Obama Stands Up For Romney's Wife

McCain called Ann Romney a ****?

Really?

Nah...it was just his WIFE!

You're not making any sense, I mean more so than usual.

What does McCain wife have to do with Obama's War on women?

I will type slower in hopes that you can keep up. You asked, "McCain called Ann Romney a ****?" And my reply was "Nah...it was just his WIFE!", as in it was his wife that he called a "****". Get it?

So, I think it is great that Ann Romney had the option to stay at home and perform the mother's role to it's fullest. And I commend her for doing so.

She had the "option" to do anything she wanted to asshole. She "chose" to be a stay at home mother. So get the fuck over it. Obama and CNN did.

What is there for them to get over? They're the perps in these sleazy episode.

Rosen is a White House operative who has been there on 37 occasions.

She must be pissed to have been made the patsy.

yep, she's a loyal democrat foot soldier (well paid by the way) that will have to take one for the team.

If you think her remarks weren't planned and approved by the Whitehouse, then you are naive. They took a test run at Romney's wife, and it blew up in their faces, but Obama comes off without a scratch because he has his underlings do all the dirty work.

Was it for Romneys wife or damafe control?

The FACT that President Obama passed the Lilly Ledbetter act and Repubs have been against equal pay and have always been against equal pay, it's pretty obvious why he said it.

Whe asked if Mitt agrees with the Lilly Ledbetter Act, all we heard was that he'll get back to us. If Mittens now says he is in favor of equal pay for women, that's when we should ask why he is suddenly in favor of something that actually helps women.

The president has always fought for the working class. The pubs have always been for the wealthy.

People who talk about the "choices" women have stay at home have no clue about reality. Most women don't have the choice that Ann Romney has always had.

I wonder how many other democrat operatives who have visited the white house dozens of times feel that women who stay home to raise a family are somehow less valuable than women who worked careers?

I doubt very much that Hilary Rosen feels that way. I think this entire business was a put-on orchestrated by the president.

I don't doubt that she was directed to comment about Anne Romney from those up high in the Obama administration, probably not obama himself but those in his inner circle.

I think they figured it would play as just another "Romeny is a rich dude" attack and didn't anticipate the actual comment to be taking as an insult against stay at home mothers.

They can do damage control but we got to peek under the mask a little which does damage their whole "Republicans hate you" and "Romney is rich and out of touch" mantras.

Here is where the democrats screwed up BIG time. When Sarah Palin was governor, the democrats said that her family didn't mean much to her because she was a working mother. NOW they castigate Ann Romney for not working. In trying to have it both ways, the democrats end up with nothing.

This is true and an excellent point.

Anytime Dems bring up their "war on women" talking point mantra Reps can now point to the comments about both Sarah Palin and Mrs. Romney to show their politicing and hypocricy on the issue. .

Bah, no it isn't. You guys are looking at this from your side of the culture wars, and what you haven't figured out is that for Obama, your side of the culture wars simply doesn't matter. You aren't going to vote for him anyway. Making you more upset with him costs nothing, and he gains a lot from this whole thing, with people who might vote for him -- unlike yourselves.

No it is true, its blatant hypocricy and very telling of the agenda to dishonestly portray how Republican men and women think about women in general.

Was it for Romneys wife or damafe control?

The FACT that President Obama passed the Lilly Ledbetter act and Repubs have been against equal pay and have always been against equal pay, it's pretty obvious why he said it.

Whe asked if Mitt agrees with the Lilly Ledbetter Act, all we heard was that he'll get back to us. If Mittens now says he is in favor of equal pay for women, that's when we should ask why he is suddenly in favor of something that actually helps women.

The president has always fought for the working class. The pubs have always been for the wealthy.

People who talk about the "choices" women have stay at home have no clue about reality. Most women don't have the choice that Ann Romney has always had.

Apparently, the upcoming recall election is not enough controversy for Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker. Last Thursday he decided to step it up a notch by also repealing the 2009 Equal Pay Enforcement Act in Wisconsin.

And since Mitt Romney has recently expressed his support for Walker—at a GOP dinner in Pewaukee, Romney called Walker a “hero”—the conversation on equal pay has shifted from the governor to the presidential candidate. Immediately following the repeal, President Barack Obama’s campaign spokeswoman Lis Smith emphasized Walker and Romney’s friendship and pointedly asked: “Does Romney think women should have the ability to take their bosses to court to get the same pay as their male coworkers? Or does he stand with Governor Walker against this?”

Initially, it did not seem that the Romney campaign cared to answer. But that changed this morning when Huffington Post journalist Sam Stein asked during a conference call whether Romney supports the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, the first bill signed into law by President Obama. The Romney aide’s answer: “Sam, we’ll get back to you on that.”

It is concerning, to say the least, that Romney’s campaign could not provide a simple yes or no answer for whether Romney supports Lilly Ledbetter—a straightforward law that was designed to make challenging unequal pay easier for women. How can a campaign that is currently trying to flip the “war on women” conversation and encouraging voters to focus on Romney and Obama’s economic policies affecting women, rather than social policies, not have a stock response for Stein's query? Isn’t equal pay an economic issue? On Tuesday, the Romney campaign claimed that “one million women have lost their jobs under this administration, nearly one million have become unemployed as a result of Obama's policies” and accused the Obama administration of having “set women in the workplace back 20 years.” And on Wednesday it wasn’t sure whether Romney supports pay equity.

Romney’s campaign did eventually confirm that Romney “supports pay equity and is not looking to change current law” but the damage was already done. I would venture to say this debacle will ensure that few women will be fooled by Romney's guile. We’re smarter than that.

Mitt Romney and Lilly Ledbetter Equal Pay Act: "We'll Have to Get Back to You on That"

Rosen is a White House operative who has been there on 37 occasions.

She must be pissed to have been made the patsy.

yep, she's a loyal democrat foot soldier (well paid by the way) that will have to take one for the team.

If you think her remarks weren't planned and approved by the Whitehouse, then you are naive. They took a test run at Romney's wife, and it blew up in their faces, but Obama comes off without a scratch because he has his underlings do all the dirty work.

Did you even read what I wrote? This and my previous post is almost exactly what you wrote here. Naive???

I heard someone say that Obama excludes women in his high-powered golf events and his women staffers make 18 percent less than the men. The war on women by the dems is going full speed.

Here is where the democrats screwed up BIG time. When Sarah Palin was governor, the democrats said that her family didn't mean much to her because she was a working mother. NOW they castigate Ann Romney for not working. In trying to have it both ways, the democrats end up with nothing.

This is a great point. For a party (the democrats) that say they are supporting women, they certainly didn't support Palin. It is always down to politics, so they think it is fine to attack women who they don't agree with......but I feel ashamed the way Palin was treated in 2008...

I think it was about damage control more than Obama actually caring about Romney's wife being insulted.

With so many on welfare, I think the Dems realized they also insulted supporters who have never worked and don't want to.

No it is true, its blatant hypocricy and very telling of the agenda to dishonestly portray how Republican men and women think about women in general.

Wow. You don't get it at all.

This was a classic Tar Baby ploy. You know the Tar Baby story from Uncle Remus, how Br'er Fox and Br'er Bear made a baby out of tar and left it in the middle of the road? Br'er Rabbit came along, tried to strike up a conversation, the Tar Baby appeared to snub him, and Rabbit hauled off and slugged it, getting his fist stuck in the tar.

That's what this was. My own reaction, when I first heard what Rosen said, was a very mild and not very interested, "Hmm, I don't really agree with that, but whatever." And that's going to be the reaction, generally, from anyone with any chance of voting for Obama anyway: I don't agree, but big deal.

What Obama was looking for here was an intemperate reaction from Romney supporters and others on the right, that would demonstrate certain attitudes common on the right but very unpopular with the population as a whole. He wanted a confirmation that Republicans have an attitude towards women that they should stay in the kitchen and make babies. And that's exactly what he got.

Then, because he had gotten an underling to make the statement rather than making it himself, he could go into an interview and say, "I don't agree with that," and make himself look presidential, compassionate, and above the fray. Since hardly anyone DOES agree with what Rosen said, he could do this without pissing off his own side.

He's gotten exactly what he wanted here. Your side fell for it hook, line and sinker.

I heard someone say that Obama excludes women in his high-powered golf events and his women staffers make 18 percent less than the men. The war on women by the dems is going full speed.

Do you have a way we can verify this is true?

No. I heard it on the radio this morning. That's why I wrote "I heard."

which radio show, i might be able to get their source to verify.....i just want to know for sure.

Wow. You don't get it at all.

This was a classic Tar Baby ploy. You know the Tar Baby story from Uncle Remus, how Br'er Fox and Br'er Bear made a baby out of tar and left it in the middle of the road? Br'er Rabbit came along, tried to strike up a conversation, the Tar Baby appeared to snub him, and Rabbit hauled off and slugged it, getting his fist stuck in the tar.

That's what this was. My own reaction, when I first heard what Rosen said, was a very mild and not very interested, "Hmm, I don't really agree with that, but whatever." And that's going to be the reaction, generally, from anyone with any chance of voting for Obama anyway: I don't agree, but big deal.

What Obama was looking for here was an intemperate reaction from Romney supporters and others on the right, that would demonstrate certain attitudes common on the right but very unpopular with the population as a whole. He wanted a confirmation that Republicans have an attitude towards women that they should stay in the kitchen and make babies. And that's exactly what he got.

Then, because he had gotten an underling to make the statement rather than making it himself, he could go into an interview and say, "I don't agree with that," and make himself look presidential, compassionate, and above the fray. Since hardly anyone DOES agree with what Rosen said, he could do this without pissing off his own side.

He's gotten exactly what he wanted here. Your side fell for it hook, line and sinker.

He didn't get that at all. What he got was republicans defending women who make their own personal choices. He also got the general public to see that some dems despise stay at home moms. He also got a new thing called http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/218155-the-hillary-rosen-standard.html#post5119016

Last edited:
Hopefully the Lily Ledbetter act will be declared unconstitutional by the first cour to hear a challenge to it.

It's one of those laws that sounds really good, but is really very destructive.

He didn't get that at all. What he got was republicans defending women who make their own personal choices.

You don't see it for the same reason a fish doesn't see the water. It's perfectly clear that those who were outraged by this statement from Rosen believe that staying home with the children is, not just A personal choice, but a SUPERIOR personal choice, or even (at the extreme) the ONLY VALID personal choice. You can't see these overtones, apparently, but I can, and others who might vote for Obama can, too. And he isn't concerned with the opinions of those who won't vote for him anyway.

He also got the general public to see that some dems despise stay at home moms.

You are projecting your own attitudes onto the general public. You are mistaken. The general public, or that portion of it that Obama is trying to woo, will feel about Rosen's statement much as I do: "I disagree, but big deal."

Keep slugging that tar baby, and you will be doing exactly what Obama wants you to do.

Forum List

Back