Obama starts his 4th war, for a total of SIX!

Geez, the hypocrisy level in here is ridiculous...on BOTH sides. Those of you on the right who said "Back your Commander-in Chief"....that was good advice, and it applies now as well. I don't especially care for Obama, but as of today he happens to be the man behind the desk where the buck stops. He has access to intel the rest of us don't, so let the man do his job (he has no doubt already found that's harder to do, than being a critic). Those of you on the Left, you are no better. What was a "war crime" when Bush did it, is now "fighting terrorism" when your guy does it. I see you don't like the constant carping you dished out; hopefully you've learned something. Your side is in charge-you own it. Deal with it.

There is no limit and no closed season on terrorists....and there should not be. When and where they stick their heads up, we kill them, and I'm fine with that, no matter WHO is giving the orders.

Ahhhhh but Mom, it's so much darn fun to use the Left's own words against them!

And is so much darn fun when the right tries to equate supporting NATO in Libya to invading Iraq

Geez, the hypocrisy level in here is ridiculous...on BOTH sides. Those of you on the right who said "Back your Commander-in Chief"....that was good advice, and it applies now as well. I don't especially care for Obama, but as of today he happens to be the man behind the desk where the buck stops. He has access to intel the rest of us don't, so let the man do his job (he has no doubt already found that's harder to do, than being a critic). Those of you on the Left, you are no better. What was a "war crime" when Bush did it, is now "fighting terrorism" when your guy does it. I see you don't like the constant carping you dished out; hopefully you've learned something. Your side is in charge-you own it. Deal with it.

There is no limit and no closed season on terrorists....and there should not be. When and where they stick their heads up, we kill them, and I'm fine with that, no matter WHO is giving the orders.

And is so much darn fun when the right tries to equate supporting NATO in Libya to invading Iraq

Obama's bombs, they're just more humane than Bush's bombs.

I can ask the same question of you? Why is it OK when Obama bombs people but when Bush bombed other countries you the left called it treason. You democrats have been slamming bush for years about his policies and screaming whenever he used any force. Now, when the grate Obama does it, everything is suddenly kosher. That is bullshit.
And then there is Libya. What terrorist threat did Libya pose to the US? Double standard bullshit. I support Obama's decision to take out terrorists just like I support Bushes. I cannot support Obama getting involved in conflicts that have no bearing on that goal though and hitting countries that contain no threat to the US just like I do not support Bushes bugling in Iraq. The left hacks here seem to have an issue with consistency though. I believe that was the original point in the OP specifically pointed out that the anti-war left was still supporting him. That support is there even after he act EXACTLY LIKE BUSH.

Obama's not conquering other countries. Even one that did nothing to us.

Both Afghanistan and Iraq were total clusterfucks.

And nothing Obama's done in this regard comes close.
So, that is a yes. It is OK for Obama but not for republicans.

Iraq, I agreed on. It says that quite clearly in my last post. Afghanistan was a necessity though and for those of you that do not see that you are hopelessly lost. The war was not fought properly, mainly as a function of Iraq, but it was a necessity. The interesting thing is that the left started with a mantra of that was the right place to be and supported that war. Now they claim that it should have never happened and it was, of course, all bushes fault.
Obama sure is bombing countries that did nothing to us. Libya anyone!?!?

You miss Lockerbie? Seriously?

Gaddafi is a big supporter of terrorism. Bush accepted blood money from the guy..but we shouldn't forget that.

And the Arab League really wants him out. So does China and Russia. So does NATO. The only people that want to protect the guy..are Conservatives and Republicans.

You really want to be on that side?

Oh gosh.:eusa_eh:

Obama's not conquering other countries. Even one that did nothing to us.

Both Afghanistan and Iraq were total clusterfucks.

And nothing Obama's done in this regard comes close.
So, that is a yes. It is OK for Obama but not for republicans.

Iraq, I agreed on. It says that quite clearly in my last post. Afghanistan was a necessity though and for those of you that do not see that you are hopelessly lost. The war was not fought properly, mainly as a function of Iraq, but it was a necessity. The interesting thing is that the left started with a mantra of that was the right place to be and supported that war. Now they claim that it should have never happened and it was, of course, all bushes fault.
Obama sure is bombing countries that did nothing to us. Libya anyone!?!?

Bush accepted blood money from the guy..but we shouldn't forget that.

Bullshit.

Poor Somalia...

First Obama kills their pirates now he is attacking their terrorists....no wonder conservatives are so upset

You miss Lockerbie? Seriously?
?? Where did I say that?
Gaddafi is a big supporter of terrorism. Bush accepted blood money from the guy..but we shouldn't forget that.
Got any links, evidence or anything other than blanket statements?
And the Arab League really wants him out. So does China and Russia. So does NATO. The only people that want to protect the guy..are Conservatives and Republicans.

You really want to be on that side?

Oh gosh.:eusa_eh:
I don't care about sides, what NATO wants and DEFIANTLY do not care what the Arab League wants. If the Arab League wants him out then they can go ahead and do it themselves. What I care about is American interests and safety, none of which is served in this endeavored. Supports terrorists, so did Saddam! He was a HUGE supporter of terrorism. The fact is that he did not support terrorist actions against America though and posed no threat to us. We spent billions on that war and one of the outcomes is going to bring Americans to the thoughts of Iraqis, including those that are terrorists. What is so different about Libya in that regard? Do you even know WHO we are supporting there? Do you have any idea how deep terrorist support goes in the opposition? No, you do not. No one knows.

Conservatives do not want to protect him, that is a misnomer. They want us to restrict our military and keep our men and women out of the line. If you remember, that was the line that was touted in Bushes first campaign. After 9/11 hit they went nuts and we started this policy of killing everyone. BOTH the republicans and the democrats jumped on that bandwagon. The dems only jumped ship earier because it was a political ploy against bushes second term. The republicans jumped later for the same reasons against Obama. Those of us that were not partisan idiots have been watching with disbelief how we now go to war with nary a second thought. That any and all excuses we can come up with end up at the tip of a bomb. YOU may be okay with that as long as a democrat is behind the switch, I am not. I still believe fervently that we need a SMALLER military presence in the world. Certainly, we need to continue to attack Al Qaeda and similar terrorist institutions that threaten our safety wherever they may be. That is why I have no problem with bombing training camps in Somalia and why I applaud Obama's execution of the raid on Osama's compound without regard to Pakistan's whishes. However, I refuse to be a political hack and support our going to war with people that neither present a danger to the US or support terrorist actions against her. You, on the other hand, seem to not care what the issue surrounding the actions are other than what letter proceeds the name on the TV screen.

The US army needs to be stopped.

Good luck with that.

standard.jpg

How about this!

Invading Iraq dumb dumb dumb (Bush)!
Taking focus off Afghani (Bush) dumb dumb dumb!
Going to war with Libya dumb dumb dumb (Obama).
Escalating the Afghan war into Pakistan (drone attacks - Obama) - Good move.
Bombing Islamofacist shit hole Somolia (Obama) - good move
Facilitating the overthrow of Egypt (Obama) - dumb dumb dumb

Okay I'm new here. I'm not sure but it seems like the person who started the thread is against these actions, specifically because Obama is taking them - and whether or not these actions are good or bad for the USA is sort of a bi-product.
I am former NIS and have friends who are Force Recon, SEALs and Christians In Action. None of us like Al Qaeda. Just not a swell bunch of guys. If we can find em, we should kill em. Let em know that from now on, if they want to go blowing up civilians in the name of Allah, well kids, we aren't distracted anymore. Like the movies, we'll be coming to your neighborhood soon...

What is the problem with this concept people?

Okay I'm new here. I'm not sure but it seems like the person who started the thread is against these actions, specifically because Obama is taking them - and whether or not these actions are good or bad for the USA is sort of a bi-product.
I am former NIS and have friends who are Force Recon, SEALs and Christians In Action. None of us like Al Qaeda. Just not a swell bunch of guys. If we can find em, we should kill em. Let em know that from now on, if they want to go blowing up civilians in the name of Allah, well kids, we aren't distracted anymore. Like the movies, we'll be coming to your neighborhood soon...

What is the problem with this concept people?

The fact that in Libya we are doing the exact opposite...

Forum List

Back