Obama strikes in Yemen; Pakistan; Libya; Next up? Iran? Syria?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bucs90, May 6, 2012.

1. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    I swear that pre-2009, liberals were out in the streets for Anti-War protests. They condemned Bush and Cheney and the military for striking inside other countries, called them War Mongers, called them evil, blah blah blah.

Now, Obama's list of nations he has ordered strikes on are:

Iraq
    Afghanistan
    Yemen
    Lybia
    Pakistan

And I'm sure there are others I've forgotten about. Iran and Syria coming soon.

And I ask........liberals: Are you folks gonna be consistent and protest these strikes and do an anti-war march? Or are you gonna shut-up and toe the line???

I, for one, support Obama's decision to simply "Not say no" to our military when told "Sir, we have a terrorist in our sights". Yep. He is simply saying "OK", or being told he will say "OK". But either way, he is going along with taking these scumbags out. Great job!!

Now, libs, where will the "NO MORE WAR" rally be at? Or did you all decide to toe the line?

2. whitehall

whitehall Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,904
    Who gives the administration permission to kill selected targets around the world without due process? Does the "war on terror" give the president the absolute power to point to a GPS site and order the killing of who ever lives in that coordinate location? How much killing does Obama intend to authorize during his campaign?

3. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    I thought Congress had to authorize strikes on another nation. That was their gripe with Bush. Maybe the Patriot Act changed it.

Oh, wait, no, that bill Obama had passed on December 31st, 2011, when we were all drunk, gave him the power to capture or kill ANYONE, including US citizens, anywhere in the world.

Obama intends to do a lot of killing. Of terrorists in particular. And I applaud it. I just wonder when the left will restart it's anti-war protests???? Did they see we signed a deal with Afghanistan to stay there past 2020 if needed?

Libs? No anger?

4. geauxtohell

geauxtohell Choose your weapon.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,155
    I suppose you might have a point if I was ever a part of an anti-war protest.....

So.....

Another motherfucker smoked, b/c Obamas got big ones.

By virtue of your own post, you have to be pretty happy with Obama's foreign policy.

5. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,539
    Democrats only do small calculated joint NATO strike operations so that they can be justified and rationalized by the left as necessary evils of fighting enemies, and war mongering can still be gotten away with.

I think that's become pretty obvious at this point. Clinton did calculated strikes, then Bush came in and did full scale invasions, and then Obama comes in and does calculated strikes.

That way both parties can still war monger, and the democrats can get away with it with the anti-war left because it's not TECHNICALLY war.

6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I think the issue of 'An American targeted' is still up for grabs. However short of an elected leader, all had better keep their eyes up, no?

7. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,894
    Granny says, "Dat's right, Obama goin' after dem terrorists, he gonna give `em a smack-down...
    :cool:
    U.S. escalates clandestine war in Yemen
    May 16, 2012 | WASHINGTON -- In an escalation of America’s clandestine war in Yemen, a small contingent of U.S. troops is providing targeting data for Yemeni airstrikes as government forces battle to dislodge Al Qaeda militants and other insurgents in the country’s restive south, U.S. and Yemeni officials said.

8. francoHFW

francoHFW Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,646
    Obama got rid of Gaddafi with no casualties, will go anywhere with drones that AlQaeda is at. Many thanks for Boooosh and Pubs turning an AlQaeda of a hundred into many thousands...stupid chickenhawk send in the 82nd Airborne a-holes...the 2 longest, stupidest wars EVER, not to mention the incompetents who didn't care about 9/11 warnings....a total catastrophe, and now they want a clone W, but with no personality...Pub dupes! Arrrghhh...stupidest voters/haters anywhere...

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  9. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    We can Hope :)

10. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    Wow you just spew Nonsense out your ass.

Obama didn't do it, and there was a HELL of a lot of Blood Shed.