Obama suggests shutting down the government

Obama suggests shutting down the government

Liar. It's completely in the House's hands.

Raise the debt limit. Shut down the government. Both depend on the actions of the House, not the Presidency or the Senate.

They control the purse, and it's their Constitutional responsibility to pay America's bills.
refusal to raise the debt ceiling won't shut down the gubmint...It'll just force them to end the trillion dollar deficits.

Correct. They are two different events. Both solely in the hands of the House.

Refusing to raise the debt ceiling will downgrade our credit rating, costing America billions of dollars. Does the House care about this? They spent $53 million in repeated, fruitless attempts to overturn Obamacare.

When are they going to become the fiscally responsible party?
No it won't...Living with our means and paying the bills should do nothing but provide impetus to upgrade the federal credit rating.

Then what is the problem?

And why hasn't the House passed the bill already?

The House has to work up the sharp spending cuts which will go into the legislation, of course.

Patience, please! This is only their second day back.

Well, honey, if the House bill includes anything beyond rising the debt limit, that would be an extortion. And Obama would be a fool if he does not reject it as such right away.

Not bright. All spending legislation is chock full of negotiated items. The Tax cut extensions last week included various handouts for Hollywood, NASCAR, green algae growers, for example. Obama insisted upon it.

The good news, if he has selectively decided he is not going to negotiate on this particular one, that is certainly his prerogative. In fact, he cried and ran off to Hawaii. His choice. All he needs do is sign it into law.

But from his statement in the OP, he intends to shut down the government.

Last edited:
The House has to work up the sharp spending cuts which will go into the legislation, of course.

Patience, please! This is only their second day back.

Well, honey, if the House bill includes anything beyond rising the debt limit, that would be an extortion. And Obama would be a fool if he does not reject it as such right away.

Not bright. All spending legislation is chock full of negotiated items.

So what? It does not have to be this way for any bill. But even more so for raising the debt limit.

In any case, you are fool if you think that Republicans are going to propose any meaningful spending cuts. They want the Dems to do the honor, so they can blame Dems for the cuts come next elections.

That is why Republicans will never propose any spending cuts.

So what? It does not have to be this way for any bill. But even more so for raising the debt limit.

In any case, you are fool if you think that Republicans are going to propose any meaningful spending cuts. They want the Dems to do the honor, so they can blame Dems for the cuts come next elections.

But it will be, just like all legislation. This is why we have a Congress.

Sounds to me, however, Obama plans to shut down the government because he does not respect this time-honored process.

Agree?

Sounds to me, however, Obama plans to shut down the government because he does not respect this time-honored process.

Agree?

You know, asking someone for a loan is something people do since the stone age. But there is a subtle difference between asking it from your bank, and asking it from a fellow who is drowning and cries for help.

I'm sure that is something you would never understand. But I sure hope that this time Obama would be able to explain that difference to the voters.

While I will negotiate over many things, I will not have another debate with this Congress about whether or not they should pay the bills they have already racked up,"

:clap2:

Bout time Obama figured it out

And again: I'll believe he means it when he actually tells the Teahadists to pound sand.

Agree?

You know, asking someone for a loan is something people do since the stone age. But there is a subtle difference between asking it from your bank, and asking it from a fellow who is drowning and cries for help.

I'm sure that is something you would never understand. But I sure hope that this time Obama would be able to explain that difference to the voters.

LOL

You agree that Obama plans to shut down the government because he does not respect the time-honored process of negotiation on our legislation.

Agree?

LOL

You agree that Obama plans to shut down the government because he does not respect the time-honored process of negotiation on our legislation.

Right. Not that I had any hopes for your reading comprehension.

LOL

Right. Not that I had any hopes for your reading comprehension.

Excellent. Few libtards have capacity to learn!

While I will negotiate over many things, I will not have another debate with this Congress about whether or not they should pay the bills they have already racked up,"

This can't be stressed.

If a private citizen decided to "opt out" of paying for his/her credit card..

That citizen would be in big trouble.

The "shoot the hostage" mentality of these fascist radical conservatives must come to an end.

This can't be stressed.

The "shoot the hostage" mentality of these fascist radical conservatives must come to an end.

yawn. We have plenty of cashflow to service our actual debt, swallow.

This can't be stressed.

yawn. We have plenty of cashflow to service our actual debt, swallow.

It seems you don't have plenty of cashflow to service your homosexual tendancies..Sniperfag.

But no..my schlong ain't for sale to fags..faggot.

Straight guys don't much care for you homos.

Try a mall parking garage.

Would be a step of for you.

And again: I'll believe he means it when he actually tells the Teahadists to pound sand.

I agree

He needs to remind Congress what their responsibilities are. If they blow it, let them face the wrath

This can't be stressed.

yawn. We have plenty of cashflow to service our actual debt

Yes, we would have plenty if we stop military spending, or stop sending Social Security checks.

If you were aware of the laws of arithmetics, you would know that. But you are a conservative.

Forum List

Back