Obama Supporters Shocked That He's Class Warrior?

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Too funny:

Barack Obama's rich supporters fear his tax plans show he's a class warrior - Telegraph

Barack Obama's rich supporters fear his tax plans show he's a class warrior
Some of Barack Obama's richest supporters fear they have elected a "class warrior" to the White House, who will turn America's freewheeling capitalism into a more regulated European system.

By Leonard Doyle in Washington
Last Updated: 11:21AM BST 10 May 2009

Barack Obama: some of his rich supporters fear he is becoming a class warrior Photo: AP
Wealthy Wall Street financiers and other business figures provided crucial support for Mr Obama during the election, backing him over the Republican candidate John McCain as the right leader to rescue the collapsing US economy.

But it is now dawning on many among them that Mr Obama was serious about his campaign trail promises to bring root and branch reform to corporate America - and that they were more than just election rhetoric.

A top Obama fundraiser and hedge fund manager said: "I'm appalled at the anti-Wall Street rhetoric. It was OK on the campaign but now it's the real world. I'm surprised that Obama is turning out to be so left-wing. He's a real class warrior."

Chris Edwards of the Cato Institute, a free enterprise think tank, said Democrats in Congress were unnerved by the president's latest plan to raise $210 billion over 10 years from multinational corporations.

The money is needed to pay for a national debt that will double over the next five years; and triple over the next 10 years to $17.3 trillion. But the crackdown already faces fierce Democratic resistance.

"These big companies are based in New York Boston, Seattle and Silicon Valley, where Democrats dominate," Mr Edwards said. "Obama's tax plan is already cleaving him from his big corporate supporters," he said...

But Democratic opposition is building in Congress to many of the President's proposals. A plan to reduce tax deductions for charitable gifts by richer people may have to be scrapped, because the charitable sector - which includes hospitals, museums and voluntary service groups - depends heavily on tax-deducted donations.

Charles Rangel, the New York chairman of the Ways and Means Committee, which drafts tax legislation, raised a red flag about the proposal last week. "I would never want to adversely affect anything that is charitable or good," he said.

Mr Obama also wants to "cap and trade" carbon emissions - seen by business as effectively yet another tax - to tackle global warming.

The president's plans are direct repudiation of the model of light touch regulation credited with creating economic growth and wealth in America in recent decades...

Well, we can only hope that more of his blind supporters will open their eyes soon enough. At least before the next election.

Ooooo!! A "Class Warrior"?? Class Warrior Barack Obama?? My knees are SHIVERING in COLD FEAR. I thought Obama was the same old kind of politician, the same as Bush, if anything a class warrior for his own class [of the ultra-wealthy elite], but now it turns out that this guy is some sort of working class "warrior"?

Well, fuck, if that were true, that's change I could believe in. Which one is it?

Class warfare warrior...never before was that in the POTUS job discription.

I didn't think anyone could be more lame then the chimpazoid, now I think differently.

I didn't think anyone could be more lame then the chimpazoid, now I think differently.

I wouldn't say worse, it's about even. He succeeds at the one thing Bush sucked at most, public speaking, but the more I see what Obama is doing, the more he looks even in the idiocy department.

Too funny:

Barack Obama's rich supporters fear his tax plans show he's a class warrior - Telegraph

Barack Obama's rich supporters fear his tax plans show he's a class warrior
Some of Barack Obama's richest supporters fear they have elected a "class warrior" to the White House, who will turn America's freewheeling capitalism into a more regulated European system.

Barack Obama: some of his rich supporters fear he is becoming a class warrior Photo: AP
Wealthy Wall Street financiers and other business figures provided crucial support for Mr Obama during the election, backing him over the Republican candidate John McCain as the right leader to rescue the collapsing US economy.

But it is now dawning on many among them that Mr Obama was serious about his campaign trail promises to bring root and branch reform to corporate America - and that they were more than just election rhetoric.

A top Obama fundraiser and hedge fund manager said: "I'm appalled at the anti-Wall Street rhetoric. It was OK on the campaign but now it's the real world. I'm surprised that Obama is turning out to be so left-wing. He's a real class warrior."

Chris Edwards of the Cato Institute, a free enterprise think tank, said Democrats in Congress were unnerved by the president's latest plan to raise $210 billion over 10 years from multinational corporations.

The money is needed to pay for a national debt that will double over the next five years; and triple over the next 10 years to $17.3 trillion. But the crackdown already faces fierce Democratic resistance.

"These big companies are based in New York Boston, Seattle and Silicon Valley, where Democrats dominate," Mr Edwards said. "Obama's tax plan is already cleaving him from his big corporate supporters," he said...

But Democratic opposition is building in Congress to many of the President's proposals. A plan to reduce tax deductions for charitable gifts by richer people may have to be scrapped, because the charitable sector - which includes hospitals, museums and voluntary service groups - depends heavily on tax-deducted donations.

Charles Rangel, the New York chairman of the Ways and Means Committee, which drafts tax legislation, raised a red flag about the proposal last week. "I would never want to adversely affect anything that is charitable or good," he said.

Mr Obama also wants to "cap and trade" carbon emissions - seen by business as effectively yet another tax - to tackle global warming.

The president's plans are direct repudiation of the model of light touch regulation credited with creating economic growth and wealth in America in recent decades...

ROFLMNAO...

This article just proves that some people just art bright enough to be free... Oh sure, they're 'smart'... but their ignorance of ideology is breath-taking; how ANYONE could look at that empty suit, with NO HISTORY but abject Marxism... of the radical variety; and NOT KNOW that such a combination could lead to NOTHING but disaster, flies in the face of reason itself.

Ooooo!! A "Class Warrior"?? Class Warrior Barack Obama?? My knees are SHIVERING in COLD FEAR. I thought Obama was the same old kind of politician, the same as Bush, if anything a class warrior for his own class [of the ultra-wealthy elite], but now it turns out that this guy is some sort of working class "warrior"?

Well, fuck, if that were true, that's change I could believe in. Which one is it?

ROFLMNAO...

Says the true-believer! ... AKA: The Problem.

I wouldn't say worse, it's about even. He succeeds at the one thing Bush sucked at most, public speaking, but the more I see what Obama is doing, the more he looks even in the idiocy department.
not without his teleprompter
LOL

Wait...you mean we might get some money from Wall Street, the rich and other areas the public has been subsidizing?

Thats not "class warfare". Thats the way it should be. The public just spend billions to prop up a system that benefits the rich more than anyone else (which is, after all, why they are rich). Yes, the rich need to pay it back some.

Why so shocked? I predicted this before he won ...

You're not alone. I knew he meant what he said, that others thought it was all 'campaign rhetoric' is hysterical.

What's hysterical is the right wing criticism of Obama. First they diss him for ending the school voucher program (calling him a rich elitist) then they diss Obama as a 'class warrior' asking the wealthy to carry a more appropriate share of the tax burden then Bushites favored.

Last edited:
Why so shocked? I predicted this before he won ...

You're not alone. I knew he meant what he said, that others thought it was all 'campaign rhetoric' is hysterical.

What's hysterical is the right wing criticism of Obama for by ending the school voucher program (calling him a rich elitist) while also dissing Obama as a 'class warrior' in the tax structure.

Right and he eats only Dijon mustard, never held a "real" job, and wants to prop up wall street and his crony buddies....while also declaring class warfare.

Its the whole "He goes to a radical fundamentalist, evil (read:black) Christian Chuch which makes him unfit for president...and if thats not enough, hes also a Muslim!" thing all over again. Attack him for as many things as possible, and see what sticks.

Forum List

Back