Obama still wants to "Bankrupt" Coal... Denying that is to Deny Reality...

And if Obama wins, his EPA will systematically stop fracking and the natural gas abundance will go the same way as coal. You can bet on it..

You think the Democratic Party is going to intentionally and systematically commit political suicide by driving up energy costs at every opportunity,

so they can guarantee the Republicans get into power and in turn systematically decimate environmentalist interests?

Did you ever in your life think before you posted?

The first thing my electric company did when Obama closed our plant was to notify it's customers about the increase in electric we will be experiencing beginning in Dec.

Obama was arrogant enough to tell us ahead of time that this was his agenda. Whether or not it is suicidal, will be determined in a few weeks.

Are you going to name the plant? or is that a big secret?

Why don't conservatives care about the facts?

Natural Gas a Raging Bull in Its Battle With Coal

For U.S. power plant operators, the economics of natural gas may have already dethroned coal as the nation's key source of electrical power.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Natural gas is, and is likely to remain, the low-cost option for new generation capacity," says Mark Fulton, managing director of Deutsche Bank's DB Climate Change Advisors.

The U.S. Energy Information Administration, EIA, estimates that nearly 500 trillion cubic feet of natural gas are recoverable in shale formations, like the Marcellus one that spans New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia, significantly boosting national gas reserves to what some estimate is a 100-plus-year supply.

An abundant supply of fuel is great, but modern gas-fired power plants also have lower operating costs than their antiquated coal-fired counterparts, folding in technological improvements that span not just years, but generations.

Who's Winning The Natural Gas Game? - Natural Gas Boom Threatens Coal - US Business News - CNBC

You think the Democratic Party is going to intentionally and systematically commit political suicide by driving up energy costs at every opportunity,

so they can guarantee the Republicans get into power and in turn systematically decimate environmentalist interests?

Did you ever in your life think before you posted?

The first thing my electric company did when Obama closed our plant was to notify it's customers about the increase in electric we will be experiencing beginning in Dec.

Obama was arrogant enough to tell us ahead of time that this was his agenda. Whether or not it is suicidal, will be determined in a few weeks.

It's only a secret to the liberal media. It is the Sammis Plant in Stratton, Ohio
https://www.firstenergycorp.com/con...ntal_stewardship/generation/sammis_plant.html

When I was a little girl we were driving past those stacks, and Daddy said, "Look honey, Daddy put those blinking lights up there on the top so planes won't fly into them."
The next morning as he went to leave for work, I latched on to his leg and cried and begged him not to go.

It's only a secret to the liberal media. It is the Sammis Plant in Stratton, Ohio
https://www.firstenergycorp.com/con...ntal_stewardship/generation/sammis_plant.html

When I was a little girl we were driving past those stacks, and Daddy said, "Look honey, Daddy put those blinking lights up there on the top so planes won't fly into them."
The next morning as he went to leave for work, I latched on to his leg and cried and begged him not to go.

Now isn't this interesting. I google it and the first link I open I get this:

AKRON --In about a month FirstEnergy Corp. will idle one of its largest coal-burning power plants.

The W.H. Sammis power plant only will run when needed, beginning about Sept. 16, said Todd Schneider, company spokesman.

There will be no layoffs, he said, but only 100 to 130 of the plant's 440 employees will remain at Sammis. The others will be transferred to other FirstEnergy power plants.

"It's because of the slow economy and the historic low market prices for electricity," said Schneider. Sammis will remain on a "dispatch-only-when-needed footing" indefinitely at this point, he said. "It depends on what the market does," he said.

So basically everything in this article contradicts everything you said, and, essentially, confirms everything I said.

Isn't that fascinating.

LINK:

FirstEnergy to idle back its huge W.H. Sammis power plant on the Ohio River, operate only when needed | cleveland.com

Why don't conservatives care about the facts?

Natural Gas a Raging Bull in Its Battle With Coal

For U.S. power plant operators, the economics of natural gas may have already dethroned coal as the nation's key source of electrical power.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Natural gas is, and is likely to remain, the low-cost option for new generation capacity," says Mark Fulton, managing director of Deutsche Bank's DB Climate Change Advisors.

The U.S. Energy Information Administration, EIA, estimates that nearly 500 trillion cubic feet of natural gas are recoverable in shale formations, like the Marcellus one that spans New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia, significantly boosting national gas reserves to what some estimate is a 100-plus-year supply.

An abundant supply of fuel is great, but modern gas-fired power plants also have lower operating costs than their antiquated coal-fired counterparts, folding in technological improvements that span not just years, but generations.

Who's Winning The Natural Gas Game? - Natural Gas Boom Threatens Coal - US Business News - CNBC

Affordable gas is right up there with affordable healthcare. It's a promotion not a reality.
Coal and gas have lived side by side here for generations.
You'd think if gas is a breath of fresh air, look at what constitutes a "potential to emit" permit, and you'll realize this has nothing to do with the air you breath.

If Obama was truly interested in the environment there would be no cap and trade. All that does is give the highest bidder the right to spew the most.
If Obama was interested in blue collar jobs, and the middle class, he would welcome all forms of energy. Instead he invests in Petrobra, bankrupts an industry, and heaps the consequences on the out of work middle class.
As soon as the natural gas starts flowing, Obama will start taxing it out of productivity.

Funny thing, that plant has been there all my life and the people around here live into their 80's and 90's and quite a few in the 100.'s.
Not sure how well we'll do with all that Chesapeake formaldehyde though..........

Coal is dying because Natural Gas is dirt cheap. All the coal fired electrical generating plants are switching to natural gas because it is cheaper and causes less damage in use thus lowering maintenance costs. Fracking is killing the coal industry, not Obama, but you knew that already.

Don't worry, enviro cocksuckers haven't got hold of fracking, yet..... :thup:

Now isn't this interesting. I google it and the first link I open I get this:

AKRON --In about a month FirstEnergy Corp. will idle one of its largest coal-burning power plants.

The W.H. Sammis power plant only will run when needed, beginning about Sept. 16, said Todd Schneider, company spokesman.

There will be no layoffs, he said, but only 100 to 130 of the plant's 440 employees will remain at Sammis. The others will be transferred to other FirstEnergy power plants.

"It's because of the slow economy and the historic low market prices for electricity," said Schneider. Sammis will remain on a "dispatch-only-when-needed footing" indefinitely at this point, he said. "It depends on what the market does," he said.

So basically everything in this article contradicts everything you said, and, essentially, confirms everything I said.

Isn't that fascinating.

LINK:

FirstEnergy to idle back its huge W.H. Sammis power plant on the Ohio River, operate only when needed | cleveland.com

Did the article tell you why there were only 440 workers there? It's because the rest were already laid off. Now the plant is trying to remain on line with a skeleton crew hoping that Obama will be defeated and they can resume production. If not they will close just like Obama told them they would. There are layoffs pending and those that have been transferred in an attempt to reach retirement, are now living away from their families. One neighbor has hired hands to run his farm while he lives in a motel in Pa. and the other neighbor flies home on weekends from N.J. to visit his family.

Bobby Urich grew up in Stratton. His mom was one of 13 kids. Annie and his aunt Aggie and the others became millionaires by selling cabbage rolls and other goodies to the workers at the plant. They're shop is empty now as are others. This is complete devastation for Stratton.

About there being no need for their electric, the need hasn't been this high in years! Gas workers are moving here, and buying homes, our population is growing.

The Sammis Plant puts the blame squarely on Obama. (It's where we are getting our "stop the war on coal" signs!) We receive a monthly mag. from our electric company. I pitched mine, but I will see if it may be online, because they make no bones about who is responsible and why, and the consequences replete with the stats on air quality, need, and affordability.

Be careful of the media. They don't always tell you the truth. :eusa_shhh:

Last edited:
Here tonight's paper:
"DEP's air quality division DOES NOT MEASURE the cumulative environmental impact of Chesapeake's multiple sites but plans to evaluate site by site without regard to how much pollution nearby wells, compressor stations, trucks and processing plants will release". They also won't be monitoring the creeks, streams, and river.
You've been sold a "cap and trade is good for the environment" bill of goods. It isn't.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back