your dumb-ass thread, is 'Obama took credit...blah blah blah'... yet all you have to prove Obama took credit, is something someone ELSE said. You've posted not a single solitary piece of, you know, PROOF, that Obama personally took credit.

FAIL.

Now you're reaching...Any president would have authorized that money. It’s the American people's money not Obama's. It should have said from the American people who share in the grief of the loss of your loved ones….. Or something like that. Not to promote the popularity of Obama. which is all he really cares about
If you have a problem with what was said, you should take it up with the people in Afghanistan who said it, not the president. You don't have any evidence at all that Obama said that he gave them the money.

If you have a problem with what was said, you should take it up with the people in Afghanistan who said it, not the president. You don't have any evidence at all that Obama said that he gave them the money.

Jroc is a lost cause. I am as anti-Obama as the next average Conservative, and even I know this is a bullshit thread.

FAIL.

And you seem to have missed the part where you post a direct quote from Obama, taking credit for personally paying that money.

The whole crux of your dumb-ass thread, is 'Obama took credit...blah blah blah'... yet all you have to prove Obama took credit, is something someone ELSE said. You've posted not a single solitary piece of, you know, PROOF, that Obama personally took credit.

FAIL.

It’s been confirmed by more than one source, it also fits Obama self-centered profile. What do you have again?

I never said that, I said when they were given the money, they were told it came from Obama.

Forum List

Back