Obama stomps feet and throws tantrum aimed at SCOTUS

Yahoo! News

US President Barack Obama on Monday challenged the "unelected" Supreme Court not to take the "extraordinary" and "unprecedented" step of overturning his landmark health reform law.

Obama gonna lose his security blanket or binkey on this one?

at least your not going for the SCARY ANGRY BLACK MAN image.

Guess what , this right wing scotus better pull their shit together and NOT try to piss this country off with their partisan shit.

Fuck off....

You are worth shit to this forum.

It shouldn't have that right, I disagree with the supreme court's decision in that strip search case.

The government should also not be given the right to mandate I purchase products from a private company. Everyone will drink water, should the govt mandate that I buy it from a company instead of get it from a stream?

I personally don't think Health Care should be in the private sphere..AT ALL.

That said..health care is provided by the government is an indivdual has no insurance. That impacts the common good as everyone has to pay for that in one form or another. Which makes this industry entirely different from many others.

Personally? I think the indivdual mandate was a bad idea. It was a sucker punch by conservatives that said, "We..we have a viable alternative to single payer".

And that's proving to be the case.

so then all should buy disaster insurance as well?

Many people in their lifetimes will never experience a disaster.

Almost everyone will go to the hospital.

It shouldn't have that right, I disagree with the supreme court's decision in that strip search case.

The government should also not be given the right to mandate I purchase products from a private company. Everyone will drink water, should the govt mandate that I buy it from a company instead of get it from a stream?

That said..health care is provided by the government is an indivdual has no insurance. That impacts the common good as everyone has to pay for that in one form or another. Which makes this industry entirely different from many others.

Personally? I think the indivdual mandate was a bad idea. It was a sucker punch by conservatives that said, "We..we have a viable alternative to single payer".

People buying cars that run on oil also impact the common good, should the govt be allowed to mandate I only buy a chevy volt because automobile emissions affects everyone?

Should they next mandate I can only charge the volt with electricity from renewable energy sources? After all its for the common good....i don't think you are thinking this through.

it is not the same.

You can opt to NOT own a car if they did.

But as for insurance....you breathe? You must buy.

Apples to apples.

That is not what they said.

When Pelosi became aware of the fact that she did not have the votes from Democrats on the single payer system, she was forced to go in the direction of the law as it is now....and the GOP made it clear that if you eliminate "pre existing conditions" then the only way the insurance industry could survive is with an individual mandate.

Otherwise, many, if not most would not buy insurance until it was needed.

The GOP never said it was a viable alternative...they said it was the only way the alternative could work...but as you know...they did not want the alternative.

Sure they did. During the Clinton administration.

And yes..I know they don't want an "alternative". Which means they were never ever serious about this.

so you want them to keep ignoring their duty just to pass another unconstitutional law?

:lol:

It was decided over a century ago that congress had very broad powers over commerce. And I find it interesting that you seem to skip over the "right" of the government to strip you down and look in your orifices almost at will..but somehow it doesn't have the "right" to get you enrolled into a system that everyone will use.

Should the federal government mandate that all buy earthquake insurance, flood insurance, hurricane insurance and tornado insurance...even if they dont own a home (to protect their personal belongnings)?

Why not? It costs the tax payer biullions to bail people out after those disasters....

So are you for that as well?
How-the-Hell can you compare insurance (for natural-disasters), that impacts a limited-number of people, with insurance (for health-related issues), that impacts everyone??

:eusa_eh:

People buying cars that run on oil also impact the common good, should the govt be allowed to mandate I only buy a chevy volt because automobile emissions affects everyone?

How about they mandate I can't buy red meat since the methane from the cows they grow to slaughter and feed me beef could cause global warming and affect everyone?

How about they mandate that I can't buy alcohol becuase drinking negatively affects my organs and might make health care cost more for everyone?

Should they next mandate I can only charge the volt with electricity from renewable energy sources? After all its for the common good....i don't think you are thinking this through.

Check your laws..the government mandates all sorts of things against the auto industry. It also provides a minimum age to start drinking.

And most that do will own insurance whether it is mandated or not
And in the end, more suffer from disasters than those that NEED to go to a hospital but do not have coverage.

How about they mandate I can't buy red meat since the methane from the cows they grow to slaughter and feed me beef could cause global warming and affect everyone?

How about they mandate that I can't buy alcohol becuase drinking negatively affects my organs and might make health care cost more for everyone?

Should they next mandate I can only charge the volt with electricity from renewable energy sources? After all its for the common good....i don't think you are thinking this through..

it is not the same.

Apples to apples.

The reasoning he used to justify giving the federal government the autority to force me to buy a private companies product was "for the commone good". I am applying his reasoning in my examples as a comparison in an apples to apples manner ;)

Check your laws..the government mandates all sorts of things against the auto industry. It also provides a minimum age to start drinking.

But people are not mandated to own a car...

Apples to apples please.

Should they next mandate I can only charge the volt with electricity from renewable energy sources? After all its for the common good....i don't think you are thinking this through..

it is not the same.

Apples to apples.

The reasoning he used to justify giving the federal government the autority to force me to buy a private companies product was "for the commone good". I am applying his reasoning in my examples as a comparison in an apples to apples manner ;)

a better example is the government mandating that anyone with a roof over their head MUST purchase disaster insurance.

Becuase it is understood that for one to survive, they must have a roof over their head.

The common good would be every able-bodied person actively employed and contributing to society. Why is that not more of a priority for this President?

I failed to see any feet stomping going on.

Tantrum?

Aren't we being a bit overly dramtic.

The United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit in Washington issued the 37-page opinion by Judge Laurence H. Silberman. In the opinion, Judge Silberman, who was appointed by President Ronald Reagan, described the law as part of the fundamental tension between individual liberty and legislative power.

“The right to be free from federal regulation is not absolute, and yields to the imperative that Congress be free to forge national solutions to national problems, no matter how local — or seemingly passive — their individual origins,” he wrote. The fact that Congress may have never issued an individual mandate to purchase something before, a central argument for many opposing the law, “seems to us a political judgment rather than a recognition of constitutional limitations,” he wrote.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/09/health/policy/appeals-court-upholds-health-care-law.html

Yes it was an exagerated attention grabbing title. The same damn thing the left does every day on here. Problem?

gop_cry1.jpg

Check your wording....the auto industry, not auto consumers. The federal government doesn't mandate what we can and can not buy nor does it tell us what we must buy.

I'm talking about the govt telling indivdual citizens what they can and can not buy not what companies that sell products can and can not do.

Like i said earlier, under this idea of mandating purchases for the "common good", the federal government could tell me I MUST only purchase bottled water as tap water and water from bodies of water could contain some contaminates that may negatively impact my health....raising the cost of caring for the health of the nation and negatively impacting the common good.

Gee......hypotheticals....THE typical "conservative"-response to avoiding the (actual) subject-at-hand.

How creative.

303.gif

Gee......hypotheticals....THE typical "conservative"-response to avoiding the (actual) subject-at-hand.

How creative.

303.gif

Its called having a discussion about a topic, you should maybe give it a try sometime instead of making crayola style posts ;)

Common defense is a more often used term in the Constitution. This is a proper use of government involvement. Common good should be determined by a free market economy.

And most that do will own insurance whether it is mandated or not
And in the end, more suffer from disasters than those that NEED to go to a hospital but do not have coverage.

That's absolutely untrue.

At some point in the lives of almost every American in this country..they've been in a hospital..whether that to be born..or treat a life threatening illness.

Forum List

Back