Obama Supports Bill to Repeal Defense of Marriage Act

I would not be surprised if we chose Perry sour in 12.

It would be rather intriguing to watch as all the wild-eyed cons who believe in his far-out solutions start whining that Perry (a) didn't keep his "campaign promises" (of course he won't be able to...) or (b) how the Democratic Chicago-style machine keeps Perry at arms length, so it's not his fault, or (c) begin to bitch and moan that even Perry isn't the next coming of Jesus Christ, nor does he hold a magic wand either. Those would be the non-realists who want instant results.

OK, Stupid Train stops here.

If any of you anti-equal protection wacks here are threatened with marrying someone of your own sex, call me, and I will fly to your rescue.

This is for the headlines. He was opposed to both gay marriage and Prop 8 in 2008 for some weird reason like he thinks "when you go amending constitutions and stuff just to keep families apart" or whatever in the hell contra-legal double-talk BS he used.

What don't you get? This whole thing is an emotional issue, period. Amendments to the Constitution would be absurd, which is exactly what he was saying, in kinder words.

They need someone to appeal to the base, That's why they chose Bible Spice in '08.

look how that turned out.

Actually, I don't think Palin was much of a factor one way or the other.

The ugly reality of John McCain is that as much as the left says they Loooooove Moderate Republicans, they never actually vote for them.

Look at the Republican losers since Nixon- Ford, Bob Dole and McCain. All guys the left said they loved because they were sensible, moderates who could work with Democrats. But given the oppurtuntiy, they didn't vote for these guys, did they? Heck, no. They just villified them the minute they got the nomination, and the conservative base was like, "Well, we never wanted these clowns to start with."

McCain's entire "maverick" attraction went out the window as soon as he became the nominee. Good grief, read something, will ya? Seems like you've got a LOT of catching up to do.

Romney could pick Condi, which would certainly hold the right of the party. Hmm . . . despite world courts and potential war crime charges against many of the Bushies, she would be protected by virtue of her office if elected.

So, how about Condi?

Ah, great choice. I always, ALWAYS liked her and thought she got taken to the cleaners by The Dick who consistently overruled any objections she tried to voice in the run-up to the invasion of Iraq. I'm sure she and General Powell have had conversations about how they were virtually pushed out of the room.

Defending marriage is not a power granted to the federal government.

Marriage is nothing but a contract for the merging of property and fiscal obligations. The feds need not be involved at all as contracts are more easily manged at the state level.

Government on any level should play no role in telling anyone who can and cannot get married, simply put.

Exactly. What if the federal government laid down the rules for getting a divorce as well?

I think he probably still is against gay "marriage," but still fully respects the rights of homosexuals. Overturning the law just leaves the slate blank. Obama isn't asking for the law to be changed to include gay marriage.
Homos don't have any more rights than normal people. Unless it is the right to be totally confused and off in the head.

They have a right according to law to be included as dual owners of property, they can be sued together as one entity if they default, but the partner of one isn't allowed beneficiary's rights regarding patient care and notification? The "rights" part is all over the place, and those should all be in sync by a legal definition of "partnership" before any federal law is in place legalizing "marriage" as between same or opposite sex.

And just because you don't like homosexuals won't make it go away. The sooner you realize that, the sooner your journey to becoming an adult will get on its way.

Here is another one for you, a heterosexual couple in a Civil Marriage can dual-own property. Now for "single" dual-property owners when the home is sold they can each claim $250,000 ($500,000) for the couple. In a Civil Marriage, if one spouse dies the surviving spouse can still claim the $500,000 exemption for up to 2 years even though legally that spouse is now single. A surviving spouse of a Same-sex couple, even if Civilly Married, cannot claim that exemption.

>>>>

Romney could pick Condi, which would certainly hold the right of the party. Hmm . . . despite world courts and potential war crime charges against many of the Bushies, she would be protected by virtue of her office if elected.

So, how about Condi?

Once again.

Romney get the nomination, Evangelicals stay home, Obama wins.

Are you like a Mormon, Jake? Do you not realize how crazy Mormon beliefs are?

look how that turned out.

Actually, I don't think Palin was much of a factor one way or the other.

The ugly reality of John McCain is that as much as the left says they Loooooove Moderate Republicans, they never actually vote for them.

Look at the Republican losers since Nixon- Ford, Bob Dole and McCain. All guys the left said they loved because they were sensible, moderates who could work with Democrats. But given the oppurtuntiy, they didn't vote for these guys, did they? Heck, no. They just villified them the minute they got the nomination, and the conservative base was like, "Well, we never wanted these clowns to start with."

McCain's entire "maverick" attraction went out the window as soon as he became the nominee. Good grief, read something, will ya? Seems like you've got a LOT of catching up to do.

Oh, I don't dispute that... I just ask the question WHY did it go out the window.

Because he suddenly became an EEEEEEEEEVIL conservative when he got the nomination?

Or because the only reason that the liberals loved him as a "Maverick" was because he was a pain in George W. Bush's backside? Once he became the nominee and was a threat to the whole "let's vote for a totally unqualified black guy so we can all feel better about our liberal white guilt" mantra, man, that guy just had to go down!!!!

Like all these liberals who just LOOOOOOOOVE John Huntsman right now. They'll love him a lot less if the GOP has a collective brain fart and nominates him.

Romney could pick Condi, which would certainly hold the right of the party. Hmm . . . despite world courts and potential war crime charges against many of the Bushies, she would be protected by virtue of her office if elected. So, how about Condi?
Once again. Romney get the nomination, Evangelicals stay home, Obama wins. Are you like a Mormon, Jake? Do you not realize how crazy Mormon beliefs are?

No, I am not a Mormon, and they are no more crazy than far right evangelicals or fundamentalists or pentecostsals or churchofchristes or whatever.

I live in the Deep South, and when asked if a Southern Strategy far right GOPer will vote, they say 'yes' and that they will hold their noses and vote for Mitt before Barak.

No other candidate, with the possible yet improbable hope of Perry, can beat Obama.

No other. Get on board.

No, I am not a Mormon, and they are no more crazy than far right evangelicals or fundamentalists or pentecostsals or churchofchristes or whatever.

Let's see now, it began as a cult that was started by a guy who wanted to marry multiple 14 year old girls, they believe Hebrews came to the Americas, started a civilization (completely rejected by archeology) and Jesus came to visit them and set down a new bible that supported his views on things. They think that they need to wear magic underpants, that they will all become Gods on their own worlds...

No, sorry, man, speaking as an agnostic, Mormon beliefs are a bit crazier than most of those other religions.

I live in the Deep South, and when asked if a Southern Strategy far right GOPer will vote, they say 'yes' and that they will hold their noses and vote for Mitt before Barak.

But the election isn't going to be won in the South. It's assumed the GOP is going to take those states. It's going to be won in the Rust Belt states like Indiana and Ohio.

Again, I posted this in another thread, where 22% of Americans, including 18% of Republicans and 19% of independents, said they would not vote for a Mormon.

Gallup: 22% Say They Wouldn't Vote for a Mormon | The Weekly Standard

Those swing states are going to be won or lost by a few percentage points, and when you got one fifth of your base saying, "Eeeeerrr, no." you've pretty much conceded those states.

No other candidate, with the possible yet improbable hope of Perry, can beat Obama.

No other. Get on board.

If it came down to a fight between Romney and Obama, I'd probably vote for Obama. Philosophically, there isn't much difference, they are both statist liberals, and Obama doesn't belong to a whackadoo cult.

Forum List

Back