Obama Stands Up For Romney's Wife

No it is true, its blatant hypocricy and very telling of the agenda to dishonestly portray how Republican men and women think about women in general.

Wow. You don't get it at all.

This was a classic Tar Baby ploy. You know the Tar Baby story from Uncle Remus, how Br'er Fox and Br'er Bear made a baby out of tar and left it in the middle of the road? Br'er Rabbit came along, tried to strike up a conversation, the Tar Baby appeared to snub him, and Rabbit hauled off and slugged it, getting his fist stuck in the tar.

That's what this was. My own reaction, when I first heard what Rosen said, was a very mild and not very interested, "Hmm, I don't really agree with that, but whatever." And that's going to be the reaction, generally, from anyone with any chance of voting for Obama anyway: I don't agree, but big deal.

What Obama was looking for here was an intemperate reaction from Romney supporters and others on the right, that would demonstrate certain attitudes common on the right but very unpopular with the population as a whole. He wanted a confirmation that Republicans have an attitude towards women that they should stay in the kitchen and make babies. And that's exactly what he got.

Then, because he had gotten an underling to make the statement rather than making it himself, he could go into an interview and say, "I don't agree with that," and make himself look presidential, compassionate, and above the fray. Since hardly anyone DOES agree with what Rosen said, he could do this without pissing off his own side.

He's gotten exactly what he wanted here. Your side fell for it hook, line and sinker.

He didn't get that at all. What he got was republicans defending women who make their own personal choices. He also got the general public to see that some dems despise stay at home moms. He also got a new thing called http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/218155-the-hillary-rosen-standard.html#post5119016

He didn't get that at all. What he got was republicans defending women who make their own personal choices.

You don't see it for the same reason a fish doesn't see the water. It's perfectly clear that those who were outraged by this statement from Rosen believe that staying home with the children is, not just A personal choice, but a SUPERIOR personal choice, or even (at the extreme) the ONLY VALID personal choice. You can't see these overtones, apparently, but I can, and others who might vote for Obama can, too. And he isn't concerned with the opinions of those who won't vote for him anyway.

He also got the general public to see that some dems despise stay at home moms.

You are projecting your own attitudes onto the general public. You are mistaken. The general public, or that portion of it that Obama is trying to woo, will feel about Rosen's statement much as I do: "I disagree, but big deal."

Keep slugging that tar baby, and you will be doing exactly what Obama wants you to do.

:lol: Dragon resorting to racial epithets to try and silence me :lol:

Last edited:
Rosen is a White House operative who has been there on 37 occasions.

She must be pissed to have been made the patsy.

Liar.

She is employed by CNN and, like many reporters and journalists has been to the White House in that capacity.

Please stop lying. Thank you.

Rosen is a White House operative who has been there on 37 occasions.

She must be pissed to have been made the patsy.

Liar.

She is employed by CNN and, like many reporters and journalists has been to the White House in that capacity.

Please stop lying. Thank you.

This is how and why reps are attaching her to Obama

Liberal site: Carney: Rosen visited WH on 'a number of occasions' - POLITICO.com
Conservative site: Hilary Rosen, Frequent White House Visitor - By Jim Geraghty - The Campaign Spot - National Review Online

So actually its not a lie so take your own advice and stop ;)

I must admit - this is a good thing he has done. :clap2:

WASHINGTON (AP) — The White House — and President Barack Obama himself — rushed into a damage control campaign Thursday to blunt the impact of a Democratic consultant's suggestion that Ann Romney isn't qualified to discuss the economy because she "hasn't worked a day in her life."

"It was the wrong thing to say," Obama declared in an interview with WCMH-TV in Columbus, Ohio, standing up for Republican rival Mitt Romney's wife with Democrats suddenly on the defensive over women's issues for the first time this election year. Of the "ill-advised statement" by consultant Hilary Rosen, he added, "It's not something that I subscribe to."

Yeah, right. Obama is a great believer in keeping his opponents family off limits. That's why he had his henchmen file lawsuits to make Paul Ryan's divorce records public. That's why he sent his henchment to Alaska to drag Sarah Palin's daughter through the mud.

Obama is a sleazy lying scumbag. He pretends to be a gentlement while he has subordinates do his dirty work for him, and they perform the lowest, dirtiest tricks in the book

It was Jack Ryan's sealed divorce Records, Obama's opinionate in the ILL senate race. Not Paul Ryan...

CAMPAIGN 2004

Court sets release of Ryan's divorce file
Judge admits son will be harmed

LOS ANGELES— Dealing a blow to the U.S. Senate candidacy of Republican Jack Ryan, a California judge ruled that several sealed divorce records likely to embarrass the candidate and his ex-wife should be opened to the public.

Ruling on a request brought by attorneys for the Tribune and WLS-TV, Superior Court Judge Robert Schnider acknowledged that the resulting publicity from the disclosure would be harmful to the couple's son, a key argument Ryan had raised in seeking to keep the documents from public view.

But Schnider said he had weighed the public interest of disclosure against the private interests of the Ryans and their child. "In the end," Schnider found, "the balance tips slightly to the public.

"They were aware they were in a public court system and protection from embarrassment cannot be a basis for keeping from the public what's put in public courts," said Schnider, referring to Ryan and his ex-wife, actress Jeri Lynn Ryan. Additionally, Schnider said, "the openness of court files must be maintained, so that the public ... can be assured that there is no favoritism shown to the rich and the powerful."

Schnider ruled that allegations the Ryans made against each other in their 1999 divorce would be released, though documents directly pertaining to the welfare of the couple's 9-year-old son would remain under seal. He acknowledged that in approving the release of the documents, "the nature of publicity generated will become known to the child and have a deleterious effect on the child."

Court sets release of Ryan's divorce file - chicagotribune.com

Forum List

Back