Obama strikes in Yemen; Pakistan; Libya; Next up? Iran? Syria?

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
I swear that pre-2009, liberals were out in the streets for Anti-War protests. They condemned Bush and Cheney and the military for striking inside other countries, called them War Mongers, called them evil, blah blah blah.

Now, Obama's list of nations he has ordered strikes on are:

Iraq
Afghanistan
Yemen
Lybia
Pakistan

And I'm sure there are others I've forgotten about. Iran and Syria coming soon.

And I ask........liberals: Are you folks gonna be consistent and protest these strikes and do an anti-war march? Or are you gonna shut-up and toe the line???

I, for one, support Obama's decision to simply "Not say no" to our military when told "Sir, we have a terrorist in our sights". Yep. He is simply saying "OK", or being told he will say "OK". But either way, he is going along with taking these scumbags out. Great job!!

Now, libs, where will the "NO MORE WAR" rally be at? Or did you all decide to toe the line?

Who gives the administration permission to kill selected targets around the world without due process? Does the "war on terror" give the president the absolute power to point to a GPS site and order the killing of who ever lives in that coordinate location? How much killing does Obama intend to authorize during his campaign?

I thought Congress had to authorize strikes on another nation. That was their gripe with Bush. Maybe the Patriot Act changed it.

Oh, wait, no, that bill Obama had passed on December 31st, 2011, when we were all drunk, gave him the power to capture or kill ANYONE, including US citizens, anywhere in the world.

Obama intends to do a lot of killing. Of terrorists in particular. And I applaud it. I just wonder when the left will restart it's anti-war protests???? Did they see we signed a deal with Afghanistan to stay there past 2020 if needed?

Libs? No anger?

I suppose you might have a point if I was ever a part of an anti-war protest.....

So.....

Another motherfucker smoked, b/c Obamas got big ones.

By virtue of your own post, you have to be pretty happy with Obama's foreign policy.

I swear that pre-2009, liberals were out in the streets for Anti-War protests. They condemned Bush and Cheney and the military for striking inside other countries, called them War Mongers, called them evil, blah blah blah.

Now, Obama's list of nations he has ordered strikes on are:

Iraq
Afghanistan
Yemen
Lybia
Pakistan

And I'm sure there are others I've forgotten about. Iran and Syria coming soon.

And I ask........liberals: Are you folks gonna be consistent and protest these strikes and do an anti-war march? Or are you gonna shut-up and toe the line???

I, for one, support Obama's decision to simply "Not say no" to our military when told "Sir, we have a terrorist in our sights". Yep. He is simply saying "OK", or being told he will say "OK". But either way, he is going along with taking these scumbags out. Great job!!

Now, libs, where will the "NO MORE WAR" rally be at? Or did you all decide to toe the line?

Democrats only do small calculated joint NATO strike operations so that they can be justified and rationalized by the left as necessary evils of fighting enemies, and war mongering can still be gotten away with.

I think that's become pretty obvious at this point. Clinton did calculated strikes, then Bush came in and did full scale invasions, and then Obama comes in and does calculated strikes.

That way both parties can still war monger, and the democrats can get away with it with the anti-war left because it's not TECHNICALLY war.

Who gives the administration permission to kill selected targets around the world without due process? Does the "war on terror" give the president the absolute power to point to a GPS site and order the killing of who ever lives in that coordinate location? How much killing does Obama intend to authorize during his campaign?

I think the issue of 'An American targeted' is still up for grabs. However short of an elected leader, all had better keep their eyes up, no?

Granny says, "Dat's right, Obama goin' after dem terrorists, he gonna give `em a smack-down...
:cool:
U.S. escalates clandestine war in Yemen
May 16, 2012 | WASHINGTON -- In an escalation of America’s clandestine war in Yemen, a small contingent of U.S. troops is providing targeting data for Yemeni airstrikes as government forces battle to dislodge Al Qaeda militants and other insurgents in the country’s restive south, U.S. and Yemeni officials said.
Operating from a Yemeni base, at least 20 U.S. special operations troops have used satellite imagery, drone video, eavesdropping systems and other technical means to help pinpoint targets for an offensive that intensified this week, said U.S. and Yemeni officials who asked not to be identified talking about the sensitive operation. The U.S. forces also advised Yemeni military commanders on where and when to deploy their troops, two senior Obama administration officials said. The U.S. contingent is expected to grow, a senior military official said. The Obama administration’s direct military role in Yemen is more extensive than previously reported and represents a deepening involvement in the nation’s growing conflict.

The military and CIA are coordinating a separate but related campaign of airstrikes against members of the group Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, which U.S. intelligence officials say poses the greatest threat to America. The Yemen-based group was implicated this month in a failed effort to put a suicide bomber on a U.S.-bound airliner, the latest of several failed bombing attempts. John Brennan, White House counter-terrorism advisor, flew to Yemen last weekend to meet its new president, Abed Rabbo Mansour Hadi. The administration considers Hadi, who took office in February, an ally and is seeking to support a political transition toward democracy.

U.S. officials remain wary of being drawn into Yemen’s factional political struggles, but they expressed confidence in Hadi. "There are ways of checking their homework," a senior defense official said of the Yemeni government. "They’ve been trusted partners." In a show of support for Hadi’s government, President Obama issued an executive order Wednesday giving the Treasury Department authority to freeze U.S. assets of those who "threaten the peace, security and stability" of Yemen. The order, which does not name any individual, is meant to discourage political meddling by those still loyal to the nation’s former dictator, officials said.

U.S. special operations troops were withdrawn from Yemen last year amid the violent protests that toppled Hadi’s predecessor, Ali Abdullah Saleh, but Pentagon officials disclosed last week that they had returned. The officials described the deployment as a limited training mission for Yemeni security units fighting Al Qaeda, similar to past efforts. Once the U.S. forces arrived, however, Hadi was more willing than Saleh to let the Americans work directly with Yemeni military forces outside the capital, Sana, officials said. The current military offensive coincides with an increase in U.S. military and CIA airstrikes against Al Qaeda leaders in Yemen. They have relied, in part, on intelligence gathered by CIA operatives and contractors in the contested tribal areas, according to a U.S. source with knowledge of the secret operation.

MORE

Obama got rid of Gaddafi with no casualties, will go anywhere with drones that AlQaeda is at. Many thanks for Boooosh and Pubs turning an AlQaeda of a hundred into many thousands...stupid chickenhawk send in the 82nd Airborne a-holes...the 2 longest, stupidest wars EVER, not to mention the incompetents who didn't care about 9/11 warnings....a total catastrophe, and now they want a clone W, but with no personality...Pub dupes! Arrrghhh...stupidest voters/haters anywhere...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back