Obama Super Duper PAC

Anonymous donations are banned under current law, all that hoopla you see on the news about them is nothing but a smoke screen. Even Super PACs are required to list their donations that are over $200.

You are right that it wouldn't make it through Congress, but probably not for the reasons you think.

That depends on what you mean by "anonymous". Donors have discovered several ways to keep their names out of the papers, at least until after the election (Super PACs go stealth through first contests - Dave Levinthal and Kenneth P. Vogel - POLITICO.com). These include making donations through shell corporations and delaying reports until after elections.

Anonymous donations are banned under current law, all that hoopla you see on the news about them is nothing but a smoke screen. Even Super PACs are required to list their donations that are over $200.

You are right that it wouldn't make it through Congress, but probably not for the reasons you think.

That depends on what you mean by "anonymous". Donors have discovered several ways to keep their names out of the papers, at least until after the election (Super PACs go stealth through first contests - Dave Levinthal and Kenneth P. Vogel - POLITICO.com). These include making donations through shell corporations and delaying reports until after elections.

Yet the donations are still being reported, imagine that. The 90 day reporting requirement is archaic. it is now possible to report donations as they are received. Lobby for a rule change, don't complain to me.

Yet the donations are still being reported, imagine that. The 90 day reporting requirement is archaic. it is now possible to report donations as they are received. Lobby for a rule change, don't complain to me.

Some or all of the donations are indeed being reported. Some of them without the names of the individuals directing the donations, and many after the elections are over, but they are being reported. In stating this I don't intend to complain to you, merely to make factual statements that I believe to be relevant to the conversation.

Some or all of the donations are indeed being reported. Some of them without the names of the individuals directing the donations, and many after the elections are over, but they are being reported. In stating this I don't intend to complain to you, merely to make factual statements that I believe to be relevant to the conversation.

They have 90 days to report donations, but all donations over $200 are reported. I already pointed out the 90 rule is archaic and should be changed, what more do you want?

They have 90 days to report donations, but all donations over $200 are reported. I already pointed out the 90 rule is archaic and should be changed, what more do you want?

Nothing in particular. I'd be happy to end this thread at this point.

Forum List

Back