Obama spending binge never happened

Dick Tuck

Board Troll
Aug 29, 2009
Another right wing lie debunked.

Commentary: Government outlays rising at slowest pace since 1950s

Of all the falsehoods told about President Barack Obama, the biggest whopper is the one about his reckless spending spree.

As would-be president Mitt Romney tells it: “I will lead us out of this debt and spending inferno.”

Almost everyone believes that Obama has presided over a massive increase in federal spending, an “inferno” of spending that threatens our jobs, our businesses and our children’s future. Even Democrats seem to think it’s true.

But it didn’t happen. Although there was a big stimulus bill under Obama, federal spending is rising at the slowest pace since Dwight Eisenhower brought the Korean War to an end in the 1950s.

MW-AR658_spendi_20120521163312_ME.jpg

Another right wing lie debunked.

Commentary: Government outlays rising at slowest pace since 1950s

Of all the falsehoods told about President Barack Obama, the biggest whopper is the one about his reckless spending spree.

As would-be president Mitt Romney tells it: “I will lead us out of this debt and spending inferno.”

Almost everyone believes that Obama has presided over a massive increase in federal spending, an “inferno” of spending that threatens our jobs, our businesses and our children’s future. Even Democrats seem to think it’s true.

But it didn’t happen. Although there was a big stimulus bill under Obama, federal spending is rising at the slowest pace since Dwight Eisenhower brought the Korean War to an end in the 1950s.

MW-AR658_spendi_20120521163312_ME.jpg

That is true, but it requires a grade school graduate to understand it.

Oh, so the $5 trillion in new debt is just a figment of everyone's imagination.

I'm so relieved. :rolleyes:

You should be. Obama has no control over non discretionary spending.
Right...No control.

That's why he has failed to submit a budget that would pass muster in the most leftist of congressional delegations in history, and only run the gubmint on one continuing resolution after another.

Just balloon the debt, wash your hands of it and say "non-discretionary spending!"

Fucking cowards....Every one of y'all.

Obama spent more than any president since the great depression!

usgs_line.php

Another liar who's too dumb to know the difference between discretionary and nondiscretionary spending. Keep living the lie.

That chart is funny. Is the author even a real person?

Who is Christopher Chantrill?

Recently I stumbled on a rather vocal, and extremely articulate conservative by the name of Christopher Chantrill.

Christopher Chantrill - Home Page

At his site he has compiled a lot of economic data easily searchable at

Federal State Local Government Revenue in United States for 2012 - Charts Tables...

I don't know what to make of him. He is a follower of Ludwig von Mises, F.A. Hayek, Leo Strauss, and Eric Voegelin, a supporter of Sarah Palin, a climate skeptic but numbers are numbers and his charts are not easily dismissible. My question for all you Kossacks out there is, who is this Chantrill, and how reliablle are his data?

Daily Kos: Who is Christopher Chantrill?

Obama spent more than any president since the great depression!

usgs_line.php

Another liar who's too dumb to know the difference between discretionary and nondiscretionary spending. Keep living the lie.

Keep moving the goal post for your idiot-n-chief.

No goal post is being moved. Obama's growth of the federal government is the lowest since the '50s. That's what the OP states, and that's what the fact is. But keep on lying.

No goal post is being moved. Obama's growth of the federal government is the lowest since the '50s. That's what the OP states, and that's what the fact is. But keep on lying.

FACT: Obama increased government spending from 35% to 43% of GDP. That is an 8% increase no matter how you liers try to spin it. It is also the largest amount of government spending since the great depression.

usgs_line.php

Last edited:

FACT: Obama increased government spending from 35% to 43% of GDP. That is an 8% increase no matter how you liers try to spin it. It is also the largest amount of government spending since the great depression.

usgs_line.php

Liar. Obama has no control over nondiscretionary spending. Obama's growth of the Federal government is at the lowest rate since the 1950s.

Oh, so the $5 trillion in new debt is just a figment of everyone's imagination.

I'm so relieved. :rolleyes:

About 4 Trillion of it is not "new" debt but was accrued in the previous administration.

Bush really did spend like a drunken sailor. Obama bellied up to the bar and paid the tab.

Four years later and Obama is STILL not the fault of ANYTHING..It's still........Boooooooosh

Too bad for Obamabots the majority of the people believe he is..Approvals down in the mid 40's...tsk tsk

'Idiots'-
Where WE go wrong is by being divisive, left, right, liberals, conservatives...

What WE need to do, as citizens of this great country, is put aside the petty partisan bickering and blaming in order to find real solutions!

Right WryCatcher, DickTuck, Lah(fuck you)kota?

Forum List

Back